+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
I've been informed by two different CIC call centre people that you cannot apply for BOWP online. Does anyone know if this is total BS as I understand some people have applied online and have gotten their work permit.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
joyous said:
I've been informed by two different CIC call centre people that you cannot apply for BOWP online. Does anyone know if this is total BS as I understand some people have applied online and have gotten their work permit.
Unless they have just changed things, then it's a load of crap.

Answer the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire to get to the correct application package.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

niru2006

Sep 26, 2013
Rainy said:
thanks, I think I will do it like you,just submitte with what ever amount they are asking. Thanks again
Hi Guys, Did you uploaded travel itinerary while applying BOWP? I am trying to apply for BOWP online and it is asking for travel itinerary as a required document.

mantonio

Feb 8, 2015
kkrr said:
Dont worry.. it's common.. currently cic working on Jan 19 applications.. u need to wait around 1 more month
Hi KKrr,
I applied for the extension of my BOWP on Jauary 30th and still there is no updates, they are only extending the processing time.

Now I see that, website has been last updated on March 6th and they are processing Jan 11th application.

Thanks,
mantonio.

harjotbns

Mar 16, 2015
Hey Guys,
I had applied for my PR under CEC in June 2014, but the file was returned in September 2014 because of fee payment problems. I sent the file back with a Bank Draft on September 25th. My Open Work Permit was due to expire on November 3 2014, so I applied for extension of work permit on October 30th 2014, without a LMIA or AOR( AOR was not received then). On January 23rd 2015, my application was for extension of Work permit was rejected. I received my AOR on February 12th and I applied online for a Work Permit on Feb 14th 2015 with AOR and explanation letter.
My Restoration period is expiring on April 23rd 2015, and still I have not received any reply for my Work Permit application yet. I am getting worried since CIC has increased the processing time to 53 days for an online application.
My Questions are-
1.Does CIC give work permit in such cases?
2. If the answer for the previous question is No, What can I do or apply, if I don't want to leave Canada?

Please guys reply as soon as possible.
Appreciate your help.

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
Dear Friends,

I need help Seniors. As, i am going to apply my BOWP ONLINE. I am confused with a number of questions. I am putting those question, PLEASE help me. I would really appreciate it. My questions are below:

1.Where is Document no. on work permit, is it a 10 digint no(U94........) ?

2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.

3. In Section, Details of Intend Work In Canada, should i leave question 2-7 blank. would i able to validate my form with it?

4. Should i need to print and Sign IMM5710E AND Schedule A Background/declaration form because as they say there will a option for electronic signature.

5. what kind of explanation letter should i make for ITINERARY i mean a format and what details should i put ?

6. For explanation Letter upload section, Should i attach a copy of my AOR or just write a cover letter and put all details in that.

I would extremely thankful to your input.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
arowberry said:
Unless they have just changed things, then it's a load of crap.

Answer the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire to get to the correct application package.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp
thanks. they're so clueless sometimes.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
dangerjas said:
Dear Friends,

I need help Seniors. As, i am going to apply my BOWP ONLINE. I am confused with a number of questions. I am putting those question, PLEASE help me. I would really appreciate it. My questions are below:

1.Where is Document no. on work permit, is it a 10 digint no(U94........) ? Yes

2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.- Fill only the employment history section for additional employment details, take a print out of that sheet and scan along with the letter of explanation.

3. In Section, Details of Intend Work In Canada, should i leave question 2-7 blank. would i able to validate my form with it? Yes

4. Should i need to print and Sign IMM5710E AND Schedule A Background/declaration form because as they say there will a option for electronic signature. No.

5. what kind of explanation letter should i make for ITINERARY i mean a format and what details should i put ?

Name:
Address :
Phone:
Email :

Date:

TO

Consular Officer
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section

Re: BOWP Application

Dear Sir,

I,-- , have been working in Canada since -- on Work Permit. I have submitted Application for Permanent Residence in Canada under Canadian Experience Class( CEC) and received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt).

My PR application is under process and my current BOWP will be expiring in March,2015. I am applying for a bridging open work permit as per OB485-A(Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013-http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp)

Please find the below details of my CEC application:

UCI: -- /Application Number : --

Please find attached the following documents

1. The Acknowledgement of Receipt letter/e-mail has been sent by CIO.
2. My latest work Permit with which I am working in Ontario, Canada.
3. IMM5710E- additional employment details to include the past 10 years' experience

I request you to kindly consider this, as part of the documents required for processing my BOWP application.

Yours Sincerely,

------
(Applicant)

6. For explanation Letter upload section, Should i attach a copy of my AOR or just write a cover letter and put all details in that. - Please scan AOR along with explanation letter. Explanation letter would be one scanned document along with additional employment history, AOR and WP .

I would extremely thankful to your input.

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.- Fill only the employment history section for additional employment details, take a print out of that sheet and scan along with the letter of explanation

##Does it mean " employment history section" page from IMM5710E form ?

4. Should i need to print and Sign IMM5710E AND Schedule A Background/declaration form because as they say there will a option for electronic signature. No.

##DOES it mean, just fill the form as it and do not need to print out and not need to sign, just upload the form after filling even dont need to convert in pdf?

THANKS

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
dangerjas said:
2. I Could not put my 10 years employment history on IMM5710E form. what should i do.- Fill only the employment history section for additional employment details, take a print out of that sheet and scan along with the letter of explanation

##Does it mean " employment history section" page from IMM5710E form ? Yes

##DOES it mean, just fill the form as it and do not need to print out and not need to sign, just upload the form after filling even dont need to convert in pdf? Yes. You only need to upload the form

THANKS

samiamazigh

Jan 25, 2014
Please Hepl .
Anybody know if the experience obtained with bowp will count for a future application ??
I got refused my application for cec , beacause the conserd I don't have enough experience in a level o,a,b , so I was thinking to reapply using the experience obatain with BOWP , any advise please
thanks for the help .

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
samiamazigh said:
Please Hepl .
Anybody know if the experience obtained with bowp will count for a future application ??
I got refused my application for cec , beacause the conserd I don't have enough experience in a level o,a,b , so I was thinking to reapply using the experience obatain with BOWP , any advise please
thanks for the help .
You need to have an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) to be eligible for a BOWP. The AOR is granted when you pass the first stage of Permanent Residence.

Your question is therefore null, because you want a BOWP to qualify for PR, whereas you cannot get a BOWP without having already applied for PR.

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
guys please reply

i submitted an BOWP application last march 15.. but i got a hint that i will be refuse coz i ddnt attached AOR (i dont have yet) and my pnp cert will be expire on april 18 as well as my wp. by the time they refuse me.. my wp is expired already.. what should i do? aside from restoration? can i apply for another wp, employer specific ( closed work permit) right after if i can provide job offer and all those things? am i still gonna be implied?

please help me. thank you so much.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
senecanking said:
Hello,

Does BOWP requires Medical?

Thanks,
Only if you have recently lived in a 'designated' country. So almost certainly no, considering you're already living in Canada.

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi Guys,

I need your help here.

My current PGWP ends in end of July. Technically, I can only apply for BOWP at end of March to fall in one of the requirements which is WP expiring within 4 months.

My question is: can I apply now? Based on the processing time, it will be definitely within 4-month expiry when VO can start reviewing my application. Or do I have to start applying until end of March?

The urgent need of doing this is that I need to apply for my wife's SOWP. without BOWP, I cannot apply for her.

Please share some insights,

Thanks,
Ray