+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
PTJ said:
The amendment is not really a big deal to the bill itself I guess?
This was the most emotional part of the bill actually. Remember "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian..."

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
monalisa said:
https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/859565261392838657

Tomorrow bill will be voted?
Looks like tomorrow might be the day....

Please thank all the senators who showed leadership on this...

Without them, CONs would have been playing with this still.....

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
monalisa said:
https://twitter.com/ratnaomi/status/859565261392838657

Tomorrow bill will be voted?
Yep, now the question is: How long will it take for the HoC to assess the amendments and send it back to the Senate?

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
MarceauBletard said:
Yep, now the question is: How long will it take for the HoC to assess the amendments and send it back to the Senate?
If the HoC approve the bill as is, it will go directly to Governor General for royal assent. There will be no need to go back to Senate.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
elie72 said:
If the HoC approve the bill as is, it will go directly to Governor General for royal assent. There will be no need to go back to Senate.
the minister today already said senator oh's amendment is unnecessary. so the hoc won't approve the bill as amended. there will be some battling between the house and senate.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
hangincanada said:
the minister today already said senator oh's amendment is unnecessary. so the hoc won't approve the bill as amended. there will be some battling between the house and senate.
It is not correct that the minister said it is unnecessary. He said that he wants to point out that there already is a process through a special application for exemption for minors to apply but that he will carefully consider the amendments which is politicians speak that he does not want to voice his opinion at this moment.
This does not mean that he supports the amendments. But it is incorrect to state that he already indicated that he opposes them.

While it is very much possible that the HoC will not agree with all amendments, please don't claim that the HoC will do that it unless you have any sources that support your claim. So far there isn't anything that supports either claim (that it will pas the HoC or that the HoC will object to amendments).

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
spyfy said:
It is not correct that the minister said it is unnecessary. He said that he wants to point out that there already is a process through a special application for exemption for minors to apply but that he will carefully consider the amendments which is politicians speak that he does not want to voice his opinion at this moment.
This does not mean that he supports the amendments. But it is incorrect to state that he already indicated that he opposes them.

While it is very much possible that the HoC will not agree with all amendments, please don't claim that the HoC will do that it unless you have any sources that support your claim. So far there isn't anything that supports either claim (that it will pas the HoC or that the HoC will object to amendments).
Lol I hope you are aware we are not in the ONLY FACTS thread?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Whocares said:
Lol I hope you are aware we are not in the ONLY FACTS thread?
I am aware. But again, it's not facts only so it goes both ways so I write what I want :) And I think that the aforementioned guess is a bad idea. Furthermore, the user I was referring to misstated a quote from the minister. By all means, who am I to tell anyone not to voice their opinion, I do it quite a lot myself in this thread. But if someone misstates a quote (I'm referring to the indirect quote "the minister today already said senator oh's amendment is unnecessary" which he did NOT say) then I'm going to call them out on it.

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
spyfy said:
I am aware. But again, it's not facts only so it goes both ways so I write what I want :) And I think that the aforementioned guess is a bad idea. Furthermore, the user I was referring to misstated a quote from the minister. By all means, who am I to tell anyone not to voice their opinion, I do it quite a lot myself in this thread. But if someone misstates a quote (I'm referring to the indirect quote "the minister today already said senator oh's amendment is unnecessary" which he did NOT say) then I'm going to call them out on it.
Chill guys, else the webmaster will put a fake news tab on the forum like FB and Google.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/05/02/le-renvoi-pour-le-senateur-don-meredith
It's the end for "Honourable" Senator Don Meredith. He's gonna be expelled.

elie72 said:
There's VERY LITTLE chances that they approve it as is. Historically, political parties generally don't approve ideas if they weren't the ones that came out with them, even if they make sense. So, the question is, how long will they debate it, and how long will the Senate take to approve it again.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
spyfy said:

https://twitter.com/SenatorVictorOh/status/859501637446053888
READ IT