Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hello there,

My application was submitted on July 5th and I still haven't received my BIL. It's frustrating!! I contacted the law firm working on my case and they'll be submitting a case inquiry soon. Hopefully, I'll get it soon!
I applied on 27 june online. Haven't received BIL so far. Worried

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
..to all those awaiting tirelessly for a BIL, it will definitely come. These days, there has been a significant delay with the online application.

If the time of expecting your biometric has exceeded a duration of 1-7 working days, please send a CSE to them with a title as URGENT before stating the main title

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
..to all those awaiting tirelessly for a BIL, it will definitely come. These days, there has been a significant delay with the online application.

If the time of expecting your biometric has exceeded a duration of 1-7 working days, please send a CSE to them with a title as URGENT before stating the main title
Hello, I checked my application status online and it said they don't need my fingerprints but if anything changes they'll let me know. Does that mean that they won't request biometrics?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello, I checked my application status online and it said they don't need my fingerprints but if anything changes they'll let me know. Does that mean that they won't request biometrics?
check on CIC website to see if your country is among the biometrics exempt country as some countries don't need it but most other countries in Europe and Africa do

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
check on CIC website to see if your country is among the biometrics exempt country as some countries don't need it but most other countries in Europe and Africa do
Citizens from my country are required to give biometrics that's why I was surprised. My application is at the background check stage right now. Maybe the fact that I live in the US makes it different. I have no idea how this works.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Citizens from my country are required to give biometrics that's why I was surprised. My application is at the background check stage right now. Maybe the fact that I live in the US makes it different. I have no idea how this works.
No worries, its a primary or traditional way the info display on cic online account. This is not to say they don't need your biometrics but it indirectly says when they need it they will notify you. Many people are in same boat as you, you will get a message soon but if after 72hrs you don't get a biometrics message, send them a webform or email as urgent as additional title following the main title

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
No worries, its a primary or traditional way the info display on cic online account. This is not to say they don't need your biometrics but it indirectly says when they need it they will notify you. Many people are in same boat as you, you will get a message soon but if after 72hrs you don't get a biometrics message, send them a webform or email as urgent as additional title following the main title
My application was submitted 10 days ago and no biometrics letter yet. I am TERRIFIED! I contacted my lawyer so that she sends them an email but I don't know if she's done it or not yet.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hi i have a question. My law firm only paid application processing fee only at the time of submitting application online on 25th june. Since then they have not received any update. May be it is because of they did not pay biometric fee of 85$ at the time of submission. Please need your advice

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
My application was submitted 10 days ago and no biometrics letter yet. I am TERRIFIED! I contacted my lawyer so that she sends them an email but I don't know if she's done it or not yet.
Did your lawyer paid the biometrics fee already ?? Because i am having the same case its been 19 days and no letter

engrsaadzahid

May 8, 2018
Hello there,

My application was submitted on July 5th and I still haven't received my BIL. It's frustrating!! I contacted the law firm working on my case and they'll be submitting a case inquiry soon. Hopefully, I'll get it soon!
From which country do you belong? Sometime BIL takes more than 10 days .. You would have received your BIL uptill now .

Reactions: Narimane

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
From which country do you belong? Sometime BIL takes more than 10 days .. You would have received your BIL uptill now .
I just received it yesterday (13 calendar days after submission)! My appointment is in 14 days which means my application will start being processed after two weeks. The whole process is sooo long!

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Hello all,
I reside in canada with my husband & kids, we have been here for 15 months.
We are from Egypt. I have applied for my Mum as a visitor Visa online on Aug 5th. Added all the documents & return ticket for 5 week stay also her bank statements which have some bonds in USD. Also she has 5 schengen visas, a valid UK 10 year visa & an expired US visa on her travel history. Invitation letter and all, paid online. Got a submission confirmation update with UCI & Application number on August 5th.
On August 10th Ive realized that the travel history pdf & Passport pdf which i have uploaded are very pixelated due to downsizing them :( So I called IRCC, explained what happened and they sent me a link to attach the proper downsized Documents & add in the box to "Please upload this additional document and attach it to my application"
Did that slow down the process???
I am waiting for a biometric request letter which she needs to go to the visa office in Egypt to submit her biometrics. The processing time is 29 days. It says I should receive the biometric request after 24 hrs of submitting the online application. Yet nothing is happening. She is due to fly on Oct 1st and I'm starting to get worried now that there would be delays.
TIA

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
Hello all,
I reside in canada with my husband & kids, we have been here for 15 months.
We are from Egypt. I have applied for my Mum as a visitor Visa online on Aug 5th. Added all the documents & return ticket for 5 week stay also her bank statements which have some bonds in USD. Also she has 5 schengen visas, a valid UK 10 year visa & an expired US visa on her travel history. Invitation letter and all, paid online. Got a submission confirmation update with UCI & Application number on August 5th.
On August 10th Ive realized that the travel history pdf & Passport pdf which i have uploaded are very pixelated due to downsizing them :( So I called IRCC, explained what happened and they sent me a link to attach the proper downsized Documents & add in the box to "Please upload this additional document and attach it to my application"
Did that slow down the process???
I am waiting for a biometric request letter which she needs to go to the visa office in Egypt to submit her biometrics. The processing time is 29 days. It says I should receive the biometric request after 24 hrs of submitting the online application. Yet nothing is happening. She is due to fly on Oct 1st and I'm starting to get worried now that there would be delays.
TIA
Hello Amy,

I received my Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) 12 days after my application's submission. I don't think the additional documents delayed anything as the BIL is supposed to be automatically generated and your application processing doesn't start till your mom givers her biometrics. Uploading the right documents will help you avoid any future delays. I recommend you to send an enquiry to request your BIL. Here's the link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I hope you get it soon! Good luck!

Amy83

Aug 14, 2018
Hello Amy,

I received my Biometrics Instruction Letter (BIL) 12 days after my application's submission. I don't think the additional documents delayed anything as the BIL is supposed to be automatically generated and your application processing doesn't start till your mom givers her biometrics. Uploading the right documents will help you avoid any future delays. I recommend you to send an enquiry to request your BIL. Here's the link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I hope you get it soon! Good luck!
I hope so too, thank u