20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadasucks said:
But the problem is getting rid of Senate need Senators' own votes to consent and that won't happen.

It's like a company give its employees the right to vote whether the company should fire them or not.

Would people vote to end the jackpot they won (which pay 150000 salary for life without any accountability)?
Not only the senate votes, it also needs the consent of all provinces along with HofC. Good luck getting all provinces to agree if senate / commons approved it.

The Atlantic provinces are not going to abolish the senate if they lose their say in government due to population. The Atlantic provinces are not going to let federal government dictate policies affecting them with no say at all. While they don't carry much weight in the commons, they do carry more weight in the senate.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
canadasucks said:
But the problem is getting rid of Senate needs Senators' own votes to consent and that won't happen.

It's like a company gives its employees the right to vote whether the company should fire them or not.

Would people vote to end the jackpot they won (which pay 150000 salary for life without any accountability)?
I think it would be more reasonable to have an elected Senate that serves a certain period of time.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
marcher said:
I think it would be more reasonable to have an elected Senate that serves a certain period of time.
Agree with you. While the purpose of the Canadian senate (upper house) is to give equal representation to all provinces/states just like other countries, the process to elect senators and their tenures are unlike most democratic countries and instead draw similarities to UK's House of Lords

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
canadasucks said:
Refugee: Senator Ngo, Minister Monsef......
Reality: Elites from refugee generating countries

More facts about Senator Ngo, he was a citizenship judge before being a Senator and is very tough on citizenship issues. He made $52,000 claim in travel expenses (highest among all Senators) in just six months after becoming Senator despite of living in Ottawa.
i look forward to his speech on the bill next week, next month, or next year. but it is really a waste of time. either side basically has been repeating the same arguments. the senate debating system is crooked.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
marcher said:
In an attempt to not overload other threads with irrelevant discussions, I am creating this thread to solely focus on Bill C-6 progress within the Senate. I will start by stating that there is a Senate sitting today (November 17th) from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM EST. If you want to listen to it the link is:

http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161117/-1/6292

The chances that C-6 will be discussed are highly unlikely; I assume everyone is waiting for Omdivar's suggested amendments. But it may be worth listening just in case.
Thanks Marcher for opening new thread..

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
sami6108 said:
He was a refugee or asylum seeker and a former officer of Republic of Vietnam Military Forces. He came to Canada in 1975 after fleeing Vietnam via Malaysia. Now this guy is anti immigrant. What a irony it is!!!
It is always like that, Ngo came to Canada as refugees and wheh citizenship rule was much easier, now he is already a citizen and became selfish and strict on new commers. This is typical ironic situation.

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
yeas of course if they have been elected then no body complain about their bad or good action, but right now the professors,Dr,Sir,Madam,business person,.......... all looking for free money and they want to be slave and screaming in senators house for one particular party what the shame on them they ever think their fat a$$ ever get vote if they have election , by the way look 2700 people they all well known people apply for empty senators seats and only 1% will become senators how greedy this world ,to be honest almost im blowing up so full stop from me

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - Can you please make a pledge to call/email the senators ? That will be very very helpful

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trudeau-expresses-deep-sorrow-over-fidel-castro-s-death-1.3177962
This is what JT is busy doing instead of worrying about us... #NoComment

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trudeau-expresses-deep-sorrow-over-fidel-castro-s-death-1.3177962
This is what JT is busy doing instead of worrying about us... #NoComment
I agree. But on the other hand being a PM involves a lot of 'faire la part des choses' (untranslatable sentence that means to separate out the essential things)

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
It's not really Justin Trudeau's responsibility in this matter
There is one guy responsible for immigration matters , and he's been told what the government vision is ..and bill c6 came ...when it was introduced we all knew and kept on talking about it that sénat stage will be an issue
The best way is to wait and see and not really think about it , it only creates more and more frustration , if it becomes law and we hear about those coming into force dates then it'll be just a pleasant surprise .

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tyl92 said:
It's not really Justin Trudeau's responsibility in this matter
There is one guy responsible for immigration matters , and he's been told what the government vision is ..and bill c6 came ...when it was introduced we all knew and kept on talking about it that sénat stage will be an issue
The best way is to wait and see and not really think about it , it only creates more and more frustration , if it becomes law and we hear about those coming into force dates then it'll be just a pleasant surprise .
On the other hand Justin Trudeau made a promise to all dual national Canadians that they will always be as Canadian as the others. He needs to make sure it's not broken, especially because of a few Senators that have no majority anymore. After all, he is the boss (and we elected him to be the boss, so he should act accordingly).

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Liberal government have 3 more years to fulfill their promises. Senate have other bills that they have to work on to as well. It's in Senate which is suppose to be non-partisan so you guys have to push the senators yourself through calls/emails

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hi all

Could someone please help me with my situation.Under the current rule I will fulfill my 4/6 residency requirements on Jan 15 2018.Do I have to wait till I have lived in Canada for 183 days in 2018 to apply for my citizenship or will I be eligible to apply on 15 Jan?beacuse if I will be then I don't have to worry too much about bill c6 coming to force.(except the intent to live clause) beacuse it will take another year anyways.But if I have to wait till mid 2018 then in my case the sooner bill c6 becomes a law the better.

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
HI,

Checked the forum after a couple of days, could someone clarify this. According to the Hansard on 24th, Senator Ringuette says

"Honourable senators, I would like the bill to be referred to committee so that we can hear from interested individuals and groups as soon as possible and pass this bill in 2016. Thank you".

So was it actually referred to committee? Does any one know? Thanks in advance.