+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

khossain

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hello dear mates,

I like to ask you few question, I hope some of you can guide me :)

I have two application in process, one under CEC and PNP. CEC might be rejected very soon and i got an email from CIC last week and they saying to provide any letter that can help to prove my NOC code and my manager denied that my job only limited to my position when i made a cover letter and used other NOC code.....

My work permit will be expired in september 4, 2014 and I am under LMO based work permit. I used to have Post graduate open work permit and it got expired in 2012 september, then i got an close work permit till september 2014.

Now, can you tell me when would be the best time to apply for BOWP? My current work permit will be expired on September 4, 2014. And which file number i should be using? As I m 50% sure my CEC will be rejected in 30 days. If I used PNP file number, then is it going to be a close work permit again? I really love to get an open work permit.

Thanks for your help!! Really appreciate it!!

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
horvathc said:
Hi,
I think all the answer you can find in the Operational Bulletin 485A: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob485A.asp

"Bridging Work Permits – Eligibility Parameters
To be eligible for a bridging WP, the following parameters must be met:
The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP."

So you have to wait until your WP's expiry date will be within 4 months.
And no, you do not need an LMO, as it is an Open Work Permit.

I hope it helps. ;)

Thank you so much for your reply. Is our PR application under CEC will be affected by the current issues of LMO? Bridging open work permit will not be affected for current issues also? Thanks for your reply in advance.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
milleth082002 said:
Thank you so much for your reply. Is our PR application under CEC will be affected by the current issues of LMO? Bridging open work permit will not be affected for current issues also? Thanks for your reply in advance.
Please rephrase your question, it doesn't make sense at all.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
iam_toby said:
Please rephrase your question, it doesn't make sense at

Is our PR under CEC will be affected by the current issues regarding suspension of LMO? I just worried because they might stop as well our PR application which is also on process now?
]

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
milleth082002 said:
Is our PR under CEC will be affected by the current issues regarding suspension of LMO? I just worried because they might stop as well our PR application which is also on process now?
What LMO issues are we talking about? I'm not aware of any issues regarding LMOs and appart from that
you do not need a LMO for a BOWP application.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
The suspension of LMOs for the food service industry does not affect the BOWP, which as an open permit does not require an LMO.

It does not affect PR applications either. Permanent residence applications don't require LMOs. Work permit applications do.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
iam_toby said:
What LMO issues are we talking about? I'm not aware of any issues regarding LMOs and appart from that
you do not need a LMO for a BOWP application.
I'm just worried because in Food service they already stop issuing LMO and not to renew any work permit soon to expire. I was thinking if im going to apply BOWP since im a Food Service supervisor will not be accepted.

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
LPS said:
The suspension of LMOs for the food service industry does not affect the BOWP, which as an open permit does not require an LMO.

It does not affect PR applications either. Permanent residence applications don't require LMOs. Work permit applications do.
Thanks Toby & LPS, now I'm more at peace with your reply that we can apply for BOWP and our PR CEC application will not be affected.

Thank you so much.

iheartsharks

Apr 30, 2014
hi everyone,

I'm afraid to even ask but is there a link to a website that puts all information and steps how to apply for the BOWP together (other than the gov website).

I don't want to read through the 128 pages of this thread, it would take forever and I need to know whether or not I will have to apply for a work permit ASIDE from applying for the BOWP??

because it says:

"To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:
•Currently be in Canada;
•Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
•Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit."

does this mean, I have to apply for an open work permit AND send out the cec application??

please help, thank you!!!

Ghagen

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received @ CIO, CEC: 30-09-2013/ PNP: 27-12-2013
Nomination.....
AINP NOMINATED- 09/10/2013
AOR Received.
CEC: 14-11-2013/ PNP: 04-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submit with application
Med's Request
04-02-2014 (PNP)
Med's Done....
08-02-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
08-12-2014
Hello Everyone,
I have a question, appreciated for your valuable answers. I applied BOWP in April 2, 2014 for me and for my wife by online. I got my BOWP approved already but my spouse application is still pending. Now question is she didn't complete her chest X-ray coz she is pregnant, She can't get her work permit before her X-ray?? Her work permit gonna expire by August 2 and due date is Sep 11. In case if she didn't get her work permit is there any rule for extend or renew her health card and SIN?? Thanks

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Canada, Alberta, Fort McMurray
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
None - Visa exempt country
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
iheartsharks said:
hi everyone,

I'm afraid to even ask but is there a link to a website that puts all information and steps how to apply for the BOWP together (other than the gov website).

I don't want to read through the 128 pages of this thread, it would take forever and I need to know whether or not I will have to apply for a work permit ASIDE from applying for the BOWP??

because it says:

"To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:
•Currently be in Canada;
•Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
•Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit."

does this mean, I have to apply for an open work permit AND send out the cec application??

please help, thank you!!!
Hi,
Actually if you apply for the BOWP - what is an open work permit - you will make this point, so just apply for the BOWP. ;) The best is to go and check your eligibility and make your own checklist so it'll tell you everything you should send / upload. The best and quickest way to apply online. ;)

swathi461

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014: APP. Received=22-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
Hi
I have a question?
Can we apply for OWP for Dependent based on BOWP of applicant?
Please Help me!

Thanks in Advance!

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
Ghagen said:
Hello Everyone,
I have a question, appreciated for your valuable answers. I applied BOWP in April 2, 2014 for me and for my wife by online. I got my BOWP approved already but my spouse application is still pending. Now question is she didn't complete her chest X-ray coz she is pregnant, She can't get her work permit before her X-ray?? Her work permit gonna expire by August 2 and due date is Sep 11. In case if she didn't get her work permit is there any rule for extend or renew her health card and SIN?? Thanks
Hi,
I've replied already in the other topic, check it out. ;)

horvathc

Star Member
Nov 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
16-04-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
23-08-2014
swathi461 said:
Hi
I have a question?
Can we apply for OWP for Dependent based on BOWP of applicant?
Please Help me!

Thanks in Advance!
Hi,
Do you mean a spouse? For a spouse yes you can. The best is to go online and check your eligibility, there if you answer all the questions then you'll have your answers. ;) Good luck!

swathi461

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014: APP. Received=22-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
waiting???
horvathc said:
Hi,
Do you mean a spouse? For a spouse yes you can. The best is to go online and check your eligibility, there if you answer all the questions then you'll have your answers. ;) Good luck!
Yes for Spose.Right now my spouse is on visitor visa.I want him to get owp with my Bowp.Is it possible
Moreover i am planning to apply for Bowp at the end of this month.So should i apply first then for my spouse or else can we apply both at a time.