Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Hahahaha Thanks !! No, MICC received my application yesturday....Maybe that's why!
Yes, I told my husband about the background check and he is going to do it this week! :)
You're application is still in progress ?? Seriously that is so COOL 8) I hope they way they are working right now continues because we are liking ittt hahaha!

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
yeah... still in process...
now is waiting time for a while...
now you have to watch for your credit card statement to see when they start working on your MICC application...
you should be receiving your CSQ in around 2 weeks... ::)

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
06-03-2014 ( AOR from VO OFFICE )
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
;D

Thank u ! I'll keep u posted ! Let me know about you too!

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Ay dios mio :'( VO of Bogota just sent me an email saying that they give me 60 days to sent them the CSQ !! I called MICC and they told me they do not send a copy of the CSQ to the VO in Bogota, they send a confirmation that they delivered one!!
You told me you did not send your CSQ by mail to Bogota right?

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi...
That is not bad news :). That probably happened because the VO hasn’t received any confirmation of your Undertaking approval from the MICC (as they just received your application on Tuesday). Maybe Bogota wants to start on your application right away, but can’t start without that approval. And it is true what the MICC said, they don’t send CSQ on your behalf, they just notify the VO that your undertaking agreement was approved. So you need to stay calm, and wait patiently for your CSQ, and do as they say.
In our case, they haven’t requested the CSQ, and not sure if they will. But it is very likely that they received the approval from MICC, and that was enough for them.
When the CSQ arrives remember to make a copy of all forms for you to keep, and to send the original copy marked with “3-IMMIGRATION- CANADA” to the VO.

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Hahahaha Thank you! You are right. I need to stay calm. ;D
I will wait for my CSQ patientlllyyyy ! I will send them what they need.
I wish I've done the CSQ before but I didn't know....
I really appreciate all of your help !

lilops

Jul 15, 2011
Monteria - Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
8-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
10-Sep-2013
Hellooooo,

Im new at this thread thank you huertdiaz for inviting me. So I got a message of the VO after i sent the deposit slip to th eamil you gave me and they confirmed me that they received my Background Verification, but they also said im gonna be called for an interview and they would contact me back with the date. Im a bit nervous, I hope they didnt red flagged my case coz my hubbie and I met online, he's Asian and 6 years older than me.

So im waiting for the date and hopefully everything will go alright at the interview.

Thanks again huertdiaz

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
lilops said:
Hellooooo,

Im new at this thread thank you huertdiaz for inviting me. So I got a message of the VO after i sent the deposit slip to th eamil you gave me and they confirmed me that they received my Background Verification, but they also said im gonna be called for an interview and they would contact me back with the date. Im a bit nervous, I hope they didnt red flagged my case coz my hubbie and I met online, he's Asian and 6 years older than me.

So im waiting for the date and hopefully everything will go alright at the interview.

Thanks again huertdiaz
Welcome Lilops !!! ;D
Don't worry about VO asking you for an interview. In my opinion, when there is real love, you don't need to be scared about them asking you questions :)It's all gonna be fine !!!!

For the background check, did they requested it to you via email before you sent them the receipt???

lilops

Jul 15, 2011
Monteria - Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Nov-2013
AOR Received.
8-Dec-2013
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
10-Sep-2013
No they didnt, actually i payed forehand because I read in the forums they ask for it after the interview and it last around 8 weeks. So i just thought it was a good idea to check my background before so it will make things faster.

Thank you so much for you encourage. It does scare me because i applied three time before, 2 for work visa and 1 for visitor and they where all denied :( (Before we got married), its just hard to be told you can not be with the person you love so much.

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Welcome Lilops to the thread hahaha!!!
We are very active!! ;)
Lets hope it all goes well... in the meantime CIC updated the Processing Times, and Bogota still has 15 months!! :(
This is not an average, it is for 80% of the cases... lets hope ours go faster...
As far as our general threads (January and November), they are pretty calmed... nothing seems to be happening for anybody, it makes it worst hahaha...
SarahRuiz, did you finally do the Background Check? You should send it with the CSQ they requested, at the same time. It would make sense.
If you need specific information regarding the CSQ and the formal communication received from the MICC at the time of undertaking approval, please let us know, as we have those letters and can give your details on what they say regarding sending the CSQ.

Please keep on writing.. it makes the waiting less dramatic...

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
HEY huertdiaz !!!

I was wondering about you yesterday :D Any news from Bogota since ???
Thanks for always wanting to helping me hahaha I don't know if you realized it yet but I am a bit of a stress ball 8) I didn't want to disturb you with my questions....So YES, my husband did go pay for the background check last friday !!! But he had a moto accident so he can't move for 1 week :'( I was freaking out...God I hate this distance so bad....Anyways....

They took my payment for my CSQ monday march 17th so I guess, I'll receive it soon !! I can't wait because VO Bogota has been requesting it since last week and I didn't want to add more weeks to my process but oh well :-( I didn't know I had to send the CSQ right when I got my SA. Bogota is SO fast !! ( I won't complain...!!! ) So yah, they did ask me a copy of my husband's CSQ. I don't know if they meant the CIC copy or a photocopy....I wish they are OK with a photocopy so I can send it to my husband through email so HE can send it to Bogota....If I send it from here ( canada ) It is VERY expensive and I'm a bit scared it gets losts.....What do you think? Is there a way they are gonna know is a photocopy I sent ???

As for the background check, I was waiting to send it like you send, at the same time as my CSQ....but I read in here that if you send in advance, some VO doesn't like that and puts more months to your process.....Gosh I am sooo nervous hahahaha I just want everything to be OK...and FAST ;D

You're so right...Let's keep on wrinting....it makes it more easy !!!! Take care and let me know about you !!

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
We don't have any news for now...
So sorry to hear about your husband, we hope he is ok.

In our opinion you have to send one of the original copies you will receive. (Take a photocopy first, just in case, but send the original)
I'm going to write what the MICC actually says, translated from french:

"We will transfer the information regarding the delivery of the CSQ to the VO in Bogota which is dealing with your case. However, some VOs require from sponsored person to provide a copy of the CSQ. You will find enclosed a second copy, see bottom of page: << 3 - IMMIGRATION CANADA >> to be deliver to the office concerned as necessary."

SarahRuiz

Star Member
Mar 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Yes he is better thank you :)

Did you send your background check BEFORE they requested it ?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Hello everyone!

I actually applied inland (March 13, my country of origin is Colombia) but I'm actually thinking applying in Bogota might have been faster. Let's race!

I haven't asked for the police records because I don't have the file number yet.

Good luck everyone!

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi Lellen!

Welcome, it is great to have more people here...
There is quit a discussion on Inland Vs Outland, but for now.. lets hope it is fast for everybody...

SarahRuiz said:
Yes he is better thank you :)

Did you send your background check BEFORE they requested it ?
No, we didn't send it BEFORE they requested it. We were going to, but we received the e-mail from the VO asking for the background check. You are still very doubtful, aren't you? :p

Do whatever you feel is best. In either case, they won't accept or reject your application because of the timing of the certificate, as long as you do it. So remain calm hahahaha