28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
canadacolombo said:
I'm going to write this here in case anyone needs to do something similar in the future:

For "flagpoling" between Canada/U.S. we drove to the Peace Arch border crossing and parked in the BC Tourism Centre parking lot on the left hand side. We then walked by the Canadian Border Services building and confirmed that we could go on foot to "flagpole" on the U.S. side. We walked by the Peace Arch on a walkway on the left hand side and then the walkway goes by the U.S. Border Agency where there's a sign that says all pedestrians must check in at the port.

Inside the U.S. building there was a sign for pedestrians and luckily it was grouped in a line with Nexus card holders. It was therefore doubly useful that we chose to go by foot, rather than by car, since the traffic border wait time was about an hour and then the line-up for people inside the building coming by car was probably over an hour by my guess (Only two agents working for about 50 people in line).
In our line-up, however, we were called in about 15 minutes and it was not even an issue that my common-law spouse did not have a U.S. visa. We simply said that we were flagpoling and the officer asked my spouse a couple routine questions and gave her a piece of paper stating that she was refused entry to the U.S.

We then proceeded on foot on the same path we came from, passing the Peace Arch again, and then by the Canadian Border Service agent, who checked that piece of paper from the U.S. side, scanned passports, and asked routine questions. We were then directed into the building and there were no line-ups! An officer quickly grabbed my spouses passport and the two copies of Confirmation of Permanent Residence and called her in under 5 minutes to tell her that she was now landed and could apply for a SIN and MSP, and that her PR card would be mailed to her within 6 weeks.

The whole process took about an hour. This was a Monday at 11:00 am.

All the best to everyone following such a process. :D
Thanks for this info !!! Enjoy :)

Hey Huertdiaz, any news ?! No PPR?? 8)

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi SarahRuiz..

Nothing... nadita nadita ::)
It has been 6 weeks since the background check... you think any moment now?

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
06-03-2014 ( AOR from VO OFFICE )
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
:-\

I guess we are in the longest period of time where we won't hear much from our VO...

If it is not an email for an interview, it will be PPR so....If we get the PPR in the next few weeks, our process would have been :eek:

After ''in process'' I GUESS it is around 2-3 months....I seriously can NOT wait :p

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Hey guys! I am kind of old to this forum as i went through what all of you guys are going through now. My husband sponsored me and my process took exactly 11 months. I had a lets say a bit of a complicated case having to get an ARC and stuff but i didnt pay a lawyer or anything, my husband and i did all the paperwork. (No interview)

Anyways the reason i am here is because my husbands cousin is being sponsored by his wife, and they are paying a lawyer, which they have had quite issues with. They just received an email stating their application has been sent to bogota but that he doesnt have his medicals. The lawyer insists on waiting until they ask for them but they dont want to as it would just make the whole process longer, than if they do them now and avoid being asked for them. What do you guys think? And also has the whole medicals deal changed? I heard it was going to change to all it being electronic. They would be seeing a doctor in barranquilla, anyone has gotten them done there?

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Hello there :D

Thanks for your input! 11 months in total is gooood! Hope to have a speedy process too. My ECAS says ''in process'' since april 3rd so I hope i'll get PPR soon! Was ECAS good for you? When did you get '' In process'' ?

As for your questions, sending medicals at the same time as ALL the paperwork is VERY important. My husband did get his medicals done in Barranquilla also !!! With a doctor name Faraad something like that. They have a program in the doctor's office that is called E-MEDICALS and it sends to the VO the results automatically. The doctor will give a ''receipt''( one page paper ) and THIS is what needs to be sent with all the paperwork. This is probably why they are asking for it now because it is missing !!

Let me know !! ;D

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
I never relied on ECAS! A waste of time and hope! It went to in process when they asked for my passport :/

And thank you for your input! Their lawyer is not very helpful and i found that what helped us were the posts on this website. What paperwork did he take to the doctor in Barranquilla? I know his passport but since their paperwork are now in bogota would that mean that the doctor sends his reaults back here to canada or to bogota? Darnnnn lawyers are so un useful!!!

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Dani_y28 said:
I never relied on ECAS! A waste of time and hope! It went to in process when they asked for my passport :/

And thank you for your input! Their lawyer is not very helpful and i found that what helped us were the posts on this website. What paperwork did he take to the doctor in Barranquilla? I know his passport but since their paperwork are now in bogota would that mean that the doctor sends his reaults back here to canada or to bogota? Darnnnn lawyers are so un useful!!!
I know !! We have done our paperwork alone too. ;D My husband did bring with him his passport, his cedula ( ID from Colombia ) and 2 photos on a white fond. When you take the appointment, the secretary is very nice and tells you everything :)

I have been in process for a month now...This silence from VO is killing me lol. Hope we waived the interview by now....I just feel like emailing them every week so they get so annoyed with me that they'll request my husband's passport :p lol

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
lilops said:
Ya, I applied Nov13 2013. Last news I got from VO was telling me they received my Background Check and they are gonna call me for an interview in Bogota.

Id update you guys if I get any other email from them.
Lilops, hi !! :)

Any news ??

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi Sarah Ruiz!!!
Any news???? This is killing us.... :(
It's been more than 9 weeks since we sent the background check...
When are we going to have an update ?

Sago2305

May 14, 2014
Hi im new in the forum, we are in the same situation, this is our week 9 since we sent the background check and nothing happens, please if somebody knows something please share, we are almost crazy. :'(

queimmi

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Passport Req..
15-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2015
Hi Guys,

New to the forum as well. I sponsoring via outland my wife from Bogota. In the meantime she would like to come to Montreal with her TRV and study french. I have some questions maybe you can help me:

1. Does anybody know about a francisation place in Montreal that is not so expensive?
2. With the AOR can she apply to the government french classes? is the CSQ mandatory for the french classes?

I'd appreciate any help with this topic, thanks in advance,

regards!

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Sago2305 said:
Hi im new in the forum, we are in the same situation, this is our week 9 since we sent the background check and nothing happens, please if somebody knows something please share, we are almost crazy. :'(
Hi Sago2305,
Wecolme to the Bogota thread, could you please share your dates with us??
In our case, we applied on January 2014, and as I said, we are waiting anxiously for the VO after sending the background check on March 11.

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
queimmi said:
Hi Guys,

New to the forum as well. I sponsoring via outland my wife from Bogota. In the meantime she would like to come to Montreal with her TRV and study french. I have some questions maybe you can help me:

1. Does anybody know about a francisation place in Montreal that is not so expensive?
2. With the AOR can she apply to the government french classes? is the CSQ mandatory for the french classes?

I'd appreciate any help with this topic, thanks in advance,

regards!
Hi Queimmi,
Welcome to the BOGOTA thread, when did you apply? You are very fortunate to have your wife with you while you are waiting!
As per your questions, as far as I know, the “francisation” is all provided by the government, all others are French Courses unrelated to Immigration Quebec. I have heard that the best courses are provided by Universities. For this option, I believe she must have a particular immigration status in Quebec, and must likely a CSQ. There is also an online option called: “Francisation en Ligne”. For this one, she needs to have a CSQ, and she can take the course from any part in the world. There is also an agreement with the Alliance Française in Colombia. She can study there, and the government will refund up to CAD 1,500 from the courses when she arrives as a PR in QC. To be reimbursed from these courses she must hold a CSQ as well.
You can find all the information here:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/french-language/learning-quebec/index.html

https://www.francisationenligne.gouv.qc.ca/

http://www.alianzafrancesa.org.co/web/ciudad/bogota/aprendefrancesseccion/quebec

queimmi

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
Passport Req..
15-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2015
Thank you very much huerdiaz! We will try for now waiting for the CSQ and in the meantime taking some courses online

Sago2305

May 14, 2014
we apply for sponsor on january 17
i was approved on febraury 19
medicals on november 2013, they received by febraury but doesnt shows the exact date
they start to process on march 6
they request background check on march 6
we sent it on march 10
one more week and nothing happens, very sad :'(