+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

malaspinace

Aug 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
Difference:

PR: NOT= permanent residency entitlement in Canada (restricted)
Citizenship: = permanent residency entitlement in Canada (unrestricted)
I know the differences, but been a Canadian PR doesn't stop you, to go anywhere.

To get the Canadian citizenship grant you need to go through a process. Is your choice how do you want to take it.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
MoAnwar7 said:
The whole situation has been disappointing from the beginning.
I came to Canada in 2010. Became PR Jan 2014. before C-24 i was supposed to apply for Citizenship Jan 2016. after Bill c24 i will have to wait 2 more years. Jan 2018.
by the time this gets passed and gets into affect, most likely I will not going to benefit from c-6.
I'm very disappointed with the Liberals. I was going to support the Liberals for the rest of my live because of this bill, but after this disappointment me and all the pepole i know that affected will Support anyone but Liberals.

I haven's seen may family for 7 years. My Mom may pass away without seeing her because of C24. Liberals gave us false hope. Oh god I'm literally right now.

Well Thank you Steven Harper and Thank you Liberals.
I am very sorry to hear about your case, I hope things get resolved ASAP. Sadly, these politicians do not seem to understand the impact of their laziness on other people's lives. In your case though, I would suggest you do not worry about residency time and go visit your family. If it adds a couple of weeks more to your waiting time, then it shouldn't matter. I would suggest seeing your mother is more important. Good luck!

ahasan

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2007
Med's Done....
14-07-2010
Passport Req..
08-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2011
LANDED..........
May/June 2011
@moanwar

Please visit and see your mother. You will get citizenship one day. Your mother is more important then citizenship.

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
This thread is 90% people arguing/complaining and 10% about senate updates. It would be really helpful if there was another thread where those of you interested in having a much broader dialogue could spend time arguing and one where people who just want to know what's going on with the bill could catch up without having to scroll and read through 20 comments.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
lithium002 said:
This thread is 90% people arguing/complaining and 10% about senate updates. It would be really helpful if there was another thread where those of you interested in having a much broader dialogue could spend time arguing and one where people who just want to know what's going on with the bill could catch up without having to scroll and read through 20 comments.
Senate update is that C-6 was brought up in yesterday's sitting, only for Senator Ngo to adjourn it. The Senator that brought it up said that Omidvar (who technically sponsored the bill) has no right to amend nor vote for it because she is not a member of the Standing Committee. There isn't much happening with this bill, that is why everyone is sharing their disappointment about the situation.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
marcher said:
Senate update is that C-6 was brought up in yesterday's sitting, only for Senator Ngo to adjourn it. The Senator that brought it up said that Omidvar (who technically sponsored the bill) has no right to amend nor vote for it because she is not a member of the Standing Committee. There isn't much happening with this bill, that is why everyone is sharing their disappointment about the situation.
Who is Senator Ngo? Is he an immigrant himself? Why is he so anti this bill?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
He is a Conservative. Assuming politicians that were immigrants at some point care about immigrants in general, is very wrong. He has special interest in Vietnamese communities, but not necessarily an advocate of other immigrants. He is also serving his party that gave him the Senator position. Keep in mind that a significant number of Hispanics (many immigrants at some point) voted for Trump (although he said all the negative stuff about them). Sadly, people are selfish, they only care about themselves.

MoAnwar7

Nov 25, 2016
marcher said:
I am very sorry to hear about your case, I hope things get resolved ASAP. Sadly, these politicians do not seem to understand the impact of their laziness on other people's lives. In your case though, I would suggest you do not worry about residency time and go visit your family. If it adds a couple of weeks more to your waiting time, then it shouldn't matter. I would suggest seeing your mother is more important. Good luck!
Thank you very Much.
sorry it's my mistake i didnt explain. I can't go because im refugee. When I applied back in 2010 the situation in my country was very dangerous. It's totally changed now after the revolution. But that doesn't matter If i go With my PR im risking my PR getting revoked or fail to get a citizenship when they see in my application that i went to my home country.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
MoAnwar7 said:
Thank you very Much.
sorry it's my mistake i didnt explain. I can't go because im refugee. When I applied back in 2010 the situation in my country was very dangerous. It's totally changed now after the revolution. But that doesn't matter If i go With my PR im risking my PR getting revoked or fail to get a citizenship when they see in my application that i went to my home country.
Oh ok I understand your situation better now. You are correct; if you go back to the nation you originally claimed refuge from then you will have a lot of questions to answer when you return back.

sami6108

Jul 11, 2009
deerestlovelybear said:
He was a refugee or asylum seeker and a former officer of Republic of Vietnam Military Forces. He came to Canada in 1975 after fleeing Vietnam via Malaysia. Now this guy is anti immigrant. What a irony it is!!!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
sami6108 said:
He was a refugee or asylum seeker and a former officer of Republic of Vietnam Military Forces. He came to Canada in 1975 after fleeing Vietnam via Malaysia. Now this guy is anti immigrant. What a irony it is!!!
Anti immigrant is a bit too harsh. C-24 is not necessarily banning immigrants; just making our lives a bit more difficult. I think it is best if you think of Senator Ngo as a Conservative before anything else. I think sometimes these politicians have to go against their personal views to keep their position within the party.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sami6108 said:
Refugee: Senator Ngo, Minister Monsef......
Reality: Elites from refugee generating countries

More facts about Senator Ngo, he was a citizenship judge before being a Senator and is very tough on citizenship issues. He made $52,000 claim in travel expenses (highest among all Senators) in just six months after becoming Senator despite of living in Ottawa.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
Refugee: Senator Ngo, Minister Monsef......
Reality: Elites from refugee generating countries

More facts about Senator Ngo, he was a citizenship judge before being a Senator and is very tough on citizenship issues. He made $52,000 claim in travel expenses (highest among all Senators) in just six months after becoming Senator despite of living in Ottawa.
Those trips were across the country to meet Vietnamese communities ...

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
marcher said:
Any party that is serious about eliminating or reforming the Senate will have my vote in the future. At the end of the day, these Senators are getting paid by MY and YOUR tax money!
ME TOO... Even if the Conservatives this time.....
the Senate is useless.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spiritsoul said:
ME TOO... Even if the Conservatives this time.....
the Senate is useless.
But the problem is getting rid of Senate needs Senators' own votes to consent and that won't happen.

It's like a company gives its employees the right to vote whether the company should fire them or not.

Would people vote to end the jackpot they won (which pay 150000 salary for life without any accountability)?