VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
FYI - think I read that if you start inputting your in/out days . . . that data will more than likely be lost in the update. At least that's what I thought it said when I tried a few weeks ago.

Been keeping track in a google doc . . .
Pre PR total: 693/2 = 346.5
Full PR total: 859 days
Total with all = 1,205.5

Just printed out my citizenship test flashcards today :)
Good going VFX, I maintain a diary too of all the dates. I recently ordered CBSA transcripts for entry and exits though CIC discourages it to bother them. I wanted to cross verify my calculations. So everyone, get your ILETS etc and stay calm.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Good going VFX, I maintain a diary too of all the dates. I recently ordered CBSA transcripts for entry and exits though CIC discourages it to bother them. I wanted to cross verify my calculations. So everyone, get your ILETS etc and stay calm.
So question on that -- re: ILETS

Why will our PR Language tests not qualify us? Of course I am 54.5 years old so . . . :)

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
So question on that -- re: ILETS

Why will our PR Language tests not qualify us? Of course I am 54.5 years old so . . . :)
Well many apply as refugees, so no language tests. Plus CIC accepts ILELTS taken 5 yrs prior to application. Many's might have expired. I am exempt but know friends who had to take it again. Just a thought. If you qualify to go past the age requirement, then good, but if not, then enroll. Getting GC date for ILETS is hard atleast where I live plus three weeks for results. etc etc etc etc.

energym

Aug 18, 2014
I went for a long walk to come back to C6 becoming a law!!!! If I knew I'd have gone for a long walk a long time ago.

Now that C6 is no longer a bill I urge you all, once you are citizens, to exercise your right to vote, I'm not asking you to vote for the Liberals but to simply vote for whomever you deem worthy of your vote.
The silent people have no value in the eyes of the politicians.

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I travel sometimes, so I'll also have to wait for November-ish before I'm eligible because of absences. That is assuming that the new rules are in effect by then.
Hi spyfy. So very many extraordinary thanks to you for all of your fine updating efforts over the agonising course of this precious Bill through Parliament. Like you, I've had absences from Canada too, but by my reckoning my full three years of residency in PR status will be fulfilled next Friday, June 23rd 2017. I have pre-PR time as well, but obviously I'm just going to finish my full 3yrs now. I truly couldn't be happier this evening and am still shocked that it's now a done deal. This whole thing has taken up so much energy in following it along and buoying myself up to just keep going and survive here while hoping for the best over the past couple of years. Several times I'd thought Canada was just too much for me but I've survived my three winters here and some dreadful job experiences where I was either cheated or nearly killed. Anyhow, I will be applying for citizenship at the earliest date I can after next Friday. Yippee!

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
I registered today Canada Visa but have been following heated threads of Bill C6 silently, I am one of the people affected by C24 and long delays of C6 but will qualify under C24 realistically on April 2018, I URGUE YOU ALL TO PLEASE TWEET MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION AHMED HUSSEN THAT THE RESIDENCY CLAUSE C6 BE IMPLENTED ON ROYAL ASSCENT DAY SO VICTIMS OF BILL C24 CAN APPLY. I have learned how laws are made in parliament following bill c6 which have been BITTERSWEET.

Reactions: lilen

northernavpers

Star Member
Mar 28, 2015
Hey guys,

How do I check when I become eligible considering new laws come into affect on Canada day.

PR Date: Aug 11 2015
Entry to Canada: 2010

I have not been out of the country for more than 30 days/year since I got PR.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP