+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP SEPTEMBER 2017 applicants join here

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Just to share my timeline for EEBC- skill worker for NOC0:
Submit intent: Nov 28, 2017
ITA: Dec 6, 2017
Applied: Dec 22, 2017
Nominated: Jan 3, 2018 (nomination certificate not received but email from CIC and 600 points already updated)

Got a call from BC. Chat for a while and they were concerned that I will not reside in BC. At end of the call, he indicated that he will approve the nomination and shortly thereafter I received the email. I have my home in the US so they were hesitant.

Gagan0996

Dec 21, 2017
Hi

I am working for an environmental lab and our work is mostly seasonal so a lot of people get laid off. Does this affect the bc pnp nomination decision ?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hi

I am working for an environmental lab and our work is mostly seasonal so a lot of people get laid off. Does this affect the bc pnp nomination decision ?
It depends. Does your stream require a job offer? If yes, do you have a valid job offer and is that job offer for environmental lab? Does the job offer say permanent full time or something not indicating that it's seasonal? If you're clear on all of those questions favorably then would your sponsoring employer say the same thing if contacted?

As you can see your information is limited, in my opinion, which leads to more questions. Then again they may not even contact your employer because they did not contact mine. However, they can definitely do so which is why you have to ensure that everything is accurate. I would suggest that you review their program guide on their website which provides detail explanation of what a job offer must contain and which program does not require a job offer.

Good luck.

Gagan0996

Dec 21, 2017
Yes , i need a job offer, i am applying under internatinsl graduate(have PGWP) and my job offer is permanent full time. The only thing i am concerned about is they laid off some casual staff 2 months ago. As they ask about the number of employees laid off in the last 12 months, there will be some people that got laid off in the last 12 months. Does this affect their decision ?

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hi there
Finally got my EE bc pnp nomination on 12 December
Applied on 13 oct
Document requested 02 november
Approval email- 12th December
But nomination letter haven’t received yet
Good luck everyone
Hi,

Did you receive the nomination letter? Is this a separate pdf document or something? I received an email indicating that I have been approved for nomination (decision finalized as well) along with CIC email as well plus the 600 points on my profile. Just wondering if there is an actual nomination certificate that is sent as well.

Thanks.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Yes , i need a job offer, i am applying under internatinsl graduate(have PGWP) and my job offer is permanent full time. The only thing i am concerned about is they laid off some casual staff 2 months ago. As they ask about the number of employees laid off in the last 12 months, there will be some people that got laid off in the last 12 months. Does this affect their decision ?
I get where you're coming from. I believe on that question they're trying to see if the company is laying off Canadian workers and hiring you instead which is not what they want (they have some good info in their manual). I am not sure how they would view this. I haven't read anything about this. However, I think it can possibly be a negative. Unfortunately, I'm not sure but maybe someone else who had this kind of experience can chime in.

Meenu77

Jan 2, 2018
It depends. Does your stream require a job offer? If yes, do you have a valid job offer and is that job offer for environmental lab? Does the job offer say permanent full time or something not indicating that it's seasonal? If you're clear on all of those questions favorably then would your sponsoring employer say the same thing if contacted?

As you can see your information is limited, in my opinion, which leads to more questions. Then again they may not even contact your employer because they did not contact mine. However, they can definitely do so which is why you have to ensure that everything is accurate. I would suggest that you review their program guide on their website which provides detail explanation of what a job offer must contain and which program does not require a job offer.

Good luck.
Which all streams ( NOC) doesn't require job offer in BC ? Please clarify.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Which all streams ( NOC) doesn't require job offer in BC ? Please clarify.
Skill Immigration - International Post-Graduate stream. I believe that the applicant must have graduated from a BC institution within specific programs. I would suggest that you consult the program guide as it provides specific details. I have not applied to this category so I have limited knowledge about this. Maybe someone with more knowledge can provide any additional information.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hi,

Did you receive the nomination letter? Is this a separate pdf document or something? I received an email indicating that I have been approved for nomination (decision finalized as well) along with CIC email as well plus the 600 points on my profile. Just wondering if there is an actual nomination certificate that is sent as well.

Thanks.
Nevermind. I received the certificate of nomination today in a separate email.

Meenu77

Jan 2, 2018
Skill Immigration - International Post-Graduate stream. I believe that the applicant must have graduated from a BC institution within specific programs. I would suggest that you consult the program guide as it provides specific details. I have not applied to this category so I have limited knowledge about this. Maybe someone with more knowledge can provide any additional information.
Thanks for responding.

Luketama1

Dec 14, 2017
Guys. I have a problem im hoping you can help me with. I started with my employer as NOC 7235 (plate metal fabricator) and worked im that position for 8 months. They then promoted me to a management position. They said they will make me a job offer for NOC 7235 because they want to keep me at the company. My questions is. Do i need to go back to my first position while my application is approved? Or can i keep working as a manager until it is approved. Then go back to my roll.

Hope that makes sense.

ensatir

Dec 26, 2017
Hey guys,

I have gained my Masters degree at UBC. Under International post graduate pathway, i dont need a job offer either any language requirements. So should I apply right away ?

Thank you so much

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I have gained my Masters degree at UBC. Under International post graduate pathway, i dont need a job offer either any language requirements. So should I apply right away ?

Thank you so much
I would say if you meet the requirements then why wait unless you would/have a good score for direct EE.