+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been stuck on background check

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
when you guys say background check do you mean that you guys did not submit police clearance with your application? my husband submitted his police clearance from one country he lived in and then we were asked to submit it from another country where he has lived for over 6 months and after we did that we were told to give finger prints and medical and now we have been told our case is being forwarded to London. Prior to all this I got an email telling me that I meet the eligibility criteria to sponsor. so, my question is did you guys submit the police clearance with the application or later and how long have you been waiting for to hear back from London office? thanks
hi i submitted my police clearance together with my application but there is no BGC update on my gckey, Im Manila VO

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
It doesn't matter. I check for my husband :) I THINK they start bgc around 1 or 2 months after the medical? That was our timeline anyways.
when you say background clearance do you mean that you did not submit police clearance with your application?

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
In general, the bgc starts after medical is passed
i see. thx.
i tried linking my application using GC key but it says application does not exist although when i check using login it gives me updates like medical report received etc. any idea what i can do to see real time status of my application and did any of you have trouble linking your application using GC key? thanks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
i see. thx.
i tried linking my application using GC key but it says application does not exist although when i check using login it gives me updates like medical report received etc. any idea what i can do to see real time status of my application and did any of you have trouble linking your application using GC key? thanks
Try this :

ForumsFamily Class Sponsorship

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

Unwatch Thread
12345Next >
  1. Christie1020Newbie

#1Aug 6, 2017 at 12:57 AM
    Hey Everyone
    I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    (2) Click on continue to Gckey
    (3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
    (4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
    (5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
    (6) Then select Application Number and Family name
    (7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THISFORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
    (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fillCITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
    (9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
    (10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
    (11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
    (12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
    (13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
did u send your police clearance with your application?
yes please i lived in malaysia i got police certificate that i have submitted after that i got police certicate from pakistan thats submitted too now my case in london ofc still process but the the background check start is not yet.and eligibilety is not yet too.

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
Try this :

thank you so much. this actually worked, but this actually has less information posted about the application than the login account surprisingly.
ForumsFamily Class Sponsorship

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

Unwatch Thread
12345Next >
  1. Christie1020Newbie

#1Aug 6, 2017 at 12:57 AM
    Hey Everyone
    I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    (2) Click on continue to Gckey
    (3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
    (4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
    (5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
    (6) Then select Application Number and Family name
    (7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THISFORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
    (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fillCITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
    (9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
    (10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
    (11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
    (12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
    (13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
yes please i lived in malaysia i got police certificate that i have submitted after that i got police certicate from pakistan thats submitted too now my case in london ofc still process but the the background check start is not yet.and eligibilety is not yet too.
so ya, my husband also had to get his police clearance from Pakistan and UAE. after he sent in the police clearance from UAE they sent us the finger print request and then the medical within a day and then we received a message saying medical reports received and your file is now moved to london.

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
so ya, my husband also had to get his police clearance from Pakistan and UAE. after he sent in the police clearance from UAE they sent us the finger print request and then the medical within a day and then we received a message saying medical reports received and your file is now moved to london.
Same process me same my file is in london since 3 month.

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
Same process me same my file is in london since 3 month.
so, the last message on your GC key acc is background check?

no message saying final decision?

any idea how long it takes after the account displays final decision

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Same here
London received our application in July and we have not gotten any update for almost six months now .. even background check has not started as well , so I did email LVO to follow up and I’m waiting for their reply