+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

egghead

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Several comments:

1. Of little importance to the Liberals at this point. It was used to paint the Conservatives a certain color during the election and it worked. Who cares now.
2. Handled like amateurs from the beginning and continues to be so.
3. Moving forward with the bill only sheds light on their ineptitude and embarrasses them - the less attention the better.
4. My guess is they let it die and maybe introduce a different bill at a later date.
5. I hate politicians.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Like always said .. the bill got lucky enough to get to this stage where they're stuck and don't know what to do with it ..letting it die is what seems to appear
Plus we learn that this senator can't even make amendments whilst they've been telling people, including herself , that she is working on amendments and sponsoring the bill
And now they want us to believe that she was not aware of that rule

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
egghead said:
Several comments:

1. Of little importance to the Liberals at this point. It was used to paint the Conservatives a certain color during the election and it worked. Who cares now.
2. Handled like amateurs from the beginning and continues to be so.
3. Moving forward with the bill only sheds light on their ineptitude and embarrasses them - the less attention the better.
4. My guess is they let it die and maybe introduce a different bill at a later date.
5. I hate politicians.
I was always positive until now. I have to say it is now clear to me that the Tories are blocking the bill on purpose.
But they're not a majority anymore so I don't understand the process and why they still have that much power...

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarceauBletard said:
I was always positive until now. I have to say it is now clear to me that the Tories are blocking the bill on purpose.
But they're not a majority anymore so I don't understand the process and why they still have that much power...
It was actually messed up by Libs themselves. Immigration Minister said he was open to amendments during HoC reading. But when amendments were moved by other parties including the one about restoring appeal right which Omidvar desperately wants to move now, Libs decided to ignore all of them when they had majority control in HoC. They missed the opportunities when they had but now they don't have power in Senate (Cons control the Senate Committee). I have said this long time ago. C-6 is already dead. They also chose the wrong person into cabinet and Monsef will not be saved once the investigation about her is finished.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Dissapointing

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Omidvar's latest tweet about the subject:

Sen. Ratna Omidvar
‏@ratnaomi
@zparwez debate adjourned by Senator Ngo. Means we must wait for him to speak.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Here is Senator Ngo's twitter (for anyone who still has hope and energy to communicate with politicians)

https://twitter.com/SenatorNgo/

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
marcher said:
Omidvar's latest tweet about the subject:
Sen. Ratna Omidvar
‏@ratnaomi
@zparwez debate adjourned by Senator Ngo. Means we must wait for him to speak.
I don't understand how this works. Any Senator can decide to adjourn and then will block it until he decides to talk about it again? Makes no sense to me...

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
marcher said:
Here is Senator Ngo's twitter (for anyone who still has hope and energy to communicate with politicians)

https://twitter.com/SenatorNgo/
Sorry but you are assuming, that no one is talking to these senators to stop C-6. Lack of interest has nothing to do with government being busy with something else or Monsef for that matter. Politicians are being lobbied to defeat C-6 and those who were fighting for this before the elections are sleeping.

I have talked to many community leaders that supported Liberals only because of the 2 classes of citizenship created by bill C-24. They were only under the impression that C-6 (i.e repealing of C-24) has already passed or passing it is a formality.

The only ppl pro C-6 that are really following are the ones who want the 3 year residency requirement back.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
MarceauBletard said:
I don't understand how this works. Any Senator can decide to adjourn and then will block it until he decides to talk about it again? Makes no sense to me...
The whole concept of a Senate in its present format makes no sense. Many Canadians have been calling over the years to either completely get rid of the Senate (costs the taxpayers a fortune); or restructure it (at least have elected Senators). The way it is now, if you are ever appointed Senator, then you basically won the 'political jackpot' as someone said on here before. Big salary for doing f all and to top it they get a huge pension.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
rizmayo said:
Sorry but you are assuming, that no one is talking to these senators to stop C-6. Lack of interest has nothing to do with government being busy with something else or Monsef for that matter. Politicians are being lobbied to defeat C-6 and those who were fighting for this before the elections are sleeping.

I have talked to many community leaders that supported Liberals only because of the 2 classes of citizenship created by bill C-24. They were only under the impression that C-6 (i.e repealing of C-24) has already passed or passing it is a formality.

The only ppl pro C-6 that are really following are the ones who want the 3 year residency requirement back.
I am not assuming anything, I am just personally running out of energy and hope for this matter. However, reading what you said, it makes sense that the voters might assume Bill C-6 is already in place. It does not affect them directly so they are not following it. Maybe what we need is major media sources writing and addressing this Bill delay. That might raise awareness and get these politicians working.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May be each of you can add a daily task to email the senators of your area along with a phone call to followup, it will bring it to their attention. Whining here won't help !