+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC tech pilot

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hi guys,

I have a question about BC tech pilot. Is it still open or has it been suspended? My brother is a computer engineer with 10 years of experience. He doesn't have an IELTS result though, and I found that he can apply to this program regardless.
If it is open, how many points should he try to score (if he gets a job offer, that is)?

Also, for other BC PNP programs is LMIA mandatory or is it also exempted?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That's only for the tech program, right? or is LMIA not required at all by BC?
Also, is 88 points for tech draw good or not enough? I found little info regarding previous draws.
All the information is the the BC PNP Program Guide on the website. Can't say if 88 is good but since you will have the job offer signed off from the employer and employer meets requirements then you should be in a good position.

Reactions: Talal205

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
Thank you for the clarification. I should mention that this question is for my brother as he is the tech guy :D.
I, on the other hand, am an accountant. And as I did not find LMIA to be a requirement on the website (even for non-tech programs) I felt like asking here for confirmation.
The only problem is since 1111 is regulated I won't be able to get a job offer, and even if I got one for 1311 I can't claim points since my previous experience is in another NOC (albeit very related).

jaskaran0022

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
You need a job offer from Employer based in BC Canada, then you can proceed BC Tech case. There are 29 NOC Check list of NOC's on official website.

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
You need a job offer from Employer based in BC Canada, then you can proceed BC Tech case. There are 29 NOC Check list of NOC's on official website.
Thank you, I know I do. My brother is contacting employers and it shouldn't be very hard for him to get one with his rich experience.

As or non tech NOCs, especially my NOC, it is kinda hard, unfortunately.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you, I know I do. My brother is contacting employers and it shouldn't be very hard for him to get one with his rich experience.

As or non tech NOCs, especially my NOC, it is kinda hard, unfortunately.
All the best. Getting a job offer without work authorization can be difficult. The employer needs to show that no Canadian or PR could be hired and that they meet the BC PNP requirements and are willing to support the application.

Talal205

Star Member
Feb 3, 2021
All the best. Getting a job offer without work authorization can be difficult. The employer needs to show that no Canadian or PR could be hired and that they meet the BC PNP requirements and are willing to support the application.
Thank you. Just to be sure that applies for BC PNP program, while tech draw is excluded from all that, right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Just to be sure that applies for BC PNP program, while tech draw is excluded from all that, right?
No tech draw is not excluded. Job offer form filled by employer still needs to provide information (posting job) that they tried to recruit locally or if they went through the LMIA process and were refused. All on the website.

O_R_E_O

Aug 3, 2021
PL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-07-2021
pnp tech nominated applicants (29 nocs) are exempt from lmia