+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BG Stuck in IP1

scarlette2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
i called the CIC today and after 40 min i was told ( again ) that my application is in the normal processing and that it takes 6 months to be done normaly , and i asked about background check if it's started, i was told that "NO, no sign in the application says that it was started "

Reactions: sashiv20

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
i called the CIC today and after 40 min i was told ( again ) that my application is in the normal processing and that it takes 6 months to be done normaly , and i asked about background check if it's started, i was told that "NO, no sign in the application says that it was started "
Hang in there !!maybe everything will happen quickly and get the PPR soon.

Reactions: scarlette2017

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
You see, my timeline is very similar to yours. All this time I've been thinking I'm in IP2, but yesterday I came to realize I might be in IP1. Which is sad, cause I haven't seen an update since Dec 19th, after meds passed :(
I ordered my notes as well.
GCMS Notes ordered: March 23, 18
GCMS Notes received: April 23, 18

This is my situation,
As per my GCMS notes, in the primary review (Done December 13th 2017) they determined my privious job needs some verification. To support my previous job I sent my experience letter through CIC email on Jan 9th 2018, and I got conformation email (on Jan 17th) that it has been sent to corresponding department.

But I haven't heard anything till date.:eek:

sashiv20

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Did you ask specifically about criminality? Because background check usually refers to security which happens at IP2. In IP1 it's eligibility and criminality. Either way, gcms notes will give you a better idea than a phone call.

Reactions: scarlette2017

scarlette2017

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Did you ask specifically about criminality? Because background check usually refers to security which happens at IP2. In IP1 it's eligibility and criminality. Either way, gcms notes will give you a better idea than a phone call.
yeah i better wait for the GCMS note , the lady on the phone didn't give me details !
i didnt know exactly what to ask , all i thaught about is the security screening
as we use IP1 and IP2 i didnt know much about the details in each one

all the best for us !!

nidiw2017

Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received.
06-03-2018
Med's Done....
16-03-2018
Canada has a public holiday on May 21st. This is going to be a shorter week, but I sincerely hope it brings good news for all of us!

ankit@1687

May 9, 2018
I submitted my application under Express Entry FSW category in November 2017. My application status changed to "Background Check in Process" on March 5th 2018; however, the status hasn't changed till now (Have been waiting for 75 days!!). Additionally, it shows that "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

I tried to raise a concern through IRCC Web Form; got a very generic response which didn't address my queries. It has crossed the 6th month mark (under Express Entry PR processing time is between 2 months to 6 months); I need clarity on where am I placed.

I can't order GCMS notes as I haven't given any representative's name.

Please suggest how to get additional information. Anxiety is increasing day by day.

denzrambo

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
22-08-2018
I submitted my application under Express Entry FSW category in November 2017. My application status changed to "Background Check in Process" on March 5th 2018; however, the status hasn't changed till now (Have been waiting for 75 days!!). Additionally, it shows that "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

I tried to raise a concern through IRCC Web Form; got a very generic response which didn't address my queries. It has crossed the 6th month mark (under Express Entry PR processing time is between 2 months to 6 months); I need clarity on where am I placed.

I can't order GCMS notes as I haven't given any representative's name.

Please suggest how to get additional information. Anxiety is increasing day by day.
Try calling them up -

613-944-4000
or

888-242-2100

or order gcms notes through somebody in canada

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

Inderpreet100

Jan 14, 2018
I ordered my notes as well.
GCMS Notes ordered: March 23, 18
GCMS Notes received: April 23, 18

This is my situation,
As per my GCMS notes, in the primary review (Done December 13th 2017) they determined my privious job needs some verification. To support my previous job I sent my experience letter through CIC email on Jan 9th 2018, and I got conformation email (on Jan 17th) that it has been sent to corresponding department.

But I haven't heard anything till date.:eek:
Could you elaborate your situation a little. Did you not submit your reference letter upfront? With which document were they unhappy?

sharmajiankur

Jan 4, 2018
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
5-03-2018
AOR Received.
25-02-2018
Med's Done....
7-03-2018
Passport Req..
20-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
07-11-2018
Hi,

I called them today and they say VO is still not assigned and the case is still being with held in Montreal. Not sure what does this means. Can someone explain please. It is so frustrating as I have submitted the FBI PCC with the application. The only document they asked for is for sharing the information with spouse (IMM5475). No update since 7th March.

shrey01

May 17, 2018
Hi,

I called them today and they say VO is still not assigned and the case is still being with held in Montreal. Not sure what does this means. Can someone explain please. It is so frustrating as I have submitted the FBI PCC with the application. The only document they asked for is for sharing the information with spouse (IMM5475). No update since 7th March.
Do you know if they will process the entire application in Montreal? OR does it have to be moved to Ottawa? Mine is in Montreal as well . I know Sydney is a CIO and CPC . Don't know if the same applies to Montreal.