+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometrics

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey everyone. AOR 15 here. I requested my status via the web form and notes. Notes say that eligibility recommended pass and criminality in progress, security not started.

Biometrics were given OCT 23. Is it normal that it takes so long to get through criminality. According to notes, last update was in June.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys!

Sharing my dates here:

AOR - Aug 16, 2020
BIL - October 13, 2020
Call for SC - October 30, 2020
Biometrics Appt (earliest) - Nov 3, 2020
Biometrics updated - right away!

Location - Ottawa

On a separate note, does anyone know if Background check status ever changes for us CEC applicants? Mine is at IP2 since day one. It says "We are processing your Background Info and will contact if more info needed.

TIA

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I had kept my phone on loud all day (even at work, as much as I could without risking loosing my job) since day 1 in anticipation of receiving the call lol.

I think they make appointments by location, like for example the day I got the call, everyone else on the google sheet who got the call was from Ottawa. In small locations where there is less people maybe they group these locations together. These were my observation, obviously I could be 100% wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: seena and ibh

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hey guys!

Sharing my dates here:

AOR - Aug 16, 2020
BIL - October 13, 2020
Call for SC - October 30, 2020
Biometrics Appt (earliest) - Nov 3, 2020
Biometrics updated - right away!

Location - Ottawa

On a separate note, does anyone know if Background check status ever changes for us CEC applicants? Mine is at IP2 since day one. It says "We are processing your Background Info and will contact if more info needed.

TIA
By biometrics updated right away, is the biometrics number getting updated on the top right corner or your whole biometrics section also changing to "Biometrics completed on <date>".

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
I had kept my phone on loud all day (even at work, as much as I could without risking loosing my job) since day 1 in anticipation of receiving the call lol.

I think they make appointments by location, like for example the day I got the call, everyone else on the google sheet who got the call was from Ottawa. In small locations where there is less people maybe they group these locations together. These were my observation, obviously I could be 100% wrong.

Shar eus your detail - AOR/BIL/city

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
By biometrics updated right away, is the biometrics number getting updated on the top right corner or your whole biometrics section also changing to "Biometrics completed on <date>".
After completing my biometrics within 5 minutes I logged into my profile and saw "Your action is required" but when you go into your application it says under details "Biometrics Completed on <date>.

I logged in again on the same date after work in the evening at about 6:00 pm, "you action is required" had changed to "submitted" and the biometrics enrollment number and expired date had been updated - on the same day.

Reactions: jpshya

vince_thewang

Oct 5, 2020
Share my timeline again.
AOR: April 17, 2020
Police criminal check: May 4
MEP: June 9
RCMP: July 27
BIO: Oct. 19

Eligibility, Background, Security is under review. My application has not been updated after July.
I have seen some people already got COPR with similar timeline or even later AOR date.

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Share my timeline again.
AOR: April 17, 2020
Police criminal check: May 4
MEP: June 9
RCMP: July 27
BIO: Oct. 19

Eligibility, Background, Security is under review. My application has not been updated after July.
I have seen some people already got COPR with similar timeline or even later AOR date.
I have the same issue lol. AOR April 15, Last application update was in June

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
@vince_thewang & @Generosuboy

Get GCMC Notes and see what it says. Try to email the visa office. Maybe it would give you some insights of what is going on.

Did you guys see any changes to the background status throughout the process? Mine says "Processing will contact if more info needed since day one..."
Will it ever change?

(Sorry the non-bold function on the posts is not working for me for some reason. )

vince_thewang

Oct 5, 2020
@vince_thewang & @Generosuboy

Get GCMC Notes and see what it says. Try to email the visa office. Maybe it would give you some insights of what is going on.

Did you guys see any changes to the background status throughout the process? Mine says "Processing will contact if more info needed since day one..."
Will it ever change?

(Sorry the non-bold function on the posts is not working for me for some reason. )
I got the same msg. I ordered GCMS notes yesterday also called IRCC, an representative just confirmed all my documents were received and under review, be patient blah blah blah.