+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

satanicodr

May 2, 2017
Why the fuck is he talking about Islam in a third reading of trangenders' rights Bill ?
I had the same reaction, for many years people have used religious claims (do not oppress my religion) as the basis for rejecting divorce, interracial marriage, same-sex marriage, women's right to vote, etc.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
But he's litterally trying to kill two birds with one stone, painting transgender people as like ostentatious and muslims as intolerant. The guy says shamelessly that granting transgender people more rights is discriminatory against muslims, like no, the guy is not even muslim. I was really outraged.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I had the same reaction, for many years people have used religious claims (do not oppress my religion) as the basis for rejecting divorce, interracial marriage, same-sex marriage, women's right to vote, etc.

Some of us hope these types of subjects (and cursing) wouldn't be discussed here. Otherwise, WWW3 would break out... we're trying to keep it civil.

Reactions: satanicodr

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
But he's litterally trying to kill two birds with one stone, painting transgender people as like ostentatious and muslims as intolerant. The guy says shamelessly that granting transgender people more rights is discriminatory against muslims, like no, the guy is not even muslim. I was really outraged.
Csn you get this speaker name?

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Well LGBT already have the right to kiss in the streets, C-16 just brings basic anti-discrimination law against transgenders

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Would be nice seeing lesbos kissing on streets. I support c16
Please don't diminish this issue. I don't want to get into it here because this is an immigration forum and not a forum on all kinds of Canadian politics, but C-16 is not about lesbians kissing on the streets. It isn't even about sexual orientation. It is about gender identity which is something very different.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Guys apparently one of the senators said some really offensive things regarding bill C-16? Can anyone watching tell me what he/she said?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
OK, serious question: If Senator Jaffer and Senator Omidvar both said that a vote will happen by the end of the week, why is everyone so obsessed with by the minute updates? Why don't we all go out and enjoy the day and then check tonight? And if nothing happened today, then wait for Tuesday night.

It's not that things change by the minute. So why not chill and see what happens?

Reactions: anasja2000