+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
marcher said:
Well friends based on Omidvar's tweets, C-6 will be discussed today. Here are the details of today's sitting:

Senate sitting no. 76
Scheduled: Thursday, Nov 24, 2016
1:30 PM - 5:30 PM EST
Link: http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161124/-1/6334
there will be some hope to make it before Christmas if it could be moved to the committee today. Thanks all for following up with those senators and sharing the updates.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
hangincanada said:
there will be some hope to make it before Christmas if it could be moved to the committee today. Thanks all for following up with those senators and sharing the updates.
Yes, I mean expecting it to pass before the end of the year is probably a bit unrealistic. But at least if it is brought up in the sittings, then it is moving. Snail speed but still some movement. I still think a reasonable target for implementing the 3/5 rule would be within the first three months of 2018. In my case, it makes no difference since the only clause that affects me in C-24 is the 4/6 rule. But for many others on here, it is more important to see C-6 come to life since it contains other clauses that help their situation.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
itsmyid said:
I think that tweet only meant C-6 'will be on today's schedule for discussion', and will be skipped as usual, just like how it has been on many previous days' schedule
You might be right, but she sounds more like hinting to that she will bring it up. After all, she is the only person at the moment who can bring up C-6 in the Senate.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
After reading through some of this: I think a quick service announcement is in order. Please read this carefully:

Until Bill C-6 is either passed by the Senate or parliament is dissolved, it will always be on the Order Paper and Notice Paper. Always.

The fact that Bill C-6 is listed on this Order Paper and Notice Paper is no indication whatsoever that it is going to or not going to be discussed in a particular sitting.

It is just the "ToDo List" of the Senate.

Therefore: It is completely pointless to use the Order Paper and Notice Paper as an indicator for anything.

Therefore the following statements are completely pointless:
"It was on the OP&NP before and then was discussed. It's on the OP&NP again. So it must be discussed today"

Let me rephrase this: Ignore the OP&NP because it is just a list of all things before the Senate right now.

End of service announcement. You are welcome.

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Lets be positive , think positive , hope for best and pray.
When JT has promised it will be done one day.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
I just saw Senator Omidvar's tweets. Fingers crossed.
The Bill C-6 is #5 in the order of the day ( http://www.parl.gc.ca/ParlBusiness/Senate/OrderPaper/Calendar.asp?Language=E&Parl=42&Ses=1 )

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
MarceauBletard said:
I just saw Senator Omidvar's tweets. Fingers crossed.
The Bill C-6 is #5 in the order of the day ( http://www.parl.gc.ca/ParlBusiness/Senate/OrderPaper/Calendar.asp?Language=E&Parl=42&Ses=1 )
#5?might as well skip it already ...

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
With the speed they are really discussing the bill C2, I don't think they will look into anything else for the rest of the day ...
Let's see ...

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think so that members here are actively following up with the senators. Thats the best way to bring it to their attention, unless it will keep on hanging

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
deerestlovelybear said:
SKIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPED
Please don't give false comments!

The session is still active. They are now talking S4.

p.s: The last lady discussing C2 wasted so much time! No comment ... :-\