+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BINGO!!!!! I got work permit stapled to my passport along with study permit!!!!

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Patel said:
Here is the link for my program
http://www.durhamcollege.ca/programs/dental-assisting-levels-i-and-ii#program_description

It's dental assisting at Durham college.
it's not a co-op program. Don't be confused by pre-placement. It's about helping you with placement once you complete the program.

Now as you have work permit issued, doesn't mean you can work. To work legally, one needs to apply for SIN and have to receive ENS from college which is after successful completion of six months of actual study (one semester actually). Hence, work permit being issued doesn't mean one can start working.

Although effective january 2014, there is no proposed change in OCWP functioning which no one can yet comment as it is not into effect at the moment.

I would say talking to CIC about it will give you better clarity on this.

Dr.Patel

Apr 23, 2013
sabby2612 said:
it's not a co-op program. Don't be confused by pre-placement. It's about helping you with placement once you complete the program.

Now as you have work permit issued, doesn't mean you can work. To work legally, one needs to apply for SIN and have to receive ENS from college which is after successful completion of six months of actual study (one semester actually). Hence, work permit being issued doesn't mean one can start working.

Although effective january 2014, there is no proposed change in OCWP functioning which no one can yet comment as it is not into effect at the moment.

I would say talking to CIC about it will give you better clarity on this.
Thank you very much sabby2612. Based upon advices from the guys around here I have decided to talk with the staff at international student section wether i require any kind of work permit for course( which i think i dont need one) and then planning to visit CIC office clarify and if needed then will return the work permit.

Once again, thank you everyone for helping me out

I'll post here about future steps and outcome here.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Dr.Patel said:
Thank you very much sabby2612. Based upon advices from the guys around here I have decided to talk with the staff at international student section wether i require any kind of work permit for course( which i think i dont need one) and then planning to visit CIC office clarify and if needed then will return the work permit.

Once again, thank you everyone for helping me out

I'll post here about future steps and outcome here.
thats the right decision......better to be safe than sorry

rminhaz

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Jeddah
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/10/2013
It states on the link that " Working interdependently and collaboratively with health-care professionals", I assume that is why they gave you the work permit, as I am sure part of your courses consists of getting experience with professionals.