Bill C-6: Senate stage

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
There is a thread already in the forum about implementation: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/in-effect-implementation-dates-if-c-6-post-royal-assent.483673/#post-6096991

You better participate there than launching new threads which could confuse us!!!
That thread is from before the events of today, so it's a very different thread. I'm sure there is enough space in this forum for both threads. Plus, my post is way too long to post it as a reply to another post, particularly one from April.

Last edited:

naturalca

Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That thread is from before the events of today, so it's a very different thread. I'm sure there is enough space in this forum for both threads. Plus, my post is way too long to post it as a reply to another post, particularly one from April.
We can use that one for discussion as we have done in this thread.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Congrats everyone. Finally a major hurdle crossed. Let's see when it comes into force. Have been eligible since Jan 2017, so its a matter of time. Opened the bottle of double black Jack Daniels that I was saving for this day. Thanks for all the members specially spyfy and monsieur Bleutard for all the inputs and keeping trolls away.

Lets stay in touch with application timelines and stuff or a separate post.

Felicitations encore.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't believe there will be significant changes in the forms even with bill C-6.
Best to get all ones documents and information ready. We already know what the new residency requirements will be and can account accordingly.
I'll be trial filling out the old forms ;)
Yes I will do the same things too. Its a great reminder of what's needed for citizenship

Mar 4, 2017
Hey, everyone!

I know I am a little late to the congratulatory party but I still want to express my biggest congrats!!!

As someone who has been following the bill (and its painstaking journey to become law) and this thread for over a year now, the day that we pined for is finally here!!!

CONGRATULATIONS soon to be Canadians!

Also, anyone knows why the official website still says third reading in the Senate and not "awaiting Royal Assent"?

Reactions: UVIR

neoseal

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Former minister of immigration (Chris Alexander) on twitter

"In fact, most historic aspects of #C-24 remain in effect; it'll be up to next Conservative govt to reverse most reckless provisions of #C-6."

Now you know whom to vote

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Appreciated, hope to see fair implementation of the bill shortly.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Hey, everyone!

I know I am a little late to the congratulatory party but I still want to express my biggest congrats!!!

As someone who has been following the bill (and its painstaking journey to become law) and this thread for over a year now, the day that we pined for is finally here!!!

CONGRATULATIONS soon to be Canadians!

Also, anyone knows why the official website still says third reading in the Senate and not "awaiting Royal Assent"?
Because they are govt employees and they have families, so they will update it soon not asap when it is cleared. Also they have to send a communication back to HOC of the decision and then it goes fwd. Spyfy can shed more light on it. We have waited so far, so relax. Rome was not built in a day.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Chill guys. I can't even believe anyone cares about royal assent or updated websites. The bill will become law before the summer break. 100% guaranteed. Certainly. For sure. This is over. Go out and have a nice evening. Drink (or not) and celebrate. But don't worry yourself over updated government websites or royal assent dates. :)

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
Yes I will do the same things too. Its a great reminder of what's needed for citizenship
FYI - think I read that if you start inputting your in/out days . . . that data will more than likely be lost in the update. At least that's what I thought it said when I tried a few weeks ago.

Been keeping track in a google doc . . .
Pre PR total: 693/2 = 346.5
Full PR total: 859 days
Total with all = 1,205.5

Just printed out my citizenship test flashcards today :)