+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Committee Stage

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Irfan, I agree with you. When are you eligible to apply based on the current law? Also, does anyone know the next step at the Parliament for c-24?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfan777 said:
Hi guys,
Not really impressed the way our committee is positioning the C24. It is mainly focusing the Students and work permits, but what about PR Residents.

I was the regional brand manager for ME and Africa and I left my job and came to Canada while I was promised 1065 days for Citizenship.

I preferred Canada over Australia for less time of citizenship and I am sure many would have done too. So it is unfair, to change C24 for exiting residents. I think C24 should be applicable to the new cases otherwise It should change for all if it is changing for PR residents.......including students and Temp. Work permits.

So let's talk one language. Currently we are only. thinking about students and Work permits which is unfair and not acceptable

Thanks
I am just wondering who is "your committee"? Are you referring to CIMM? Or you refer to the petition group?

maza

Apr 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF/BIODATA 3-2-2014
AOR Received.
05-07-2013
IELTS Request
21-01-2012(sent with application)
Med's Request
31-1-2014
Med's Done....
5-2-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-2-2014
LANDED..........
3-3-2014
Sashali.. thanks for your efforts.. Hopefully this would work..
when i heard the liberals saying when they asked the minister about this and he said he rerufuse to change that i got worried.. but i will keep my hope till the end..

G luck to all od us :)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irfan777 said:
Hi guys,
Not really impressed the way our committee is positioning the C24. It is mainly focusing the Students and work permits, but what about PR Residents.

I was the regional brand manager for ME and Africa and I left my job and came to Canada while I was promised 1065 days for Citizenship.

I preferred Canada over Australia for less time of citizenship and I am sure many would have done too. So it is unfair, to change C24 for exiting residents. I think C24 should be applicable to the new cases otherwise It should change for all if it is changing for PR residents.......including students and Temp. Work permits.

So let's talk one language. Currently we are only. thinking about students and Work permits which is unfair and not acceptable

Thanks
students and work permit status are different that people who arrive in canada after receiving PR. they spend at least 3-4 years prior to getting PR and that time is completely lost under new system. so thinking about such cases is fair according to me. when you came to canada as PR, every day you stay here counts. if you come as a student or worker and spend around 6 years before getting PR, it's not fair that those days are ignored.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I'm not sure why Irfan777 thinks it is unfair.

I do understand that you left your job for a better life, but you don't have an issue with pre-PR time because you came to Canada as a PR and you are getting a full credit for every day you are spending here.

You may want to argue that you don't want the 3 out of 4 to be changed to 4 out of 6, so you can apply earlier that is understandable.

And I would like to ask sashali78 if this will be brought to the house of common at one stage by the group?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dr_majed8835 said:
I'm not sure why Irfan777 thinks it is unfair.

I do understand that you left your job for a better life, but you don't have an issue with pre-PR time because you came to Canada as a PR and you are getting a full credit for every day you are spending here.

You may want to argue that you don't want the 3 out of 4 to be changed to 4 out of 6, so you can apply earlier that is understandable.

And I would like to ask sashali78 if this will be brought to the house of common at one stage by the group?
I also had a feeling that Irfan is concerned with the overall increase in the residence requirements. However, this was never on the agenda of our group or was ever mentioned in the petition. Consequently, we are not planning to bring this up and I don't see why it should be a surprise or disappointment to anyone...

vvppaa

Nov 8, 2011
Hi Everyone,

The next meeting is on May 12th? Will it be the last committee meeting on this bill?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I think it will be the last before the summer recess.

vvppaa said:
Hi Everyone,

The next meeting is on May 12th? Will it be the last committee meeting on this bill?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The calender I recall had May 12 the last event...
There could be a session or 2 not more than that...as the Recess begins in June through Aug and resumes in Sept

Observer said:
Hi daktrader, sorry to ask but is this for sure?

Observer

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks daktrader, I have seen the progress on other bills and some of them go really quick. I still feel there is high chance to pass the bill before the summer break (I HOPE I AM WRONG).

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Likewise...
Hope it works to the Best of everyone's requirements on the Forum

Observer said:
Thanks daktrader, I have seen the progress on other bills and some of them go really quick. I still feel there is high chance to pass the bill before the summer break (I HOPE I AM WRONG).

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to be a law, bill has to be passed by house then move to senate and get royal assent all before summer closing/within June.. It's unlikely.