+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

Fininedz

May 7, 2018
Hey all;

I’ve been stuck at "we will let you know when your background check starts" for long…long…time :( (more than 140 days since my medicals were updated and 170 since AOR)

I received a letter saying:

« This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

According to our records, your passport or the passport of your dependent(s) is expired, or set to expire soon

If you have already applied and received a new passport, please reply to us at CPCO-CTDO-PRVU-UVRP@cic.gc.ca with a scanned copy of your passport’s bio page. If you have not already received a new passport, please provide us with a scanned copy when it becomes available.

Do not submit original passports at this time.

Any other inquiries regarding your application please direct to: CPCO-CTD-OTTAWA@cic.gc.ca »

My passeport expires on January 2019, and I am not allowed to renew it before the authorized period (6 months) ...means in few days...

My question is: Do you think it is an automatic mail generated by the system? or an agent is finally working on my file ^^?

Thank you!

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hi guys
I had been in IP1 since quite long and on Friday got to IP2 stage. Can anybody share, what significance this status change hold in my application process ?

Regards
That’s a very good sign, there are many who got PPR following their status change from long IP1 status. However, in rare cases the wait still goes on such as the case with @koushik90 . May you both get your PPRs at the earliest .

Reactions: koushik90

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
Hi guys
I had been in IP1 since quite long and on Friday got to IP2 stage. Can anybody share, what significance this status change hold in my application process ?

Regards
In most of the cases folks are receiving the PPR email right after moving to IP2. But some cases like me it did not happen. It's been close to 3 weeks since I moved to IP2 but no PPR email yet.

Wait until Friday and if you still haven't received any email then try calling IRCC call center and see if you can get a status update.

I called a week after IP2 and found out my BG check passed and on 06/15/2018 I called them again and found out the PR application is approved but the PPR email has not been sent yet. Just need to wait some more time I guess.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Singhamrita2906

koushik90

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
NY
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-31-2017
That’s a very good sign, there are many who got PPR following their status change from long IP1 status. However, in rare cases the wait still goes on such as the case with @koushik90 . May you both get your PPRs at the earliest .
Thank you. Seems like there quite a few folks like me who are still waiting PPR email even after moving IP2.

But, I did call IRCC call center on 06/15/2018 and was told by a live agent that my application is approved but they haven't sent any email yet. So, no more worries, just some more waiting.

Azharkp

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Thank you. Seems like there quite a few folks like me who are still waiting PPR email even after moving IP2.

But, I did call IRCC call center on 06/15/2018 and was told by a live agent that my application is approved but they haven't sent any email yet. So, no more worries, just some more waiting.
Congratulations man! That is a great news ..

Reactions: koushik90

hemanthsamayam

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-05-2018
Med's Done....
18-05-2018
I've a query, out of curiosity I want to know is there any significant difference between status of Recommended Pass and Passed for Eligibility ????

Thanks

nidiw2017

Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Done....
16-03-2018
I've a query, out of curiosity I want to know is there any significant difference between status of Recommended Pass and Passed for Eligibility ????

Thanks
Eligibility is " Recommend Passed" by a Junior agent. The file then goes to an officer who gives a green light and declares eligibility " Passed".