+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
CANADIANZ said:
I wonder what they do during 1 hour recess time..

are there good restaurants around or nap rooms? :D
The British Houses of Parliament have several bars and restaurants :)

Safe to assume Canadian Parliament does too.

septimius

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
I don't understand the eagerness to adjourn. If they don't want the amendment just vote no. If they don't want the bill then vote no but adjourning to eternity makes no sense!!!

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
vasyok said:
I'm afraid it's your wishful thinking, but we will see soon what libs can and especially want to do. Yes, c-24 was aggressively moved through the senate, but (as far as I remembered) there was no strong opposition from the liberals at that time (i.e., libs did not try to stall the process), so we cannot really use c-24 as an example here.
FYI, Justin Treadu voted on C 24 was neither yes nor NO ( he did not vote against)

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proudian said:
How long does this debate period last??
Unfortunately, I do not know the answer (I could not find anything in the rules about it). My guess is that the debate is on as long as there are senators who want and are allowed to speak.

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Ammendments are silly too silly, they must withdraw them
I'm pretty sure that C 6 will not pass at all

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
vasyok said:
I'm afraid it's your wishful thinking, but we will see soon what libs can and especially want to do. Yes, c-24 was aggressively moved through the senate, but (as far as I remembered) there was no strong opposition from the liberals at that time (i.e., libs did not try to stall the process), so we cannot really use c-24 as an example here.
You miss my point! Absence of opposition wasn't the point in mentioning C24 - rather it was how a determined group can force its way through and call for a vote without endless debate. There is no requirement to allow each member of the the opposition to speak to every reading of every piece of legislation.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hey said:
They do not have enough votes for amendments how they will have enough votes to pass the bill?!
You mean the libs? Of course. I have said this last year and this year. The bill is dead since the birth. But I just hope I am wrong.

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
They have enough votes thats why they are able to defeat motions consecutively three in a row
Hey said:
They do not have enough votes for amendments how they will have enough votes to pass the bill?!

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
proudian said:
They have enough votes thats why they are able to defeat motions consecutively three in a row
Then they must just ask fo the vote..... otherwise this will happen 37 hrs (Cons 37 & Lib 24)

zig_zag

Aug 21, 2013
What happened today? Did they vote or not?
(Sorry the answer to this question might be found in 5-10 pages of random comments) But I would highly appreciate it if someone just provides an update. Thanks.