+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been stuck on background check

amnat16

Jul 16, 2017
Hey,
I applied for my husband's immigration in April 2018 and for the past 2-3 months, every time I've checked our online account for the application it is has been stuck on "we have not started your background check, we will send you a message when this changes". It has completed everything else and now the background and final decision remain. But I wanted to ask why it has been stuck on the same phase for 2-3 months, I've received no emails nothing, just the same screen everyday. Also, does it matter if I check my husband's online account or does he have to himself?
Thanks

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
We are February 2018 applicants and our background check started two days ago. Roughly at the 11 month mark. We had received the pre-arrival services letter on October 13th. I don’t think you should worry.

I also check my husband’s account, I dont’t think it matters.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
It doesn't matter. I check for my husband :) I THINK they start bgc around 1 or 2 months after the medical? That was our timeline anyways.

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
It doesn't matter. I check for my husband :) I THINK they start bgc around 1 or 2 months after the medical? That was our timeline anyways.
It really depends, they started 8 months after our med

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It really depends, they started 8 months after our med
i feel better when i look at this comment, my wife's BGC has not started since medical was done in August. Hopefully, our application is going to be done within 12 months processing time.

Bahar Ali

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hey,
I applied for my husband's immigration in April 2018 and for the past 2-3 months, every time I've checked our online account for the application it is has been stuck on "we have not started your background check, we will send you a message when this changes". It has completed everything else and now the background and final decision remain. But I wanted to ask why it has been stuck on the same phase for 2-3 months, I've received no emails nothing, just the same screen everyday. Also, does it matter if I check my husband's online account or does he have to himself?
Thanks
same satuation to me.Still process.we applied in june 2018.

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
Can someone guide me as to how I can check my application status or background check?
Where do you go to see if they are at background check?
My spouse sent in his application from Pakistan in August 2018 and since then he has already given his finger prints and medical. They have updated the online account saying medical results received and I received an email saying file sent to London office. what is next and how do I know where I stand in this process?

31chill

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
hi everyone when you say Backgtound check is it different that they let you comply the police clearance? thank you

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
when you guys say background check do you mean that you guys did not submit police clearance with your application? my husband submitted his police clearance from one country he lived in and then we were asked to submit it from another country where he has lived for over 6 months and after we did that we were told to give finger prints and medical and now we have been told our case is being forwarded to London. Prior to all this I got an email telling me that I meet the eligibility criteria to sponsor. so, my question is did you guys submit the police clearance with the application or later and how long have you been waiting for to hear back from London office? thanks