+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
This is a completely formal announcement that tells us nothing. Whenever the government wants to change regulations they make such an announcement. There is nothing to learn from this. In particular it does NOT indicate anything about the speed of implementation, neither in the positive nor in the negative.
Thank you Spyfy. My query pertains to the Public consultation phase mentioned in the announcement that will come into effect after the bill becomes law.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Thank you pkin007.
The questions I have are,
A) What changes can public consultation bring to a bill that has already been passed and is law?
B) Public consultation durations range from 15 days to even three months. Do we have any precedents to inform us of how long the public consultation for C-6 will be?
C) Is it worthwhile for us to participate in this public consultation?

Thanks in advance for your inp
A) The public consultations are not regarding the bill itself but regarding the regulations that are implemented after. Something on the level "How should we design the forms" or "Which proof of language should we accept" etc. Notice, for example, that the law only says you need to demonstrate language skills. The law does not specify HOW they are to be demonstrated. Regulations do that. Note: I'm not saying that they will discuss proof of language details, I was just giving an example.

B) It wouldn't be very helpful to try to read something out of past consultations. They are each so different that comparisons are hard to be made.

C) No, unless you are a legal expert or are particularly opinionated regarding government forms :)

I would encourage everyone to ignore this CIC link to the announcement regarding regulations. It is a completely formal thing that is of no particular information to us.

This thread has the tendency to read something into everything that can be found via google and includes the letters "Citizenship" in that order.

GiantPanda

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
A) The public consultations are not regarding the bill itself but regarding the regulations that are implemented after. Something on the level "How should we design the forms" or "Which proof of language should we accept" etc. Notice, for example, that the law only says you need to demonstrate language skills. The law does not specify HOW they are to be demonstrated. Regulations do that. Note: I'm not saying that they will discuss proof of language details, I was just giving an example.

B) It wouldn't be very helpful to try to read something out of past consultations. They are each so different that comparisons are hard to be made.

C) No, unless you are a legal expert or are particularly opinionated regarding government forms :)

I would encourage everyone to ignore this CIC link to the announcement regarding regulations. It is a completely formal thing that is of no particular information to us.
Thank you for your reply.
Really appreciate your various detailed and informative posts on this forum.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I hope this forum continues so we discuss and share info on the new forms.
This forum made the waiting less stressful

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
So you think that C-6 will be discussed on Thursday because of the senator's tweet?

Well lets wait and see. I am a little bit sceptical about that.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So you think that C-6 will be discussed on Thursday because of the senator's tweet?

Well lets wait and see. I am a little bit sceptical about that.
If a senator wants to speak on a bill and the debate hasn't been opened yet, no one can stop them. So if a senator wants to speak tomorrow on C-6, they will speak tomorrow on C-6.

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quite funny: when I google
"skipped again" canadavisa
I can find three pages full of this thread......

Reactions: Halameh

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
C6 is not today's to do list

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
C6 is not today's to do list
It will take some time to consider, Senate forwarded message to house on May 03 and House replied on June 13. Don't be so anxious.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Legisinfo often has errors and is faulty. Ignore it. The Order Paper and Notice Paper is the legally binding document for Senate proceedings.
Its on: https://sencanada.ca/en/content/sen/chamber/421/orderpaper/133op_2017-06-15-e

Orders Of The Day
Government Business
Bills – Messages from the House of Commons
No. 1.

June 13, 2017—Consideration of the message from the House of Commons concerning Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act.