+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics - Poor Quality - GCMS Notes

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi.

Per the GCMS notes, the biometrics I had was in poor quality. The officer handling my case has not contacted me yet if they want the biometrics to be re-done or not. Did anyone had a similar experience? I spoke with an agent today, and she informed me that everything else is passed except criminality...

dishpan142

Sep 2, 2020
Hello, I am going through the same thing. I am study permit applicant. Did you get any updates in your application since? Also, when had you given your biometrics for the first time?

jungu

Dec 8, 2020
I have the same issue, I gave my biometrics on mid October, and there is no update/follow up regarding this, hope someone had the same experience could give us some insights.

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I have found the same thing on my GCMS notes, which said my biometrics is of poor quality as well. Will I be asked to give the biometrics again?

dishpan142

Sep 2, 2020
I had the same experience, I did not receive any updates from IRCC in spite of several efforts to reach out. In the end, I went ahead and gave my biometrics again at the VFS. This time it got updated the very next day.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I had the same experience, I did not receive any updates from IRCC in spite of several efforts to reach out. In the end, I went ahead and gave my biometrics again at the VFS. This time it got updated the very next day.
Are you inland or outland applicant? I would want to re-submit my biometrics, but they might require us to have a letter of instructions. :(

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Are you inland or outland applicant? I would want to re-submit my biometrics, but they might require us to have a letter of instructions. :(
Hi, can you please check the BIOMETRICS session under your client details. See below, if in the info field, its Received - NRT, that probably means your fingerprints are good enough to perform the RCMP check.

BIOMETRICS
IRCC #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Assessment: Complete
Other Description:
Info: Received - NRT
Review:

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi, can you please check the BIOMETRICS session under your client details. See below, if in the info field, its Received - NRT, that probably means your fingerprints are good enough to perform the RCMP check.

BIOMETRICS
IRCC #: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Assessment: Complete
Other Description:
Info: Received - NRT
Review:
Hi. No information such as received. My biometrics section only provided the enrolment date and validity date.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi. No information such as received. My biometrics section only provided the enrolment date and validity date.
No problem. It says assessment required, and info: in progress. I looked further below, and the status of biometrics is poor quality.

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
No problem. It says assessment required, and info: in progress. I looked further below, and the status of biometrics is poor quality.
oh okay, then maybe they haven't sent your reports back as of the date that GCMS was generated. But I heard someone went to SC to re-do their bio and just brought the old letter. So if you would like, you could give it a try. Meanwhile, you can request a new GCMS to see if there is any updates in that section.

Maikeerang

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
oh okay, then maybe they haven't sent your reports back as of the date that GCMS was generated. But I heard someone went to SC to re-do their bio and just brought the old letter. So if you would like, you could give it a try.
Really?. Whenever I speak to an agent, he or she would just say “wait” for the officer’s instructions. Where have you read or heard this information?

Reactions: dgeorge

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Really?. Whenever I speak to an agent, he or she would just say “wait” for the officer’s instructions. Where have you read or heard this information?
In a group chat, a person said her friend didnt see Biometrics completed on xx date after they submitted their biometrics, and after the online appointment system became back online, they made an appointment and re-submitted the biometrics

TopGainer

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Can we resubmit our biometrics using the old instruction letter?
Have you checked the BIOMETRICS section under Client details? If you have something like i posted above, you should be good. Have no idea if we could re-submit with the old letter, but that person has done it and succeeded, so worth a try :)