VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
subha_1962 said:
Can you share with us from where you got this information
@SenJaffer
Replying to @SultanShaik5
there are many Right to go to Court, Language knowledge age 60, rights of child add terrorism, residency requirements

Hey

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
If amendments accured then we can not give the credit for libs, because will be no more libs bill, it's becoming cons bill.... starnge

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let's just see what the amendments entail.

- amendment for due process - I agree with
- amendment for age increase re language - I personally disagree with
- amendment re children in custody of state being able to apply for citizenship independently, I agree with.

These amendments are causing delays but some have merit. Now that we have a deadline, all we can do is wait and see how it goes in the HoC. If the cons try to change the 3/5 residency, I'd be very surprised if they get the vote.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
These 3 amendments are debatable from the point of view of HoC acceptance. However amendments that would regard the terrorism thing or increasing residency requirements (I'm still waiting to see if the previous guy had actually a source for the 3.5/5 or if he made up that out of thin air) would never pass, they would litterally cancel the very reason why C-6 was introduced. I am amazed how JT nammed senators that are actually going to side with the opposition on his major campain promises

CLAUDIO73

Nov 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So let me understand folks: If bill c6 becomes law,with or without amendments currently debated, it will affect also the conditional permanent residency which it would be repealed in any case?
Thanks for the answers in advance

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CLAUDIO73 said:
So let me understand folks: If bill c6 becomes law,with or without amendments currently debated, it will affect also the conditional permanent residency which it would be repealed in any case?
Thanks for the answers in advance
I don't understand the question

CLAUDIO73

Nov 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
I don't understand the question
OK i rephrase it. If it becomes law the bill c6 would repeal also the conditional permanent residency clause? 100% or in the amendments they are discussing or it would be left out the repealing?

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
I've done some research and apparently last year Senate completely amended Bill C-14 (assisted dying) to which Conservatives were virulently opposed, they had majority in the Senate. They presented the Bill back to HoC with 7 amendments. HoC sent back a message to Senate acceptiong minor amendments but refusing the amendments that would change the purpose of the Bill and the Senate backed off because it was a campain promise. The whole thing happened in 2 days (16th and 17th of june 2016, the Senate voted the Bill on the 15th)

Senator Harder made a speech at that time "Harder told senators that defeat of the amended bill would "bring the whole law down" and result in a situation that "would be intolerable and Canadians would find unacceptable." He made it clear that he expects the House of Commons will not accept all of the Senate amendments and will send the bill back to the upper house for further consideration."

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Bill=C14&Parl=42&Ses=1

This will likely happen with Bill C-6, some amendments will be accepted but the ones raising age for language test or increasing residency requirements will be refused

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
CLAUDIO73 said:
OK i rephrase it. If it becomes law the bill c6 would repeal also the conditional permanent residency clause? 100% or in the amendments they are discussing or it would be left out the repealing?
You mean the need to stay 6 months per year in Canada to keep your Permanent Residency ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CLAUDIO73 said:
The proposed amendments has just started, nobody knows what the final version will look like.

Reactions: AbdulIBX

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I'm just sharing how I feel now:

Yesterday I felt too depressed because I was so eager to apply for my citizenship at the earliest, just to have a good feel about being a citizen in Canada. But after having a sleep on it, today I feel clear. Lets wait and watch. I personally feel the important factors on #C6 are to remove 2 tiers of citizenship and introduce a fair appeal process for revocations. Anyways, there is no election approaching this year, so I am ok to get my citizenship before the next election. Let's keep discussing and cheer-up each other, while the bill passes thorough the houses and becomes law soon.