Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
mohd000 said:
Sen. Ratna Omidvar‏ @ratnaomi
@zparwez debate adjourned by Senator Ngo. Means we must wait for him to speak.
This is not true, it's obvious Omidvar doesn't know the Parliamentary procedures..... This is a government bill so any one can re-open the debate!!!

Another issue: why did they (pro C-6( agreed to his adjournment? they were could simply say Nay when the question was asked by the Chair!!! Bulls**t

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
spiritsoul said:
This is not true, it's obvious Omidvar doesn't know the Parliamentary procedures..... This is a government bill so any one can re-open the debate!!!

Another issue: why did they (pro C-6( agreed to his adjournment? they were could simply say Nay when the question was asked by the Chair!!! Bulls**t
You know what, there is one set of rules that Senator Omidvar knows very well, and that is the compensations and benefits regulations of the Senate. Anything else she seems to be oblivious to. Her handling of the whole situation has been disappointing from the beginning. She felt compelled to take over the bill because she is (or wants everyone to believe that she is) a big advocate for immigration issues. Her involvement with this bill has caused more delay and zero progress. I have been reading her responses to people on twitter today, mysteriously she is finally answering rather than ignoring like before. Also, her answers are inconsistent. She assumes people know nothing about Senate procedures so tries to brush off responsibility on others like Sen. Ngo. She could have easily Nay'ed his adjournment yesterday if she really was ready to progress with this bill. Same goes to all the other Liberal Senators. Sen. Ngo is not obliged to bring it up; he just technically killed it for more weeks.

All I recommend is we need to be realistic. If one is following C-6 for the 3/5 rule, then do not expect it to be in place anytime before spring 2018. If it is for the other clauses, then I would suggest probably sometime in summer 2017 might be a reasonable date. Anyone assuming it will be resolved earlier and plans based on that assumption, will most likely end up disappointed.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Any party that is serious about eliminating or reforming the Senate will have my vote in the future. At the end of the day, these Senators are getting paid by MY and YOUR tax money!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
marcher said:
All I recommend is we need to be realistic. If one is following C-6 for the 3/5 rule, then do not expect it to be in place anytime before spring 2018. If it is for the other clauses, then I would suggest probably sometime in summer 2017 might be a reasonable date. Anyone assuming it will be resolved earlier and plans based on that assumption, will most likely end up disappointed.
True

most likely to happen that way... for those who had pre pr time and landed on or after 2014 would benefit from c6 if ever it is to be law ..for others even with pre pr time or not and landed in 2013 or before won't benefit at all . Whoever is about to apply in 2017 is better off sticking to current rules to avoid any disappointment and plus 2017 is so close now that even if it passes it won't matter anymore . Bill c6 was made for recent and future PR's but all those affected by it will never benefit at all .

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
tyl92 said:
True

most likely to happen that way... for those who had pre pr time and landed on or after 2014 would benefit from c6 if ever it is to be law ..for others even with pre pr time or not and landed in 2013 or before won't benefit at all . Whoever is about to apply in 2017 is better off sticking to current rules to avoid any disappointment and plus 2017 is so close now that even if it passes it won't matter anymore . Bill c6 was made for recent and future PR's but all those affected by it will never benefit at all .
Honestly, I figured for a while now that those of us affected directly by c-24, were not going to benefit from c-6; and many kept accusing me of pessimism (some folks like living nice lies rather than inconvenient truths). My worries were mostly if we will be punished twice; if c-6 did kick in and end up delaying our applications even further. But at this point, I am more confident that we will not have to suffer from a second delay by c-6; since it is highly unlikely to kick in before we apply and hopefully get our citizenships.
Of course I am talking about those solely affected by waiting an extra year for the 4/6 rule. Others who lost their pre pr years ..etc. might be affected twice by the changes.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
marcher said:
Honestly, I figured for a while now that those of us affected directly by c-24, were not going to benefit from c-6; and many kept accusing me of pessimism (some folks like living nice lies rather than inconvenient truths). My worries were mostly if we will be punished twice; if c-6 did kick in and end up delaying our applications even further. But at this point, I am more confident that we will not have to suffer from a second delay by c-6; since it is highly unlikely to kick in before we apply and hopefully get our citizenships.
Of course I am talking about those solely affected by waiting an extra year for the 4/6 rule. Others who lost their pre pr years ..etc. might be affected twice by the changes.
when will you qualify ?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
tyl92 said:
a couple of months left ;)
9 to 10 months; so about a year. I meant I will then qualify to apply, so with another 4 to 5 months processing, I am hoping on become a citizen by the end of 2017 or January 2018.

MoAnwar7

Nov 25, 2016
Sen. Ratna Omidvar ‏@ratnaomi 13h13 hours ago
@Richshah234 I have hope. Next week may bring us some progress

Marise ‏@Marise99395408 17h17 hours ago
@ratnaomi Still trying to understand why there was no progress yet....it looks like no one cares about this Bill.

@Marise99395408 I care very much!

Bonnie Mwangi ‏@bonifac20366053 15h15 hours ago
@ratnaomi many thanks for your hard work! Cannot be more thankful!! Do you have hope it will become law before year end?

@bonifac20366053 yes!

MoAnwar7

Nov 25, 2016
The whole situation has been disappointing from the beginning.
I came to Canada in 2010. Became PR Jan 2014. before C-24 i was supposed to apply for Citizenship Jan 2016. after Bill c24 i will have to wait 2 more years. Jan 2018.
by the time this gets passed and gets into affect, most likely I will not going to benefit from c-6.
I'm very disappointed with the Liberals. I was going to support the Liberals for the rest of my live because of this bill, but after this disappointment me and all the pepole i know that affected will Support anyone but Liberals.

I haven's seen may family for 7 years. My Mom may pass away without seeing her because of C24. Liberals gave us false hope. Oh god I'm literally right now.

Well Thank you Steven Harper and Thank you Liberals.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
marcher said:
9 to 10 months; so about a year. I meant I will then qualify to apply, so with another 4 to 5 months processing, I am hoping on become a citizen by the end of 2017 or January 2018.
at least the good point is that processing times have been exceptional recently..

malaspinace

Aug 30, 2016
We need to be realistic. If you really want to stay in Canada doesn't matter if is as permanent resident or a citizen. As a PR you can go travel around the world if you want. You don't need a Canadian passport to see your family.

I landed in 2012, and I couldn't apply under the old law because I went to see my family and I stay a little bit longer than I expected. However, I already applied to became Canadian citizen and maybe I won't have my citizenship before next year, either wise I will travel in Christmas to see my family.

You don't need to wait until some happent.