Bill C-6: Senate stage

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know why the libs are changing this

"(3.1) Subsections 3(2) to (4), subsections 4(1) and (3) and section 5.1 come into force one year after the day on which this Act receives royal assent or on any earlier day or days that may be fixed by order of the Governor in Council."

into this

"proposes that amendment 8 be amended by replacing all the words after “(3.1) Subsections” with the following words “3(2) and (3) and 4(1) and (3) and section 5.1 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.”. " ?

After reading this thread, I was under the impression that they would implement C-6 asap... but now they want to remove the "deadline" for implementation of at least parts of the bill... Is it safe to assume that they have no plans on implementing the mentioned parts of the bill in the next 12 months? If so, what about other parts of the bill? Have we heard anything concrete from the government about that?

alimsn

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated Schedule A Request 17/3/2015
Nomination.....
PER 11/12/2014
AOR Received.
2nd Line Update 10-MAR-2015-Started Processing
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-07-2015, submitted 23-7-2015-Riyadh
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2015
LANDED..........
21-09-2015
Can they debate and vote on the same day?

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Seriously once the bill is passed all of avid readers, commentators, analysts and speculators on this discussion will become redundant.

iboua001

May 22, 2013
Does anyone know why the libs are changing this

"(3.1) Subsections 3(2) to (4), subsections 4(1) and (3) and section 5.1 come into force one year after the day on which this Act receives royal assent or on any earlier day or days that may be fixed by order of the Governor in Council."

into this

"proposes that amendment 8 be amended by replacing all the words after “(3.1) Subsections” with the following words “3(2) and (3) and 4(1) and (3) and section 5.1 come into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council.”. " ?

After reading this thread, I was under the impression that they would implement C-6 asap... but now they want to remove the "deadline" for implementation of at least parts of the bill... Is it safe to assume that they have no plans on implementing the mentioned parts of the bill in the next 12 months? If so, what about other parts of the bill? Have we heard anything concrete from the government about that?
That's good, I don't think they want to wait for a year after the Royal Assent, so they want the flexibility to implement it sooner.

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Seriously once the bill is passed all of avid readers, commentators, analysts and speculators on this discussion will become redundant.
True. However, this forum will also be useful to track how quickly our citizenship applications are processed once C-6 is implemented. A lot of concerns have been expressed about the initial sudden inrush of applications.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
True. However, this forum will also be useful to track how quickly our citizenship applications are processed once C-6 is implemented. A lot of concerns have been expressed about the initial sudden inrush of applications.
So we will jump to the new thread...hahah

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
A) The public consultations are not regarding the bill itself but regarding the regulations that are implemented after. Something on the level "How should we design the forms" or "Which proof of language should we accept" etc. Notice, for example, that the law only says you need to demonstrate language skills. The law does not specify HOW they are to be demonstrated. Regulations do that. Note: I'm not saying that they will discuss proof of language details, I was just giving an example.
Public consultation is a must formal procedure; in case anyone has an objection (if any).... same as the marriage, the breast declares a husband and wife after consulting the attendance if anyone has objection to say it or keep silent forever. This is a normal practice for contracts (i.e. Land buying)...etc.

It's not true a consultation about the forms. For example, the forms have to be revised immediately after Royal accent in order to omit "intention to reside" that come into force at the Royal accent meanwhile there is no time for consultation. !!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Public consultation is a must formal procedure; in case anyone has an objection (if any).... same as the marriage, the breast declares a husband and wife after consulting the attendance if anyone has objection to say it or keep silent forever. This is a normal practice for contracts (i.e. Land buying)...etc.

It's not true a consultation about the forms. For example, the forms have to be revised immediately after Royal accent in order to omit "intention to reside" that come into force at the Royal accent meanwhile there is no time for consultation. !!
Of course they won't discuss the forms in detail at those hearings. I was just giving an example of things that are sorted out on the level of hearings for changes in regulations.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

what kind of marriage was declared by the breast? I would like to attend the wedding ...

Reactions: Joshua1

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's good, I don't think they want to wait for a year after the Royal Assent, so they want the flexibility to implement it sooner.
I'm afraid you misunderstood my post. They already have this "flexibility" - the current wording just ensures that the implementation takes less than one year (i.e., they have 1-365 days to implement). The proposed change removes this, which means that, in theory, they can take more than one year to implement.