+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
@Gbemife . You were right. I called them up again and a female agent answered. She was so sweet. Told me everything about my application. Apparently within 4 months of applying, everything had been completed except for the security screening which has been in progress for 14 months now (her exact words) . She said they'll be sending a reminder to the agency soon. Nothing else to do but wait.
Well, atleast I know something. Better than being in the dark like I was until now.
Thank you for that advice, buddy. I would've never called back so soon if you hadn't told me to. Much love, brother :)
How do you all manage to speak to an agent? Are all of you all in Canada or something to call the direct number? When I call from out of Canada, I always get "the lines are busy" then I'll hear the same automated message of the status that's on my profile.

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hello. I am also applying from Singapore. I submitted PCC after meds passed, uploaded it 27th July which is more than 2 months since then! I am stuck at IP1 still.. waaahhh! :'(

I want to call CIC but the toll free number is not working in our area.. do you have any idea if there is another number we can reach them?
Hey, did you get a movement from ip 1 yet? How long have you been/did you stuck in ip 1?

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
You are so welcome. I am glad for you. Now we know the delay is because security screening is taking place. Hopefully that is completed soon and you get your PPR. Cheers!

PS: I am a lady:)
Apologies for the confusion. Thank you for your well wishes. I'll keep you updated if anything changes.

Reactions: Gbemife

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
How do you all manage to speak to an agent? Are all of you all in Canada or something to call the direct number? When I call from out of Canada, I always get "the lines are busy" then I'll hear the same automated message of the status that's on my profile.
That happens a lot. You should call around 3:00 PM GMT. You'll have a better getting through. Good luck.

Nix9

Oct 7, 2013
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
20-06-2017
How long did you background stuck at ip 1 do you remember?
I have been stuck in we are processing your bg check, and we are reviewing the docs you have submitted, since my medical pass in mid Aug. I don't think that you should rely on those bg statuses on the website. I find them misleading. Good luck on your application!

Reactions: despacito2017

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Anyone that is FSW and stuck in IP1 for months, I would advise ordering GCMS notes. Through this, I found out I was missing a document and hence my A11.2 decision mentioned: "Review Required". If your A11.2 has Review Required then you will stay in IP1 until your file is opened at the local visa office.

abhishekkhosla

Aug 2, 2017
Thank you. I have noticed that it all depends on the agent you speak with. All the agents I spoke with throughout the time I called, told me everything. R10, criminality, eligibility and security; whether passed or not.

So I advice you to keep calling. You will get a good one to speak with. send emails as well. 18months is too long except one is in security screening in IP2. But you don't know that yet!
hi I need your advice My Aor date is 8th Nov Mep 23rd Nov and ip1 nov 23 since then there is no change in my status. Only one thing that they do not need any additional documents. Do advice that i call them and ask for status update and if yes please let me know the contact details. I am from FSW outland.

abhishekkhosla

Aug 2, 2017
Hello everyone
Need your advice

My Aor date is 8th Nov Mep 23rd Nov and ip1 nov 23 since then there is no change in my status. Only one thing that they do not need any additional documents. Pls advice that i call them and ask for status update and if yes please let me know the contact details. I am from FSW outland.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
hi I need your advice My Aor date is 8th Nov Mep 23rd Nov and ip1 nov 23 since then there is no change in my status. Only one thing that they do not need any additional documents. Do advice that i call them and ask for status update and if yes please let me know the contact details. I am from FSW outland.
Hi kindly call them on this no from outside Canada: +1 (613) 944-4000‬ and follow the voice prompts. Yes you can call them and make enquiries. Ask about your visa office and if R10 or eligibility have passed.

blackbear88

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for this thread, I'm afraid that I am part of it.
I have been stuck in IP1 (we will send you a message when we start your BG check) for 60 days now.

Please find my timeline below:
- 29/8 AOR
- 20/10 IP1/ADR/medicals passed
- 9/11 Application processed in Paris visa office
- 20/11 AD uploaded
Also, I am currently waiting for my GCMS notes.

Is it a good sign that my application was already transferred to Paris?

Thank you :)