+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
This at least will prepare the Liberals to fight for 3rd reading, I think they Cons want to postpone the adoption of the law until after the summer adjournment and now the Liberals are not playing nice anymore so Cons are using obvious filibustering. They declared war

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
spiritsoul said:
I wish too but it doesn't work this way unfortunately
They can - if they smarten-up enough to realize that someone on their side needs to get up sharpish after the vote and ask for permission to speak before a con gets in again with a motion.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
i'm really sorry guys but i missed an episode here , what is going on ? i saw that the session was suspended ?

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an interesting observation - the previous vote was 29 to 38, which means there are only 67 senators in the chamber. What so important are the other 33 senators doing????

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
spiritsoul said:
Yes they can, they also can ask for a special meeting tomorrow...

Everything is possible if they're keen to progress but in fact they were never committed to do so!!!
Today its a test how the bills will go through, not only for this bill.
Now they will be more aggressive 8)

This is how this bill is going to pass and every other bill opposed by cons

I think an independent senator belmaire which was assigned by cons he voted with libs

Cons power is 28 senators only ;D

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Senators were about to vote for the amendment, when a Torie senator asked for adjournment of the debate, she was defeated on oral vote but then called for an official vote after 1 hour of recess. When they all came back, the standing vote happened and Tories were defeated but before someone could call for the vote about the amendment, another Torie senator rose and asked this time for adjournment of the whole Senate and was again defeated by oral vote so they asked for another standing vote and 1 hour recess. They are trying to buy time until the adjournment of the session at 5:30

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah but if they come back at 5:!3, the vote will happen at 5:15, it will likely take at least 10 minutes for the vote and then one of them will rise and start saying bs for 5 minutes until the official adjournement

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
This will go on for long... If this is the way it works.... Even if they pass the ammendment they will do this again for c6 voting.... So in this way they can keep stretching....

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Redfield said:
Yeah but if they come back at 5:!3, the vote will happen at 5:15, it will likely take at least 10 minutes for the vote and then one of them will rise and start saying bs for 5 minutes until the official adjournement
The senate "usually" stays in session till 5:30pm. This is not set in stone and a one-off request can be made by Liberals to sit through for a vote on the amendment. They will probably not request this - but there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

Bottom line is this: Liberals will need to force the bill through. Playing nice will not get them their way!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
captain74 said:
The senate "usually" stays in session till 5:30pm. This is not set in stone and a one-off request can be made by Liberals to sit through for a vote on the amendment. They will probably not request this - but there is nothing stopping them from doing so.

Bottom line is this: Liberals will need to force the bill through. Playing nice will not get them their way!

This is politics.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
thank you.

Everything that is happening is childish at this stage , ri-di-cu-lous.
They were so happy , friendly diplomats , now they have to show teeth , should they not want jeopardize their legislation platform . Because others major legislation coming , ie legalization of marijuana , cons will keep on being tough until the last minute .

Bill c6 has to get out of the senate asap , otherwise i can tell you they will severely delay it again . They'd better wrap it up while it's still hot on the table otherwise , it will be dragged just like second reading stage .It will end being pushed to september again .

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Today i realized that politics is politics , no matter whichever part of the world you go but politics never change.... Politics should be on principles...

noba el king

Star Member
Jan 3, 2016
proudian said:
Today i realized that politics is politics , no matter whichever part of the world you go but politics never change.... Politics should be on principles...
Cab anyone tells us what happened today?