+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

kaysingh

Sep 4, 2018
Guys,
Could anyone of you enlighten me about the processes IP1, NA2 etc etc? My AOR is 3oct, CRS was 475.

I got an email on 3NOV from CIC about an update but no changes in the application. I am seeing a lot of things like ordering GSMC notes, calling IRCC. I’m not aware of any of these. Is there a blog or something where I could read everything?

Please help.

RakVip

Aug 22, 2018
Today, my BG status got changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". Assuming it to be IP2, anyone please correct me if I am wrong in understanding the status.

Applied date: 14th July 2018
Medical Passed: 13th Aug 2018
IP2: 5th Nov 2018
PPR: Still awaiting :'(

Thanks in advance.

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
This is normal dont worry. it probably means that your fiel was assigned a Visa Office.

Guys,
Could anyone of you enlighten me about the processes IP1, NA2 etc etc? My AOR is 3oct, CRS was 475.

I got an email on 3NOV from CIC about an update but no changes in the application. I am seeing a lot of things like ordering GSMC notes, calling IRCC. I’m not aware of any of these. Is there a blog or something where I could read everything?

Please help.

anjumj

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-01-2019
Dear Seniors,

I need advise as my case seems to be stuck in IP1 since more than 6 months.

Following is my file info:

EOI: 19th April 2018
Overall CRS points score: 465 (cut off was around 445)
File Submitted: 12th May 2018
AOR: 12th May 2018

Below is my current status:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can you please advise what my next steps should be?

Grateful for your support here.

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
Dear Seniors,

I need advise as my case seems to be stuck in IP1 since more than 6 months.

Following is my file info:

EOI: 19th April 2018
Overall CRS points score: 465 (cut off was around 445)
File Submitted: 12th May 2018
AOR: 12th May 2018

Below is my current status:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can you please advise what my next steps should be?

Grateful for your support here.
which Visa office?

anjumj

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
15-01-2019
which Visa office?
I don't know the office, I emailed them but the automatic reply said we will not respond if the query is about which visa office your file is in. How else can I find out which visa office it is in?

pinkster

Jul 23, 2018
I don't know the office, I emailed them but the automatic reply said we will not respond if the query is about which visa office your file is in. How else can I find out which visa office it is in?
Please share your contact number. Ill add you to a whatsapp group which will guide you better.

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Thats strange. Haven't heard of anyone get that sort of a response.
Have you ordered GCMS notes? Considering the timeline you've mentioned I think gcms notes can not only help you understand the VO that is handling your application but can also get you to know the exact status of your file.

Last edited:

Mahipalsinh7

Nov 13, 2018
IP1 more than 80 days,

AOR received on 2nd Aug 18,
Medical Cleared on 25 Aug 18.

worried as in between "Review of additional documents" status was
"We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".
but currently, it is: "Not applicable."
no message or any further information received.

Current Background check status: " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I assume it is IP1.

Can anyone help me with this?

Ruchesha

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
IP1 more than 80 days,

AOR received on 2nd Aug 18,
Medical Cleared on 25 Aug 18.

worried as in between "Review of additional documents" status was
"We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details".
but currently, it is: "Not applicable."
no message or any further information received.

Current Background check status: " Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I assume it is IP1.

Can anyone help me with this?
Dont worry. Most applications this week have directly received PPR without touching IP2. You are good. To be safe you can raise a query on csc or write to Ralph on ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca
He normally reverts in a day with accurate updates. All the best