+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best province for part time jobs

dreameasy218

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

I have seen a lot of Indian students going especially to Ontario for their studies.I have also noticed that most of the students go with reputed names like Humber, seneca and george brown college.

I believe that the ultimate reason for choosing those colleges is to get good education,find part time jobs and also to secure a PR. ;D..

However,I do not understand why people do not opt for other provinces like Alberta,Vancouver and Manitoba.Is it because the education provided there is not satisfactory??

Or, Is it because of shortage of jobs or difficulties in obtaining a PR once the education is completed.

Lets discuss and educate ourselves to make sure that we consider all other options before blindly going for one province..

:)

Reactions: menal

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
dreameasy218 said:
Hello Friends,

I have seen a lot of Indian students going especially to Ontario for their studies.I have also noticed that most of the students go with reputed names like Humber, seneca and george brown college.

I believe that the ultimate reason for choosing those colleges is to get good education,find part time jobs and also to secure a PR. ;D..

However,I do not understand why people do not opt for other provinces like Alberta,Vancouver and Manitoba.Is it because the education provided there is not satisfactory??

Or, Is it because of shortage of jobs or difficulties in obtaining a PR once the education is completed.

Lets discuss and educate ourselves to make sure that we consider all other options before blindly going for one province..

:)
Your question is excellent. There are lot of opportunities in other provinces too. But you know it's blind following (Bhed chal) that every body moves to Ontario and BC. No doubt Ontario is very good province. and has maximum number of colleges and Universities but still Alberta is excellent place to live and work, Low taxes. So is Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Second thing is Consultants. These people will never show you correct path, because they themselves know nothing. Maximum of them are interested in commissions.

There are many more points to discuss, but since I am on mobile, I can't type much.This is an interesting topic to discuss and I hope many other members will participate in this especially those who are currently in Canada.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
I'm surely gonna follow this post. This is really an excellent question for future Canadian students like myself. Being an MaS aspirant, I need a thorough discussion about the provinces and part time job availabilities over there. There is much difference between the real time scenarios and what we hear from others especially the so called consultants. This is my earnest request to all the senior members that plz take part in this discussion. Lets make Canada readily available for each one of us.

Cheers

dreameasy218

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @ ms.mech and sksincanada for encouraging our respected senior members to post..

As our goal is to take informed decisions rather than going by the consultants advice (which i believe is not always correct)

Even i am in the process of applying for 2014 intake... :)

So,Any information that comes in would be helpful to the entire fraternity..

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
1.Ontario
2.BC
3.Alberta
4.SK
5.Manitoba

sulav787

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
File Transfer...
in process since April 22nd 2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
i hope not!!
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in canada
best province for part time jobs would be without doubt alberta or saskatchewan...

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Ontario is amazing for part time jobs without a doubt. Especially South Ontario. 80% of the industries are located there due to close proximity of United States and the financial hub of Toronto.

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Part-time jobs are the jobs which student look while their studies.
As we know first 6 months student are not allowed to work in Canada.
But still student start working in Cash.
Cash job is mostly available in big cities like Toronto and Vancouver.
I personally visited Winnipeg in Manitoba, Calgary and Edmonton in Alberta and Regina in Saskatchewan
And i live in Toronto.
So i know about the part-time and full-time job market.
According to me, Best place for student on study permit is Toronto and Vancouver.
Then they should move to Calgary and Edmonton [ stating by the PR rules and job standard].
Unemployment is increasing in Manitoba.
Saskatchewan- It is nice province. But if i have option. I prefer to go in more developed cities like calgary and edmonton.
I won't stay back in Toronto or Vancouver on PGWP because i'm thinking for Long-term. In this province loads of people apply for PR.
So want to stay far from huge competition. And the cities are very expensive. To buy house in future and for settling i need to have high-paying job in ON and BC.

It is totally my view.
So please don't compare.

Good Luck.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
aman singh said:
I personally visited Winnipeg in Manitoba, Calgary and Edmonton in Alberta and Regina in Saskatchewan
And i live in Toronto.
According to me, Best place for student on study permit is Toronto and Vancouver.
Then they should move to Calgary and Edmonton [ stating by the PR rules and job standard].
Saskatchewan- It is nice province. But if i have option. I prefer to go in more developed cities like calgary and edmonton.
I won't stay back in Toronto or Vancouver on PGWP because i'm thinking for Long-term. In this province loads of people apply for PR.
So want to stay far from huge competition. And the cities are very expensive. To buy house in future and for settling i need to have high-paying job in ON and BC.

It is totally my view.
So please don't compare.

Good Luck.
Thank you for enlightenment!!
First of all, Does the 6 month rule for the students with study permit applies for every province?
As you stated you would prefer to move to Admenton after getting PGWP , is it possible? I mean If I complete my Masters from Ontario.
Which state do you think is easiest amongst the others in terms of applying for PR?
As far as I know one can't move to other province, the only option is to stay in the province where one completes his PG. Am I right?

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
sksincanada said:
Thank you for enlightenment!!
First of all, Does the 6 month rule for the students with study permit applies for every province?
As you stated you would prefer to move to Admenton after getting PGWP , is it possible? I mean If I complete my Masters from Ontario.
Which state do you think is easiest amongst the others in terms of applying for PR?
As far as I know one can't move to other province, the only option is to stay in the province where one completes his PG. Am I right?
6 months +45days rule is applicable all over canada.

And yes, you can move to anywhere in canada, after getting PGWP.

Best of Luck.

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aman singh said:
And i live in Toronto.

It is totally my view.
So please don't compare.

Good Luck.
i have some questions???
can people work for cash during the first 6 months?
can they earn enough to cover their living expenses?what part time jobs do we normally have to do?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
yes you can work for cash but it is illegal and strictly prohibited. If you are somehow caught you will be told to get out.

Part time jobs are working in shops AND SEVERAL OTHER WORKS.

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
dipta said:
yes you can work for cash but it is illegal and strictly prohibited. If you are somehow caught you will be told to get out.

Part time jobs are working in shops AND SEVERAL OTHER WORKS.
Hey I've heard that from jan 2014 one would get the part time work visa on arrival itself. Lets suppose I join MS course in January will I be able to work immediately according to the new rule?