+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
well call me what you may!, Im still of the opinion that the bill will pass!!!. They can delay but they cant deny!!!....#*&^%theconservatives!!!!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zion786 said:
well call me what you may!, Im still of the opinion that the bill will pass!!!. They can delay but they cant deny!!!....#*&^%theconservatives!!!!
As you can see they have already started to trim it, to resemble more and more bits of the current C24... so technically they are already denying the original format of Bill C6.

Reactions: AbdulIBX

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
MUFC said:
As you can see they have already started to trim it, to resemble more and more bits of the current C24... so technically they are already denying the original format of Bill C6.
I am amazed that the PM and the Immigration Minister are not getting hands-on with this and doing some heavy hitting behind the scenes to sort this mess out and ram the bill through.

If this is trimmed any further to resemble C24 that would be a big political debacle for them.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Zion786 said:
Well setting this bill aside, it seems Conservatives are exactly what Canada needs to get Sh*t done. Liberals are too soft and seems like they have no clue how politics works in Canada. Conservatives are giving them the run around.

So far, Liberals have only f'ed things up. Look at the parent/grand-parent sponsorship stream ... atleast before we had a system, given it was flawed, that worked. Now thanks to liberals, no one is able to apply.

If I ever become a Canadian Citizen, I won't be voting for Liberals.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
whooo? PM ? immigration minister? hahah they are waiting for the weekend 2morrow, u think they know that we exist?

captain74

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
lilen said:
whooo? PM ? immigration minister? hahah they are waiting for the weekend 2morrow, u think they know that we exist?
Surely he knows we exist - to pay for his vacation via our taxes :)

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Samlia said:
Senator Diane Griffin introduced the new amendment. IS it good idea to write on her twitter account?
No point. I had written a lengthy letter to the office of The PM, then Immigration Minister and my local MP way back in December 2015 via email and regular mail, expressing my displeasure and the displeasure of fellow advanced degree holders from Canada. PM office gave a generic response, Immigration Minister's office was little bit less generic stating thanks for the inputs yada yada as I pressed on the electoral promise. Thereon, in January 2016, they introduced the bill. All was good until the senate. So the punchline is, no matter how many times you ping on twitter ec etc, it ain't gonna matter. In Shakespearean spirits, we are all mere pawns in the big games of politics, career gets screwed, parents die etc etc. no one gives a crap. So I again plan to send a detailed letter to their respective offices ranting out politely as the only portion that affects me from C24 is 3/5 as I find it demeaning comparing me to newcomers and is screwing my prospects. So all the twitter things is a facade, but please go ahead. Sending email is more effective I guess. But in the end, if our PM can push a opposition MP and elbow him, he could have dredged this bill through too. He has lost credibility and the budget imbalance hasn't helped him either. They will be out of power in the next term as if the Trump model sails, it will unite the con base. So don't have high hopes, "STAY CALM AND SUCK UP". Wish I could print t-shirts and send it to the senate as that's the message we are being conveyed.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
maybe some of u is gonna laugh on me, believe me or not, this bill is going to pass, GOD is seeing everything and he knows that this bill is a good bill, and people coming to canada to live and build there own future.keep everything in his hand and u will see. amen

Confused in Montreal

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
tyl92 said:
Griffin's amendment have already been approved .
Today its another one , on tuesday it will be someone else .

@Whocares : Of course it is !
Well they get nominated, not elected. Retirement age is 75 with a pay package of an average $150,000, so no one gives a darn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_senators_of_Canada_by_age

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilen said:
maybe some of u is gonna laugh on me, believe me or not, this bill is going to pass, GOD is seeing everything and he knows that this bill is a good bill, and people coming to canada to live and build there own future.keep everything in his hand and u will see. amen
Exactly, this is why he still keeps C24 effective. He wouldn't keep C24 still effective if it wasn't good for us, right?

Reactions: AbdulIBX

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Now we admit they messed up this bill. Maybe the senate first time ever has seen this chaotic situation for a government bill. The time limit is the week of May 3rd. Even it is passed, the numerous amendments will further delay the response of HoC for sure.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
be patient brother, everything is gonna be fine and c6 will pass, sometimes life sucks but we have to be optimist and enjoy life, everything happen for a reason, u don't know more then him trust me.. finger crossed hopefully soon we will celebrate on this thread

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
lilen said:
be patient brother, everything is gonna be fine and c6 will pass, sometimes life sucks but we have to be optimist and enjoy life, everything happen for a reason, u don't know more then him trust me.. finger crossed hopefully soon we will celebrate on this thread
lol did you have some kind of revelation all of a sudden ?

I'm guessing this is you on twitter ?

lilen‏ @lilen432 54m54 minutes ago
More
Replying to @SenJaffer @SultanShaik5
thanks a lot for all the false tweets and promises,more than a year playing with people emotions..congratulations mr canadien is a canadien.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
The amendment before the Senate is a bipartisan effort, being put forward by Ontario Conservative Senator Victor Oh, and B.C. Liberal Senator Mobina Jaffer.

should we thank Jaffer for her amendment?

http://www.630ched.com/syn/112/292318/senate-proposal-seeks-to-amend-child-citizenship-laws