+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best province for part time jobs

ishanfication

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
ishanfication said:
In short - no. Currently you can only work on campus and part time which means you will gross around $800 a month. Rent, food, travel costs etc will be more than that.
thanks so much . What about once done with the course ... how much average can one get working full time in field related to study ... will it be a good decison for me to invest $25,000 and then while working full time expecting this amount to be recovered in a year ... is it possible ... I really wanna come canada but it feels very risky .. what's average per month expenses .. plz help ..

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC requests to have at least $10 000 a year for living expenses. It also depends on where you are going to live : in Toronto-Vancover or let's say Regina, SK.
Actually, each university has a living expenses estimate for international students. Research!

ishanfication

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
so is it feasible that one can get enough bucks to support himself financially other then tution fee ... because once there asking for $1000 will mean 60,000 Indian rupee ... so m confused ... will I able to support myself or not ??

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishanfication said:
so is it feasible that one can get enough bucks to support himself financially other then tution fee ... because once there asking for $1000 will mean 60,000 Indian rupee ... so m confused ... will I able to support myself or not ??
It might cover your rent but not your food. Or it will cover your food and not your rent. Remember that you also have to get the books, transportation to from college etc

William G

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Thank you guys for your valuable info.

I have certain questions which I'm not able to find answers for..?/

1. Is a PG diploma course from Ontario worth a go in terms of importance. or a masters degree is favored by the employers.
2. I'm planning either George brown , centennial or a seneca?
3. I'm planning to do a 1 +1 diploma so how much gap in can be granted between two months for a 3 yr PGWP.

Thank you guys

ishanfication

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
itstime said:
It might cover your rent but not your food. Or it will cover your food and not your rent. Remember that you also have to get the books, transportation to from college etc
again confused ... so what should I do .... If i am taking care of my fee and my expenses for a yr ( course duration ) .. how much time do you think will it take to recover the money spent ... say $25,000 ... if I get good grades too

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Friends,

Since all major metropolitan areas of Canada (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary) have become immensely expensive, especially for new comers it is hard to settle down. I suggest small cities, town or rural areas are now better option for new comers if you want to settle down easily.

In small city/town/rural land you have (High rate of employment, Low cost of living, house affordability, life style remain same all over Canada)

I have several years of experience to live in major metropolitan areas such as Toronto & Vancouver. If you are a millionaire for sure go to Vancouver but if you are a new comer, struggling to settle down your family, looking for opportunity to grow than go to small town/rural area.

(This is a million dollar advice which nobody gave to us 12 years ago when we came in this land)

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Search for zero percent unemployment areas in Canada and check for the institutions there. If the unemployment rate in the area is mentioned 4.0% or less than 4.0, it is considered as a zero percent unemployment area.

You may check the official website of Statistics Canada for the accurate and updated figures.

For international students to settle down, the following provinces have the best PNP's as of today.

Saskatchewan
British Columbia
Manitoba

Hope this information will help.

Reactions: ynandal99

unclesamy

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Ryan1981 said:
Search for zero percent unemployment areas in Canada and check for the institutions there. If the unemployment rate in the area is mentioned 4.0% or less than 4.0, it is considered as a zero percent unemployment area.

You may check the official website of Statistics Canada for the accurate and updated figures.

For international students to settle down, the following provinces have the best PNP's as of today.

Saskatchewan
British Columbia
Manitoba

Hope this information will help.
unemployment rate could be misleading as it does not account for non citizens/pr . also unemployment rate does not tell what type of jobs people are doing . If a town is a mining town and all the locals work in a mine unemployment rate would be low but town may not be a good place for international student. a MBA working in McDonalds would show as employed but he is over qualified for that position and has taken that position because there are no MBA jobs in that area. My point is look for a right course and not unemployment rate.

buffstical

Oct 21, 2014
Hello Mark_Anna,

Please can you send your email address to: buffstical4luv@gmail.com for further inquires

Thanks, I will be expecting it

Regards

dinesh865

Oct 28, 2015
Can anyone clarify how is edmonton concordia univ msism do we get part time easily in edmonton? plzz help i found edmonton is too cool.do students work part time every month?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dinesh865 said:
Can anyone clarify how is edmonton concordia univ msism do we get part time easily in edmonton? plzz help i found edmonton is too cool.do students work part time every month?
well be careful with alberta due to oil prices down its been very difficult situation in alberta.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I haven't seen anyone mention St John's, Newfoundland and Labrador... I know it's a small and secluded city as opposed to the rest.
I've done my research and from what I've read it's not the best when it comes to part time work opportunities but it's a good province for international New comers to settle down as the cost of living is comparatively lower.

Any ideas or advice about Newfoundland??