+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics - Poor Quality - GCMS Notes

canto

Jun 4, 2021
Hello, I went to my biometrics appointment today and the officer told me that they were poor so that IRCC probably contact me again to re do it, but my page (application) got update with the number of biometrics date and expiration. Does that means everything is ok? Or it doesn’t matter and they can ask me to re do it again ? I don’t want to wait more weeks in order to receive a re do it letter

AimHigh3110

Oct 11, 2019
Hello, I went to my biometrics appointment today and the officer told me that they were poor so that IRCC probably contact me again to re do it, but my page (application) got update with the number of biometrics date and expiration. Does that means everything is ok? Or it doesn’t matter and they can ask me to re do it again ? I don’t want to wait more weeks in order to receive a re do it letter

My spouse faced same problem.date and number will always get updated but after 1 or 2 days status will be updated if biometric is accepted or not. Depending on decision they might send repeat request.

In our case, Though biometric given 2nd time was not of good quality again, it was accpeted very next day as VFS put a note saying poor skin condition while collecting it.

So my suggestion would be to wait for repeat request letter or BVL.

canto

Jun 4, 2021
My spouse faced same problem.date and number will always get updated but after 1 or 2 days status will be updated if biometric is accepted or not. Depending on decision they might send repeat request.

In our case, Though biometric given 2nd time was not of good quality again, it was accpeted very next day as VFS put a note saying poor skin condition while collecting it.

So my suggestion would be to wait for repeat request letter or BVL.
Ohh thank you for you answer! So helpful!
Did you get an email when that happened? Or do I need to check my status constantly? Hopefully in 1 or 2 days as you said.. I was worried to wait weeks as the biometrics woman said.... also, a funny thing, she said I only had 3 tries and one of my friends told me she stayed at Canada service until the biometrics were ok, that way she doesn’t need to come back, she tried for so long and I was told that I couldn’t try again.

AimHigh3110

Oct 11, 2019
Ohh thank you for you answer! So helpful!
Did you get an email when that happened? Or do I need to check my status constantly? Hopefully in 1 or 2 days as you said.. I was worried to wait weeks as the biometrics woman said.... also, a funny thing, she said I only had 3 tries and one of my friends told me she stayed at Canada service until the biometrics were ok, that way she doesn’t need to come back, she tried for so long and I was told that I couldn’t try again.

Sorry, for the confusion, what meant is if accepted it will upadated in 2 days but if it is of poor quality ircc might take some time to decide if to give repeat request or to accept the biometric as is. In any case they communicate. You will receive email too. The only option is to wait.

Yes, in one appointment only 3 captures are allowed.

canto

Jun 4, 2021
Sorry, for the confusion, what meant is if accepted it will upadated in 2 days but if it is of poor quality ircc might take some time to decide if to give repeat request or to accept the biometric as is. In any case they communicate. You will receive email too. The only option is to wait.

Yes, in one appointment only 3 captures are allowed.
Ahh ok... thank you very much for the explanation! :)

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Hey guys. I have this same experience.
1st BIL Mar 11- enrolment was Mar 16
2nd BIL July 18- due to poor quality as per gcms notes. But my 2nd appointment, officer could not get a good scan on my left. My hand was kinda tired and it may have caused the uneven scan. Anyway, we had like several attempts but he wasn’t that satisfied and wished me good luck. I don’t know what comments he wrote. I saw the new enrolment date on my profile but the status went back to: “We do not need your fingerprints…” I requested another gcms notes. I hope there’s another way to find out if the 2nd passed or not.

KinjalPandya

Aug 10, 2017
Hi. I was able to resubmit my biometrics using the old letter.

Hello,
I have the same issue. I got AOR in Jan 17, 2022 and should have got ECOPR by now. However I ordered, gcms notes and found out that my application is on hold due to poor quality fingerprints. Can i also go to service canada and give the biometrics again. Everything else is passed only criminality is in progress. Please suggest.

KinjalPandya

Aug 10, 2017
Hello all,
My PR application is on hold since feb 26, 2022. I received GCMS notes on May 17, 2022 and found out that my biometrics are of poor quality. I got connected with agent today and she told me that if IRCC needs another biometrics, they will contact me. I only have to wait as of now. Only criminality left in processing. Everything else is passes. Am worried now. it should not take this long. Will my PR application be rejected because of this?

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Hello all,
My PR application is on hold since feb 26, 2022. I received GCMS notes on May 17, 2022 and found out that my biometrics are of poor quality. I got connected with agent today and she told me that if IRCC needs another biometrics, they will contact me. I only have to wait as of now. Only criminality left in processing. Everything else is passes. Am worried now. it should not take this long. Will my PR application be rejected because of this?
Did you finally get this resolved? What happened to your biometrics issue?

kkincanada

Star Member
Nov 10, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
19-09-2023
AOR Received.
12-10-2023
Yes, i saw it. I just went to SC and provided biometrics and told the administrator afterwards.
I hope that by now you must be a successful PR.:)

Can you please update me on what actually happened with your Biometrics scenario?

Nov 23, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Arrima
AOR Received.
12 janvier 2023
Med's Done....
21 mars 2023
Thanks for the tip, I was able to resubmit my biometrics again. Sadly, the biometrics staff informed me that the biometrics is still not in the best quality, but she said she will leave a note to IRCC saying this is the second time I had my biometrics. To be honest, I don't know what to do anymore.

Nov 23, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Arrima
AOR Received.
12 janvier 2023
Med's Done....
21 mars 2023
hello sir,
I am asking the same qusetion please because i have the same issue that have poor quality finger print in my gcms notre, i have wait for 9 month after VMF;
Can we resubmit our biometrics using the old instruction letter? it works?
Or i should wait for agent instruction ?
PLZ REPLY ME.

Nov 23, 2023
Algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
Arrima
AOR Received.
12 janvier 2023