+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics - Poor Quality - GCMS Notes

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
In a group chat, a person said her friend didnt see Biometrics completed on xx date after they submitted their biometrics, and after the online appointment system became back online, they made an appointment and re-submitted the biometrics
Okay, maybe I’ll try. There’s a nearby SC in our area, so hopefully it will work out.

Reactions: philantrhtopist

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
In a group chat, a person said her friend didnt see Biometrics completed on xx date after they submitted their biometrics, and after the online appointment system became back online, they made an appointment and re-submitted the biometrics
Thanks for the tip, I was able to resubmit my biometrics again. Sadly, the biometrics staff informed me that the biometrics is still not in the best quality, but she said she will leave a note to IRCC saying this is the second time I had my biometrics. To be honest, I don't know what to do anymore.

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for the tip, I was able to resubmit my biometrics again. Sadly, the biometrics staff informed me that the biometrics is still not in the best quality, but she said she will leave a note to IRCC saying this is the second time I had my biometrics. To be honest, I don't know what to do anymore.
Maybe order a new set of GCMS, when my wife did her fingerprints, she had a hard time and the officer said it's not good but in GCMS there's no note for poor quality. From the note, I see she did have biometrics-based RCMP and FBI info sharing sent back from RCMP and FBI to IRCC though. So I guess her biometrics should be good enough to perform the search. So you will know more when the GCMS comes.

Reactions: philantrhtopist

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
The skin on our fingers get dry and had cracks because of the hand sanitizer and the frequent hand wash that we did to clean up because of (COVID). Now when they take the biometrics, it might not be the optimum picture for the fingers to go through the digital system of searching criminals fingerprints network sharing data. However, the scan of the fingers are there and they can check manually if they want!!. Anyway, they will use your biometric unless they ask you to re do it. Meanwhile it might take longer time because they will do assessment for it.

SVW_87

May 22, 2019
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. My partner is having the same issue with biometrics. The VAC officer told him that the prints are not clear. This was back in December 2020. Then he got a request again in Jan to resubmit the biometrics but he had the same issue again. Since then, there has been no update at all. Called IRCC and they said that we need to wait for an update from the visa officer. He also raised a webform and included a doctor's note stating that the issue could be due to the skin on his hands.

He has applied for a study permit and received an AIP 10 days back. The call center agent has asked him to wait now. The webform was also acknowledged.

Did anyone receive an update at all after this ?

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
The skin on our fingers get dry and had cracks because of the hand sanitizer and the frequent hand wash that we did to clean up because of (COVID). Now when they take the biometrics, it might not be the optimum picture for the fingers to go through the digital system of searching criminals fingerprints network sharing data. However, the scan of the fingers are there and they can check manually if they want!!. Anyway, they will use your biometric unless they ask you to re do it. Meanwhile it might take longer time because they will do assessment for it.
Yeah, but it's unfair because a lot of other applications are getting processed but applicants between Jan to April are stuck.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi guys. Hope you are all doing well. My partner is having the same issue with biometrics. The VAC officer told him that the prints are not clear. This was back in December 2020. Then he got a request again in Jan to resubmit the biometrics but he had the same issue again. Since then, there has been no update at all. Called IRCC and they said that we need to wait for an update from the visa officer. He also raised a webform and included a doctor's note stating that the issue could be due to the skin on his hands.

He has applied for a study permit and received an AIP 10 days back. The call center agent has asked him to wait now. The webform was also acknowledged.

Did anyone receive an update at all after this ?
Sadly, no update yet.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I have a good news for u, my friend who has poor quality on her GCMS has gotten her criminality passed.. So you should be alright
What a relief? Can you remind me if your friend had his/her biometrics re-taken? and what's his/her timeline again? :(

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
What a relief? Can you remind me if your friend had his/her biometrics re-taken? and what's his/her timeline again? :(
This is a different friend lol. She didn't re-do her biometrics, actually, she scheduled to re-do and called IRCC 1 day before the schedule and learnt that her criminality has been passed, so she cancelled her appoinment.. Her AOR is mid-July, Bios done in mid-Oct, and All passed late Jan or early Feb.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
This is a different friend lol. She didn't re-do her biometrics, actually, she scheduled to re-do and called IRCC 1 day before the schedule and learnt that her criminality has been passed, so she cancelled her appoinment.. Her AOR is mid-July, Bios done in mid-Oct, and All passed late Jan or early Feb.
I see. Well, your friend is lucky. I think IRCC does not prioritize applications from the 1st quarter of 2020 anymore. For them, it's just a backlog and just want to process recent applications. :( Hoping to get a good news soon.

In the meantime, I also applied for bridging work permit, and within 3 days, I received an update saying I can continue to work until the final result of application is provided.

jungu

Dec 8, 2020
Hi. I was able to resubmit my biometrics using the old letter.
Hi there, I'm in the same situation and considering to schedule a appointment w my old bio collection letter. Before you resubmit your bio, did you see your bio details showing under your applicant information (right hand side on your page)? When you revisit, can SC tell you have already submit your bio once? Thank you! And wish you the best of luck!

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi there, I'm in the same situation and considering to schedule a appointment w my old bio collection letter. Before you resubmit your bio, did you see your bio details showing under your applicant information (right hand side on your page)? When you revisit, can SC tell you have already submit your bio once? Thank you! And wish you the best of luck!
Yes, i saw it. I just went to SC and provided biometrics and told the administrator afterwards.