+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics instruction letter not received

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys, so the update to my Mum's Biometrics Instruction Letter which has not showed yet & its been 17 days since the submission confirmation. Ive sent an enquiry request asking about the (BIL) and got no reply. Ive also called the IRCC number here in canada and the agent checked where the application is at the moment & that its in Ankara processing centre & they are the ones who should send the BIL. Theres nothing she can do to help me. And when i told her Ive filled the webform and she said it might take 4 weeks to get back to me on that!
Seriously I have applied to all kinds of tourist visas in my life, name it & this is by far the worst inconsistent system Ive seen!

Does anyone have any similar cases to this?

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hey guys, so the update to my Mum's Biometrics Instruction Letter which has not showed yet & its been 17 days since the submission confirmation. Ive sent an enquiry request asking about the (BIL) and got no reply. Ive also called the IRCC number here in canada and the agent checked where the application is at the moment & that its in Ankara processing centre & they are the ones who should send the BIL. Theres nothing she can do to help me. And when i told her Ive filled the webform and she said it might take 4 weeks to get back to me on that!
Seriously I have applied to all kinds of tourist visas in my life, name it & this is by far the worst inconsistent system Ive seen!

Does anyone have any similar cases to this?
Delays are expected during summer time, that's what I was told. Send your enquiry as there's nothing else you can do.

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Hi
Have you received BIL? If so after how many days? I am AOR 8th Aug and haven't received any update since then.
Yes Ive emailed a case specific enquiry through IRCC website asking where is the Biometric Letter. Got a reply from Cairo immigration that the processing is in Ankara immigration office & they will forward it to them. The next day i received an email from Ankara that i need to pay the biometrics fee 85$ online & send them the receipt ASAP. I did that & after 48 hrs i got the biometrics letter.
What is strange is that whilst submitting the application & paying the application fee of 100$ there was no add on for 85$ for the biometrics.

Trishona

Sep 1, 2018
Yes Ive emailed a case specific enquiry through IRCC website asking where is the Biometric Letter. Got a reply from Cairo immigration that the processing is in Ankara immigration office & they will forward it to them. The next day i received an email from Ankara that i need to pay the biometrics fee 85$ online & send them the receipt ASAP. I did that & after 48 hrs i got the biometrics letter.
What is strange is that whilst submitting the application & paying the application fee of 100$ there was no add on for 85$ for the biometrics.
I think you applied for visit visa. I have applied for PR. I have paid the fees at the time of application submission. I am not sure should I send any queries or not. They said they will not reply to any queries within normal time limit, which is 6 months from AOR. Its been 30 days. So frustrating!

sinimind

Sep 7, 2018
How long did it take between you submitting the web form to ask about the BIL and getting a reply from Cairo/Ankara?
I'm in the same situation as you, I wasn't asked to pay the biometrics fee when submitting my application either. And although I paid it 2 weeks ago now and sent them the receipt, I still haven't received the BIL.

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
How long did it take between you submitting the web form to ask about the BIL and getting a reply from Cairo/Ankara?
I'm in the same situation as you, I wasn't asked to pay the biometrics fee when submitting my application either. And although I paid it 2 weeks ago now and sent them the receipt, I still haven't received the BIL.
I received the BIL 48 hrs after sending them the receipt. Have u sent the receipt to the ANKARA IMMIGRATION reply back email?

sinimind

Sep 7, 2018
Wow that's good. I am with the Vienna office and they have forwarded my case to the CPC Vegreville in Canada. Unfortunately they don't seem to process as quick as the Ankara office, it has been more than 2 weeks for me :(

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Wow that's good. I am with the Vienna office and they have forwarded my case to the CPC Vegreville in Canada. Unfortunately they don't seem to process as quick as the Ankara office, it has been more than 2 weeks for me :(
This is a Temporary Tourist VISA?
Cause all processing should be outside Canada if you are physically outside Canada.
But I must admit this is by far the worst visa process I’ve ever seen.

sinimind

Sep 7, 2018
This is a Temporary Tourist VISA?
Cause all processing should be outside Canada if you are physically outside Canada.
But I must admit this is by far the worst visa process I’ve ever seen.
It's for a study permit, so also a temporary visa. You are correct, it should be processed outside of Canada. But Vienna has informed me that it is now being processed in Canada.
Absolutely agree, it's the worst system I've ever encountered. And the whole delay is only due to an error on their part when submitting the application, not even our fault. It is actually ruining my life, or at least my next few years, since I am losing my spot at the University of Toronto.

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
It's for a study permit, so also a temporary visa. You are correct, it should be processed outside of Canada. But Vienna has informed me that it is now being processed in Canada.
Absolutely agree, it's the worst system I've ever encountered. And the whole delay is only due to an error on their part when submitting the application, not even our fault. It is actually ruining my life, or at least my next few years, since I am losing my spot at the University of Toronto.
Oh my! That must be horrible! Isn’t there anyway to file a complaint that u are being held up and missing out on studies because of an error on their behalf??? Or some kind of urgency request. I know these things exist as we had a study permit delayed for the UK years ago. It was past the first week of college.

sinimind

Sep 7, 2018
Oh my! That must be horrible! Isn’t there anyway to file a complaint that u are being held up and missing out on studies because of an error on their behalf??? Or some kind of urgency request. I know these things exist as we had a study permit delayed for the UK years ago. It was past the first week of college.
All I can do is submit Case Specific Enquiries and explain the urgency of my situation, but unfortunately they happily ignore those. I guess the UK visa system is a bit better thought-out than the Canadian one! I'm gonna contact the MP in Toronto in the hope that he is in a position and willing to help me, fingers crossed!

Vardgevg1

Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys,

Can anyone advise me on the following situation?

My status is:

Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details., But I haven't receive any message. I have reported technical issue, but again there is no response. Does anyone have the same situation? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

sinimind

Sep 7, 2018
Hey, I did that too, but I'm not sure whether it helped anything. Try contacting your embassy through whatever they ways of contacting they have, phone, email, CSE...

travelo_freak

Nov 1, 2018
..to all those awaiting tirelessly for a BIL, it will definitely come. These days, there has been a significant delay with the online application.

If the time of expecting your biometric has exceeded a duration of 1-7 working days, please send a CSE to them with a title as URGENT before stating the main title
What is a CSE ? And after how many days do we get invited for biometrics once we submit the pr application online?