+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

iheartsharks

Apr 30, 2014
horvathc said:
Hi,
Actually if you apply for the BOWP - what is an open work permit - you will make this point, so just apply for the BOWP. ;) The best is to go and check your eligibility and make your own checklist so it'll tell you everything you should send / upload. The best and quickest way to apply online. ;)
THANKS, horvathc! this helps a lot. I have also found the thread "tips for a successful bowp application". I will follow all that.

Ghagen

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received @ CIO, CEC: 30-09-2013/ PNP: 27-12-2013
Nomination.....
AINP NOMINATED- 09/10/2013
AOR Received.
CEC: 14-11-2013/ PNP: 04-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Med's Request
04-02-2014 (PNP)
Med's Done....
08-02-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
horvathc said:
Hi,
I've replied already in the other topic, check it out. ;)
Thanks horvathc

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
swathi461 said:
Yes for Spose.Right now my spouse is on visitor visa.I want him to get owp with my Bowp.Is it possible
Moreover i am planning to apply for Bowp at the end of this month.So should i apply first then for my spouse or else can we apply both at a time.
Hi,

This is what OB 485A says:

Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

In all cases the Bridging WP must be valid for longer than 6 months.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Worker Class applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant's occupation.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Trades applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC Skill Level B.

For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

For Dependent children of a PR applicant in any of these Economic Classes, must obtain a LMO or have a LMO exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a WP.

So you know your situation, you should know if it's applies for you or not.
Have you applied under CEC? Why your spouse did not get a WP? Maybe because of your job / NOC code? Worst case you can apply for your BOWP and renew his visitor permit - this you should able to do together.

Check your eligibility online, and if you answer all the questions correctly then you'll see what is says. ;)

swathi461

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014: APP. Received=22-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
horvathc said:
Hi,

This is what OB 485A says:

Spouse or Common-law Partner and Dependents

Certain conditions are required to be met by the holder of a Bridging WP, in order for their spouse to also be eligible for an open WP under R205(c)(ii).

In all cases the Bridging WP must be valid for longer than 6 months.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Worker Class applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0, A or B.

For spouses of PNP applicants: the spouse is eligible for an open WP for the duration of the WP held by the principal PNP applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal PN applicant's occupation.

For spouses of Federal Skilled Trades applicants: the Bridging WP holder must be performing work which is within one of the qualifying occupations in NOC Skill Level B.

For spouses of CEC applicants: there are no set preconditions to be met by the principal CEC applicant.

For Dependent children of a PR applicant in any of these Economic Classes, must obtain a LMO or have a LMO exemption based on their specific situation in order to apply for a WP.

So you know your situation, you should know if it's applies for you or not.
Have you applied under CEC? Why your spouse did not get a WP? Maybe because of your job / NOC code? Worst case you can apply for your BOWP and renew his visitor permit - this you should able to do together.

Check your eligibility online, and if you answer all the questions correctly then you'll see what is says. ;)
k thnks for the information.
If you dont mind can you send me the link on the cic website from where did you get this information.

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
swathi461 said:
k thnks for the information.
If you dont mind can you send me the link on the cic website from where did you get this information.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

;-)

Cora24

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
Med's Request
28-10-2014
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
Hi guys, please I need an advice. I´m trying to apply for BOWP. Found all information I need I think..but how did you create a pdf document with AOR (and other stuff)? Did you just copy text from e-mail?? I guess we don´t get any hard copy.. Thank you so much!

KevinSong

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
Doc's Request.
08-05-2014 (additional doc request)
Med's Request
08-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-06-2014
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
copr on 16-07-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014 at pacific highway
Cora24 said:
Hi guys, please I need an advice. I´m trying to apply for BOWP. Found all information I need I think..but how did you create a pdf document with AOR (and other stuff)? Did you just copy text from e-mail?? I guess we don´t get any hard copy.. Thank you so much!
there are two ways, as far as I know.

First way:

copy and paste it on Microsoft Word, print it and scan it. (set up your scanner as PDF, not jpg or others.)

Second way:

copy and paste it on Microsoft Word, download a Word to PDF converter and follow the instruction.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
KevinSong said:
there are two ways, as far as I know.

First way:

copy and paste it on Microsoft Word, print it and scan it. (set up your scanner as PDF, not jpg or others.)

Second way:

copy and paste it on Microsoft Word, download a Word to PDF converter and follow the instruction.

There's an easier way. If you're on Windows, download and install this program
>> http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
This will install a so-called PDF printer on your computer, which let's you "print" documents into PDF documents.
So, after installing the program, open the AOR email and select print, then select the CutePDF Printer and print.

Lemon Tree

May 8, 2014
Good evening to all!

Please help me with my dillemas in applying for the BOWP online.
I am new here and few of my questions were answered so please pardon if my questions here are already answered in the pAst posts of others. I do not have all the time to read 129 pages to search for answers because I really need to apply right away.
PLEASE LEND ME YOUR TIME ;)

I'm kind of confused because when I created my personal document checklist, all I have to upload are the ffg:
1. Passport Id page and visa/stamp pages
2. Proof of medical exam
3. Digital photo

I have been reading posts that explanation letter, AOR and work permit were also needed? I have these docs on-hand but Is this really true in online plication? eventhough I was only asked to attached 3documents? Kindly enlighten me on this matter.

Thank you very much!

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
BOWP got approved today. No email confirmation yet, I just saw the update on MyCIC. I applied May 2.

^ There is a part there where you can upload a Letter of Explanation. Compile the letter, AOR and other documents in one PDF file then upload it there. That's what I did and got mine and my husband's approved.

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying CEC in 2 weeks and am now on implied status (named LMO in progress, submitted paper application for closed WP).

I wonder if my AOR comes earlier than LMO results, am I eligible for BOWP?

How long should I expect to receive an AOR?

Thank you very much.

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
I am not able to find "View documents" button after Uploading all the documents for BOWP . Not sure how to proceed further . Is anyone else facing the same issue ?

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
I tried with IE and Chrome ..both have same issue ..

I see following note. Not sure how others are proceeding .

**Due to technical difficulties, the "View Documents" button may not be available. We are working to resolve this issue.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
SHIRDISAI said:
I tried with IE and Chrome ..both have same issue ..

I see following note. Not sure how others are proceeding .

**Due to technical difficulties, the "View Documents" button may not be available. We are working to resolve this issue.
This function has never worked for me. I have never been able to find that button, but you also don't
need it. Upload the documents and submit your application, and you're all good.