+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

bm123

Aug 19, 2012
You are welcome. I wish you all the best in your success journey.
Your wishes seem to work on people. Trust me. I got in NA2 in today morning, after stuck in IP1 for 24 days, and within 10 hrs of NA2, today on Saturday, moved into IP2. Thanks a ton.

Reactions: Gbemife

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
Your wishes seem to work on people. Trust me. I got in NA2 in today morning, after stuck in IP1 for 24 days, and within 10 hrs of NA2, today on Saturday, moved into IP2. Thanks a ton.
Wow! Congratulations, I am so happy for you. I am waiting to hear 'Golden email received' from you soon!

Reactions: bm123

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
@Gbemife I hear you are quite the rabbit's foot. How about you send some of those wishes my way.

ashwani_pant

Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys,
Hope you are doing well.
I got my visa stamped and would be making my first trip to Canada in March 2018.
Can someone please tell me if I can give the immigration officer a local address (of a cousin) and leave after 2 weeks and will my PR card be delivered to my cousin?
I plan to get my pr card mailed to me later on.

It that allowed?
Thanks guys for your help in advance.
Ashwani

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi Hopefuldreamer101, how are you doing today? Did you send the email or order GCMS notes yet?
I did indeed, my friend. I'm fine, thank you.
GCMS, email, CSIS report, wishing well, magic lamp, and everything else possible. My Status hasn't changed.
How are things at your end ?

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
I did indeed, my friend. I'm fine, thank you.
GCMS, email, CSIS report, wishing well, magic lamp, and everything else possible. My Status hasn't changed.
How are things at your end ?
Things are going great at my end. Thank you. I am just wondering why your application has been in process for 14 months, even the express entry is mostly maximum of 6 months. You should, honestly, be calling the call centre several times everyday.

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Things are going great at my end. Thank you. I am just wondering why your application has been in process for 14 months, even the express entry is mostly maximum of 6 months. You should, honestly, be calling the call centre several times everyday.
More like 18 months. After being on hold for 40 mins I spoke to an agent who told me that it's "under process" and asked me to call back in January if nothing changes. If I call them too often, I might just end up annoying them. Good to hear about your success, buddy. More power to you !

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
More like 18 months. After being on hold for 40 mins I spoke to an agent who told me that it's "under process" and asked me to call back in January if nothing changes. If I call them too often, I might just end up annoying them. Good to hear about your success, buddy. More power to you !
Thank you. I have noticed that it all depends on the agent you speak with. All the agents I spoke with throughout the time I called, told me everything. R10, criminality, eligibility and security; whether passed or not.

So I advice you to keep calling. You will get a good one to speak with. send emails as well. 18months is too long except one is in security screening in IP2. But you don't know that yet!

HopefulDreamer101

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
@Gbemife . You were right. I called them up again and a female agent answered. She was so sweet. Told me everything about my application. Apparently within 4 months of applying, everything had been completed except for the security screening which has been in progress for 14 months now (her exact words) . She said they'll be sending a reminder to the agency soon. Nothing else to do but wait.
Well, atleast I know something. Better than being in the dark like I was until now.
Thank you for that advice, buddy. I would've never called back so soon if you hadn't told me to. Much love, brother :)

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
hi there

today my Additional Documents Changed to - We do not need Additional Documents
but the Background Check hasn't started yet does this status still come under IP1?

Regards
hey,wonder how does your case going. Still ip 1?

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
@Gbemife . You were right. I called them up again and a female agent answered. She was so sweet. Told me everything about my application. Apparently within 4 months of applying, everything had been completed except for the security screening which has been in progress for 14 months now (her exact words) . She said they'll be sending a reminder to the agency soon. Nothing else to do but wait.
Well, atleast I know something. Better than being in the dark like I was until now.
Thank you for that advice, buddy. I would've never called back so soon if you hadn't told me to. Much love, brother :)
You are so welcome. I am glad for you. Now we know the delay is because security screening is taking place. Hopefully that is completed soon and you get your PPR. Cheers!

PS: I am a lady:)