n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
tanvirmustan said:
nOT AT aLL . fRENCH IS NOT MENDATORY , TO GET PART TIME WORK ONE HAS TO HAVE GOOD CONTACT WITH OTHERS .
The Charter of the French Language provides that “consumers of goods and services have a right to be informed and served in French”.
By implication, persons doing business in Québec must be capable of providing their services in French to consumers who so request it...hence need to know french in general ..how ever there r jobs which u can get if ur english speaking like manual labor etc which r very few and very difficult for students with part time job requirement.

kashif bodla

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! I am new here. But I want to ask you guys about PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
ak79 said:
hi

Any idea about graduate work permit renewal? And what are the criteria?
Hi,

If you're talking about the Post graduation work permit, then it can be renewed.
It is a one-time opportunity.
But you can get new work permit with a approved LMO.

Good Luck.

NITINPREAMS

Jun 29, 2013
sksincanada said:
I'm surely gonna follow this post. This is really an excellent question for future Canadian students like myself. Being an MaS aspirant, I need a thorough discussion about the provinces and part time job availabilities over there. There is much difference between the real time scenarios and what we hear from others especially the so called consultants. This is my earnest request to all the senior members that plz take part in this discussion. Lets make Canada readily available for each one of us.

Cheers
Targeting Jan 2014 For "Financial Planning" so few questions
1) List Of Good collage having very good job prospectus for Financial Planning
2) can we start Part Time jobs from first week........?......what is hourly rate their...?

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Well I don't have much idea about the colleges. But I can surely help you with the universities. Share your profile. You cannot work from very first week. You gottu wait for off campus part time work for at least 6 months. You can work for 20 hrs a week.

XYZ User

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys... Can someone pls list down the jobs we can go for as part time ? Just curious as to what all activities it includes .

NITINPREAMS

Jun 29, 2013
sksincanada said:
Well I don't have much idea about the colleges. But I can surely help you with the universities. Share your profile. You cannot work from very first week. You gottu wait for off campus part time work for at least 6 months. You can work for 20 hrs a week.
Profile :
SSC : 73.20 HSC : 74.33
BE Computer (Pune Uni.) : aggr. 60% Last year (66%)
exp : 2 yrs as software developer in top MNC
* worked in Financial domain

ECE Engr

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
mead said:
quebec is the worst for part time jobs unless u know french fluently .....i would advice against going to quebec if u dont have enough funds to cover ur living as well as tution fees...
Got admitted to a univerisity in Qubec, I dont know French, what now? am I doomed :(?

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
NITINPREAMS said:
Profile :
SSC : 73.20 HSC : 74.33
BE Computer (Pune Uni.) : aggr. 60% Last year (66%)
exp : 2 yrs as software developer in top MNC
* worked in Financial domain
If you are considering for pg diploma, you got very good chances.
Your aggregate % is on the lower side for ME or MASc. But having said that you got 2 yrs of work experience, give gre and enhance ur chances for ME. If not, go for a pg diploma from a good college. You need to spend some time to find good colleges.

Good luck

amit3386

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
toronto canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
13 March 2014
IELTS Request
7 overall
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
Landed 24 April 2014
You have to search on your own for good college s...
Universities are always very good but for some reasons good colleges may have some better prospects then university... try searching in Google...

Good luck...

ishanfication

Star Member
Dec 31, 2013
Hy, I am planning to take admission one year post graduate course in business or management . I have already done MBA . My parents can only support me as in the fee and I have to take care of my living expenses on my own . So , Is it possible that I will be getting enough funds working part time to take care of my monthly expenditure. and is it easy to get your 1 year work permit ( after 1 yr course ) extended . I am planning this may 2014 and have scored 7.5 bands . plz help ... I dont wanna possibly end being stuck up in toronto .

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ishanfication said:
So , Is it possible that I will be getting enough funds working part time to take care of my monthly expenditure.
In short - no. Currently you can only work on campus and part time which means you will gross around $800 a month. Rent, food, travel costs etc will be more than that.

Also, you must proove to the visa officer that you have enough funds to cover tuition AND living expenses, when you apply for the visa.

and is it easy to get your 1 year work permit ( after 1 yr course ) extended . I am planning this may 2014 and have scored 7.5 bands . plz help ... I dont wanna possibly end being stuck up in toronto .
It depends on the length of the program. If you start in may and graduate in december, that's 8 months of study and you MIGHT get an 8 month PGWP. If you start in September and graduate in April, you MIGHT get one year PGWP. It also depends on which school you attend.

PGWP is a one time offer. If you want to stay you will have to find an employer willing to help you with applying for LMO. Once you have that, you can apply for a new WP.