+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
hi all! i am filling out the application, and has came across 2 questions.

1. have you previously visited canada within the last 10 years? i am not quite sure about this one, and i have been living and studying in canada for almost 6 years. so?
2. what is your level of english language proficiency? good, moderate, something like that. but how can i evaluate myself based on what standards? or just pick the one that i think i am?

thank you very much!

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Rochellelee said:
hi all! i am filling out the application, and has came across 2 questions.

1. have you previously visited canada within the last 10 years? i am not quite sure about this one, and i have been living and studying in canada for almost 6 years. so?
2. what is your level of english language proficiency? good, moderate, something like that. but how can i evaluate myself based on what standards? or just pick the one that i think i am?

thank you very much!
1. Obviously you should answer yes... and if they ask you about entry date, exit date and purposes, just look into your passport to provide them with the correct information.

2. This is for information and statistics purpose only. Write whatever you feel like. You should answer good since you've been in Canada for many years already.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Chibuz said:
hi guys,

Is it really possible to get hold of BC pnp via the phone? Anyone reached them via the phone.

I tried all day but never got through. They wanted me to drop a message instead.

Thanks
no...You can only send email, or you can actually go visit them at their office in person. It's on Robson Street.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
louis0115 said:
I am currently considering Skills Immigration - International Graduate stream, I was wondering if anyone could give some suggestions to my current situation

Q1: I joined my company in the end of June with an offer for a Business Analyst position (NOC A), after three months (September 27) during my probation review, my manager asked me if I would be willing to help another department as they were understaffed. I took his offer and received a new job title (NOC A - 2171). when I was filling out my profile on BC PNP website, there was a page which required my BC Job Offer information. Should I give my Business Analyst information or my new job title?

Q2: I currently do not have any language test results and my current BC PNP score is 80. I want to submit a profile in with no language test results to try my luck while getting my language test done. So if I don't get selected til my language test results come out I can submit a new profile with my language test results. Could anyone kindly suggest if this is a feasible solution. I have two concerns regarding this: 1. If I can't withdraw my application except for waiting it to expire after one year. 2. If I can withdraw, Will it affect my future applications.

Thanks in advance!
1. you should provide the job offer with the title 2171, as this is your current job title.

2. It is a feasible solution. You cannot withdraw voluntarily once you are invited, you can only wait until it passes the expiry date. It will not affect your future applications. But one thing you should know, BCPNP will prioritize applicants with a valid and good English test results. Personal experience taught me that in general, applicants with an exceptional language skills (CLB 9 or higher) receive their nomination very quickly. Some within 2 weeks of application submission, some within a month.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
vivianig said:
Skilled Immigration
Applicants under this stream are not required to submit language test results.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Re: Post graduate open work permit for BCPNP

redgreatwall said:
I have another question about our Post Graduate Open Work Permit for BCPNP.
Is this one like: you have a valid work permit from IRCC and are currently working full-time for the supporting B.C. employer in the occupation identified in the job offer

otherwise, your employer can provide evidence of a genuine and bona fide effort to recruit from the domestic labor market and is able to demonstrate the results of efforts, such as advertisements based on the following minimum requirement:
b) For NOC Skill Level B occupations recruitment advertisement must be at least 14 days.

For Post Graduate Open Work Permit holder, does the employer need to demonstrate the results of efforts of advertisement?
Or we do not need?
Your employer doesn't need to conduct active recruitment if you are currently working at this work location with your PGWP.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Chibuz said:
As far as I know, BCPNP (not EE) does not require IELTS ???. I stand to be corrected though
you need to submit English test results if your ob title falls under NOC B group or lower.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Nas_AA said:
Question,

I have applied under the SI International Graduate, if I got accepted, I need to renew my work permit as it expires in March next year. Since my application will be under Federal, how long will it take to receive the AOR?

Also can I apply to extend my current Open work permit or should I apply for a Closed work permit ?

Thanks
It could take some time to receive an AOR...but I'm sure you can extend your Open Work Permit.

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
mikko008 said:
1. Obviously you should answer yes... and if they ask you about entry date, exit date and purposes, just look into your passport to provide them with the correct information.

2. This is for information and statistics purpose only. Write whatever you feel like. You should answer good since you've been in Canada for many years already.
Many thanks to your reply! But i am sorry, maybe I didn't explain clear enough, but I never ever held a visitor visa for coming to Canada at all, my first time to enter Canada was in 2009, but since then I never left Canada until now which I'm apply for permanent residency. Within these years, of course yes, I did leave Canada for somewhere else, but none of them is permanently leave though. Still yes?

tantantan

Nov 19, 2016
Hi All,
I'm applying the BCpnp Express Entry-International student. But I got an e-mail of "procedural fairness", they are concerned about the job offer form information.
The reason is my boss can not speak English, so when she answered "Are there any language requirement other than English and French for this position?" She chose yes. She needs a person who can speak Chinese to interpret between her and employees. She also did an explanation letter to explain that only because she couldn't speak English, so she needed one person can understand and help her do the management. All of other employees are all Canadians. But the pnp officer still think that being fluent in Chinese isn't a requirement for this position and the pnp program isn't considering the business needs.
So will it inluent my application result?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Rochellelee said:
Many thanks to your reply! But i am sorry, maybe I didn't explain clear enough, but I never ever held a visitor visa for coming to Canada at all, my first time to enter Canada was in 2009, but since then I never left Canada until now which I'm apply for permanent residency. Within these years, of course yes, I did leave Canada for somewhere else, but none of them is permanently leave though. Still yes?
From my understanding, as long as you left and re-enter Canada, you should indicate them in the application. For example, in my case, I first came to Vancouver in 2008 and have been living here until the present time but went back home to visit several times in between; so I still told them the date (check the stamps on your passport) and reason (i.e. resuming my studies in Canada) for each time I left and re-enter Canada (I remembered they asked for the last three times or so).

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
tantantan said:
Hi All,
I'm applying the BCpnp Express Entry-International student. But I got an e-mail of "procedural fairness", they are concerned about the job offer form information.
The reason is my boss can not speak English, so when she answered "Are there any language requirement other than English and French for this position?" She chose yes. She needs a person who can speak Chinese to interpret between her and employees. She also did an explanation letter to explain that only because she couldn't speak English, so she needed one person can understand and help her do the management. All of other employees are all Canadians. But the pnp officer still think that being fluent in Chinese isn't a requirement for this position and the pnp program isn't considering the business needs.
So will it inluent my application result?
OMG, someone has to deal with the Bona Fide Occupational Requirements again.... It is rather a very complicated issue. As a human Resources Management graduate, I was taught to use some sort of tests to assist company HR in determining whether a job requirement is Bona Fide or not. In general, a job requirement is considered Bona fide if it satisfies all of the following criteria:

1. The job requirement policy was adopted for a purpose or goal that is rationally connected to performing the job
2. The job requirement policy was adopted in good faith, in the belief that it is necessary to fulfill a legitimate work-related purpose
3. The job requirement policy is reasonably necessary to accomplish the work-related purpose. To show that the standard is reasonably necessary, employers must show that it is impossible to accommodate individual employees sharing the characteristics of the claimant without imposing an undue hardship upon the employer.

what I need to ask is, which NOC did you use and what are your detailed job duties on your employment letter?

To quote your words, your manager claims that She needs a person who can speak Chinese to interpret between her and employees. With this being said, speaking Chinese would only be considered a Bona Fide Occupational Requirement to me IF your job title in the job offer is translator/interpreter (NOC 5125). However, she also said, I quote, She also did an explanation letter to explain that only because she couldn't speak English, so she needed one person can understand and help her do the management. From this sentence, your job title could be one of 1241, 1221, and 1222; if this is the case, it is never easy to convince the officer that the job duties of such NOCs can ONLY BE performed and carried out by someone who has the ability to speak Chinese (i.e. a native English speaker will meet no obstacles when performing the jobs of an office administrative assistant); hence, speaking Chinese cannot be considered Bona Fide.

However, speaking Chinese does seem important in your case, since the person to whom you directly report speaks only Chinese. But again, if this is the case, we are back to the question concerning NOC Code choice... Because the majority of your daily routine and essential job duties would be translating your manager's ideas from one language to another in verbal and written forms for other coworkers of yours.

Anyways, in my opinion, when responding to this inquiry from the officer, you can use this format to explain your situation. You can write something like this:

In my defense, this job requirement was adopted for a purpose or goal that is rationally connected to performing the job. Since the person whom I directly report to does not speak English, speaking Chinese is definitely rationally connected to performing the job duties. For the very same reason, it is also a requirement that's necessary to fulfill a legitimate work-related purpose (i.e. facilitating the communications in between the manager and other co-workers).

In my own application, I did not put a foreign language as one of the job requirements, despite the fact that I, from time to time, need to conduct internal written and verbal translation from another language to English. In fact, 95% of our company's clientele are non-English speakers and I do need to communicate with clients on a daily basis; even so, I'm still not confident that I can convince the officer that speaking the language indeed is a bona fide job requirement.... For future references, one should never include a foreign language as a Bona Fide Occupational Requirement in the job description as it will no only complicate one's application, it may also put the employer in a dangerous position as they may be imposed questions from the labor department.

I sincerely hope it'll help in some ways. Again, never, never, never ever put down a foreign language as a job requirement unless you are a foreign langauge teacher or interpreter.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
mikko008 said:
you need to submit English test results if your ob title falls under NOC B group or lower.
To apply for the SI international Postgraduate I don't need the English test.

However, after getting nominated and ready to make the paper application to CIC, do I need the English test? I mean is the test part of the requirement I have to submit to CIC when I make the paper application.

Thanks