+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Mar 4, 2017
Hi! New member here! I been following this bill for almost 6 months now!
I can't watch the senate feed for some reason, does anyone know what's going on?

Mar 4, 2017
Can anyone explain what will happen if the amendment passes? (it goes back to the HofC?) and if it does not pass? (the senate just drops it?)
And which one is the more likely? which is quicker in terms of getting the bill through?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Just joined! have been following this for last couple of weeks!

At-least the delaying tactics are down from days to hourly delays.

cant believe senators behaving like my 3 years old ! :D :D

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically, they can do this routine (a motion - voice vote - 1 hour - standing vote) until the midnight. At midnight the speaker has an obligation to adjourn the senate.

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
CANADIANZ said:
Just joined! have been following this for last couple of weeks!

At-least the delaying tactics are down from days to hourly delays.

cant believe senators behaving like my 3 years old ! :D :D
Please don't insult your three year old :) I am sure senators are worse!

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Giving voting machines to senators would cause bigger revolution than it was the introduction of the steam engine in the industry.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Lol, does any one know how many senator debates have been left before someone stands up and ask for vote on ammendment

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
vasyok said:
Technically, they can do this routine (a motion - voice vote - 1 hour - standing vote) until the midnight. At midnight the speaker has an obligation to adjourn the senate.
Unless the liberals smarten up and get in their motion to vote asap after the next vote (and not allow cons to seek permission to speak again)