upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Moon_115 said:
The online average time is widely inaccurate. 13 months!! Our files are pending since double this time! We aren't expecting any news before December, 2017. That's what I feel. In one forum I read that one may 2015 applicant withdrew the application and resubmitted it coz new applications are being processed much faster than the backlog. The backlog is kept pending I dunno until when. We want to reunite with our second half. It's really unfair to keep us waiting for years while FSW applications are being processed in 6 months. So heartbreaking
Moon_115, Allah ykoon b3awnik w 3awn l jamee3 but be optimistic. Please do not ever think about withdrawing and resubmitting your application. We should expect good news inshallah before the summer. I know how heartbreaking and frustrating it is. It is torturing for me and my husband. He lost his job in October and since then he is not able to find a job. No one is willing to hire him because they think he may leave them any day when he gets the visa. They want him to sign at least 6 months contract and of course he can't. He spent all money he had saved for his travel and now it is miserable for both of us financially and emotionally. He can't sleep at night and always stressed. But we are trying to be patient and all we can do is pray. Maybe God will listen to us one day.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Thank you so much for the info its gd to know. When was the first time u ordered the notes? How long do they stay working on security check? How long has it been for u in security check? That is frustrating to see how they work in short periods of time.

Nchalla kheir with ur application.. be patient and nchalla u will hear gd news ra7 l ktir w be2e l 2alil... hope u will hear gd news sooner than u think!! And be strong!!

I_Miss_Him said:
Hi Noor,

GCMS notes come from ATIP, the Access to Information and Privacy department of CIC. They do not come from the visa office in Beirut. I received my second GCMS notes last week. They do not put expected date to finish the application. But if you order GCMS notes more than once, you kind of start seeing a pattern and get an idea on how fast they are working.
In my case, I noticed that they tend to put my application for 2 months in PA (The storage of our applications). Then after the 2 months, they work for one or 2 weeks maximum and then they dump it in PA again for another 2 months. In my case, the last time they touched the file was early January so I do not expect them to start working on it again until early March. Giving them 1 to 2 weeks. I would say end of March hopefully they will finish the security check and send it for the final signature. I expect the passport request sometime from mid April to end of April.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
noors33 said:
Thank you so much for the info its gd to know. When was the first time u ordered the notes? How long do they stay working on security check? How long has it been for u in security check? That is frustrating to see how they work in short periods of time.

Nchalla kheir with ur application.. be patient and nchalla u will hear gd news ra7 l ktir w be2e l 2alil... hope u will hear gd news sooner than u think!! And be strong!!
Inshallah 5eir. Allah yism3 minnik. I ordered the first GCMS notes on the 15 of December and received them on the 12 of January. Then on the same day, I ordered the second one and received it last week.

As for security check, there is one important thing to know is when they say we are working on the background check, they mean Criminality + Security test. They usually do the criminality test first because it is faster and depends on the police record you submit. It may be a matter of one week. They may redo the criminality test once again just before giving the visa.
The security test takes much longer and it is case dependent. It depends whether you served in military or traveled to other countries and whether other people with the same name caused trouble. I read on another forum that it takes between 2 months and 6 months, an average of 3 months.
On GCMS notes they hide information about the security test (They leave it blank) so I can't tell how long they have been working on it but I can estimate that they started mine some time in December. The reason of this estimate is, usually when they have not started a step, they write "Not Started" on the GCMS notes. As soon as they start it, they change the status to "In process". For the security test, it shows that the status changed from Not stated to blank on my first GCMS notes. This means they started it back then and they are hiding information. If I assume it is going to take 6 months, this brings me to around end of April or beginning of May. Which is what I said I expect in my previous post according to the pattern I noticed.

I would also like to note that they told me they started the background check in August but I found that they put away the file for some reason until November.

fjay

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
Moon_115, Allah ykoon b3awnik w 3awn l jamee3 but be optimistic. Please do not ever think about withdrawing and resubmitting your application. We should expect good news inshallah before the summer. I know how heartbreaking and frustrating it is. It is torturing for me and my husband. He lost his job in October and since then he is not able to find a job. No one is willing to hire him because they think he may leave them any day when he gets the visa. They want him to sign at least 6 months contract and of course he can't. He spent all money he had saved for his travel and now it is miserable for both of us financially and emotionally. He can't sleep at night and always stressed. But we are trying to be patient and all we can do is pray. Maybe God will listen to us one day.
Wow you are so informative! You provide us with so mich information thank you. I honestly know how you feel . I gave birth 5 months ago to our son and my husband still hasnt seen him:( we emailed them many times explaining our situation and because it is at background check its out of their hands. I havent seen my husband fir a year but the application has been submitted for exactly two years. Distance is so hard :( i wish we all hear something very soon. After a while you get tired of checking your emails all the time and the status of the application

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
I_Miss_Him said:
Sad to hear such stories! Seriously.. May we hear good news soon :( we aren't thinking to withdraw the application and resubmit it again but was sharing with u guys one story.. we are trying daily to be optimistic and maybe this delay is good for both of us since God knows more than we do. It's hard to be away from ur second half but we can do nothing but wait.. Just try to believe that God is holding the best for us and this delay is maybe for a good reason.

seham

Jan 24, 2017
BilalAyb said:
Fjay

Don't lose hope, his case was delayed bc there was an error his his wife sponsor application, so it was a special case ..did ur husband travel? Or live in other countries? ..
I am actually wondering if we could contact canada Boarder Services Agency , maybe they just have our applications done and its forgotten there in their storage.
I've contacted CBSA multiple times and they won't provide any information. My husbands application has been with them since April 2016

seham

Jan 24, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
Inshallah 5eir. Allah yism3 minnik. I ordered the first GCMS notes on the 15 of December and received them on the 12 of January. Then on the same day, I ordered the second one and received it last week.

As for security check, there is one important thing to know is when they say we are working on the background check, they mean Criminality + Security test. They usually do the criminality test first because it is faster and depends on the police record you submit. It may be a matter of one week. They may redo the criminality test once again just before giving the visa.
The security test takes much longer and it is case dependent. It depends whether you served in military or traveled to other countries and whether other people with the same name caused trouble. I read on another forum that it takes between 2 months and 6 months, an average of 3 months.
On GCMS notes they hide information about the security test (They leave it blank) so I can't tell how long they have been working on it but I can estimate that they started mine some time in December. The reason of this estimate is, usually when they have not started a step, they write "Not Started" on the GCMS notes. As soon as they start it, they change the status to "In progress". For the security test, it shows that the status changed from Not stated to blank on my first GCMS notes. This means they started it back then and they are hiding information. If I assume it is going to take 6 months, this brings me to around end of April or beginning of May. Which is what I said I expect in my previous post according to the pattern I noticed.

I would also like to note that they told me they started the background check in August but I found that they put away the file for some reason until November.
Inshallah he gets it before then. When did you start the application process?

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
seham said:
I've contacted CBSA multiple times and they won't provide any information. My husbands application has been with them since April 2016

Seham what was their response?

Some senior member on another forum told me if i wanna be pro active about my application i should contact CSIS and ask them if they sent my application to IRCC ..problem is they never mentioned anything about CSIS ..they said " your application is undergoing security verifications which is conducted by CBSA"

seham

Jan 24, 2017
BilalAyb said:

Some senior member on another forum told me if i wanna be pro active about my application i should contact CSIS and ask them if they sent my application to IRCC ..problem is they never mentioned anything about CSIS ..they said " your application is undergoing security verifications which is conducted by CBSA"
They've told me to contact immigration... The emails I've sent my MP, the Embassy in Beirut and CIC here in Canada say the same thing about security verifications. Some say to contact to be sure your file isn't forgotten and others say it holds up the process. How long have you been waiting for?

BilalAyb

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
01-06-2016
Passport Req..
28-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ..
LANDED..........
Waiting..
seham said:
They've told me to contact immigration... The emails I've sent my MP, the Embassy in Beirut and CIC here in Canada say the same thing about security verifications. Some say to contact to be sure your file isn't forgotten and others say it holds up the process. How long have you been waiting for?
Applicant since November 2015 but i think background check since August 2016..

Some memeber told me to contact CSIS and ask them if they sent the application to IRCC ..coz in many cases they already have sent it and the application is sitting at IRCC office.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
seham said:
Inshallah he gets it before then. When did you start the application process?
Inshallah. I sent the application end of December 2015

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
BilalAyb said:

Hi Bilal,

on another thread I read the following referring to security checks:

"This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. "

So I think either CBSA is one of those agencies that directly conducts checks, or it is the main agency that orders those agencies to conduct the checks on it's behalf and the result goes to CBSA which in turns gives the visa office the green light to grant the visas.

Reference:
http :// www. canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0 .html

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
seham said:
Has anyone tried applying for an open work permit for their spouse?

Open work permit is for inland applications. This means your spouse should be able to come to Canada first either as a visitor or with student visa, then when he/she is in Canada, you submit an inland spousal sponsorship an application along with an application for open work permit. If your spouse is from Lebanon and you apply for a visitor visa, 99% the visitor visa application will be rejected within 48 hours :D . It happened to me because they were not convinced that my husband will go back to Lebanon after his visit is over. This is ideal for people who are able to come to Canada without a visa.

All applications here are outland so I don't think anyone has applied.

seham

Jan 24, 2017
hahahaha within 48 hours :eek:

I misread the information on the site. When I emailed about my app they said I could try to apply for a temporary residence visa but there is no guarantee he will be approved. Hopefully you hear something soon.