+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BINGO!!!!! I got work permit stapled to my passport along with study permit!!!!

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
Hello guys!!!!
I would like to share my situation with you as I have seen or heard same situation on this forum( I might have missed although).
Upon arrival in Canada, while immigration process I got two page stapled to my passport with heading of STUDY PERMIT and WORK PERMIT RESPECTIVELY.
Now I don't know what does it mean( I mean I know that it's a work permit but is it possible?)
I have heard that some guys get their study permit stapled to their passport with name of institute on it but never heard work permit attached to it.
The work permit stats:

Case type. : **(two digit number)
Travel document : passport. K *******(passport number)
Bonded : no
Employer : (blank)
Emp loc(I think it's employer location) : unknown
Fee status : fpa
Conditions : 1)unless authorised prohibited from attending any educational institution and taking any academic , professional or vocational training course.
2)must leave canada by ******** (it's a date. Same as my study permit expires).
3) not authorised to work in
a) child care
b) primary or secondary school teaching
C) health service field occupations.

And has my personal details in a box on right side and written line at bottom : " this does not authorise re-entery.

Does it mean that I can work officially?
How does official work permission look like while we are on student visa?
Help me out seniors and experts....

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
@ sabby2612
I don't think so dear. It's a certificate course... Dental assistant. 1 year course...
which college is it from? let me check it for u...

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
It looks like this....
http://theregin
Replace every - with .
Saw it, but I advise you to delete this post and do not share such personal info in the open forums.

I was under the assumption that you are from Asia pacific region. Anyway which college is it for?

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
@ sabby2612 : I am sorry that I cannot provide my institute name. I would like to keep it confidential.
Hope you understand. Anyway how can institute be related to the situation?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
@ sabby2612 : I am sorry that I cannot provide my institute name. I would like to keep it confidential.
that's only to find out if you have co-op term in it. And it's alright for not sharing college name. Anyway you have got it all, so welcome to Canada and wish you all the success here.

Just one thing, that work permit you uploaded was it yours or somebody's else? irrespective of the fact it's yours or not, please modify that post and delete the link. It contains personal info and shouldn't be in the open forums.

Cheers!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Dr.Patel said:
check ur course if its not co op and if ur not supposed to get a work permit and it was an error then it is a good idea to contact CIC and explain the situation and if asked return the work permit. This work permit may cause problems for u in the future if not now.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
@sabby2612: thank you very much. it's Durham college. A friend of mine, in the same course, got nothing stapeled to passport, not even study permit.I know that some students get study permit attached to the passport.

@mead: thank you very much for providing such a valuable advice. I will consider contacting CIC.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
@sabby2612 @mead : does co-op mean public institute? I know that Durham college is a public institute.
Help me out guys. Can I do work on the basis of this permit or should I consult with CIC REGARDING THE SAME?

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
A co-op program includes both academic and work semesters. In the work semester, you can work in a field related to your program and studies granted that your co-op work permit is approved.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
SSHanna said:
A co-op program includes both academic and work semesters. In the work semester, you can work in a field related to your program and studies granted that your co-op work permit is approved.
Thank you SSHanna for information.
Follow are the facts provided in my course description:
A field placement component will give you an opportunity to gain insight and/or experience in a general, specialty or community dentistry setting and through the college’s Dental Clinic.

Please guide me whether my course is co-op or not?

SSHanna

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Band
Med's Request
Not required
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Already submitted along with the file
VISA ISSUED...
in July 2013
LANDED..........
January 2014
I think that means your program is co-op. Can you show me the link to your program?

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
SSHanna said:
I think that means your program is co-op. Can you show me the link to your program?
Here is the link for my program
http://www.durhamcollege.ca/programs/dental-assisting-levels-i-and-ii#program_description

It's dental assisting at Durham college.