BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RV23 said:
Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between Express entry BC PNP for international graduates and BC PNP for international graduates?
Hi RV23, a couple key differences between the two are:

1. For EEBC - International Graduate, you have to meet the eligibility criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker program, Fedeal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class). You can check your eligibility here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp. For Skills Immigration - International Graduate, you do not need to meet that eligibility criteria. The key difference that I found is for EEBC - International Graduate, you need job experience while Skills Immigration - International Graduate category doesn't require any job experience.

2. The Language requirement is lower for Skills Immigration - International Graduate, which is CLB 4 in all competencies (listening, reading, writing and speaking).

The rule of thumb is to try to register for EEBC - International Graduate since the processing time for EEBC in general is much faster in both Provincial and Federal levels. If you're not eligible for EEBC category, then go for the Skills Immigrations category.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
yansenwong

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kalodighi said:
Hi guys..

I have a question regarding the new PNP system.. as they made it online system.. my question is

1. Once I create my profile online, can i change it or update or amend it later? like update my IELTS score, job positions etc..

I did not sit for IELTS yet but I want to create my profile . What do you suggest? I am asking this on behalf of my friend.. She is preparing for her BCPNP application, but confused about few things.

Any suggestion is appreciated .. Thanks a lot...
Hi kalodighi,

After you created your profile, you wouldn't be able to edit/modify it. If you want to update/change your information, you have to withdraw first and create a new profile.

Cheers,
yansenwong

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
Guys please add yur cases to BC PNP Tracker
Hi andy108,

Thanks for letting us know. Looking at the fields in the tracker you provided, it seems like that tracker is more appropriate for the BC PNP program prior to 2016.
We also have our own tracker for 2016 BC PNP program:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bwDe5nXpTLUkb2_9fYZVGPSr_BKXplp0n6O_RltVJSQ/edit?usp=sharing

I encourage all BC PNP registrants/applicants to join this tracker since it will be useful for current and future applicants, like what andy108 mentioned.

Thanks,
yansenwong

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
yansenwong said:
Hi RV23, a couple key differences between the two are:

1. For EEBC - International Graduate, you have to meet the eligibility criteria for one of the federal economic immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker program, Fedeal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class). You can check your eligibility here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp. For Skills Immigration - International Graduate, you do not need to meet that eligibility criteria. The key difference that I found is for EEBC - International Graduate, you need job experience while Skills Immigration - International Graduate category doesn't require any job experience.

2. The Language requirement is lower for Skills Immigration - International Graduate, which is CLB 4 in all competencies (listening, reading, writing and speaking).

The rule of thumb is to try to register for EEBC - International Graduate since the processing time for EEBC in general is much faster in both Provincial and Federal levels. If you're not eligible for EEBC category, then go for the Skills Immigrations category.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
yansenwong
Thank you. :)

miladfma

Apr 5, 2016
Hi,

My case is very similar to yours. I submitted mine on Feb. 05, 2016 and still waiting for their response. However, I have no clue what happens after approval of nomination. How do I proceed? I could not find information on BC PNP website. CIC only accepts EE applications and I am not eligible for an EE profile since I don't have 1 year full-time work experience yet. I will be able to apply under federal EE in Sept. 2016 though.
What did you do after getting nomination? What other documents are needed?

Thank you :)

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
miladfma said:
Hi,

My case is very similar to yours. I submitted mine on Feb. 05, 2016 and still waiting for their response. However, I have no clue what happens after approval of nomination. How do I proceed? I could not find information on BC PNP website. CIC only accepts EE applications and I am not eligible for an EE profile since I don't have 1 year full-time work experience yet. I will be able to apply under federal EE in Sept. 2016 though.
What did you do after getting nomination? What other documents are needed?

Thank you :)
See here for next step after you receive nomination certificate from BCPNP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-how.asp

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
hi All,

can some one kindly let me know, if any one under the Express entry International graduate stream having 112 points got an invitation to apply for BC PNP.

Thanks & Regards

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nreddy said:
hi All,

can some one kindly let me know, if any one under the Express entry International graduate stream having 112 points got an invitation to apply for BC PNP.

Thanks & Regards
Hi Nreddy, BC PNP hasn't made any draw for the EE - International Graduate stream.

vincentwen

Jul 3, 2013
Hi,

I got the ITA letter and I'm preparing the materials. They require the 'Copy of Express Entry candidacy from CIC'. I searched on the Internet and still was not sure what it is exactly. So far I have received only two letters from CIC about my EE accounts. Is anyone aware how to prepare this document?

Thanks.

theknight

Jan 8, 2015
Merge both documents in one pdf just in case.

I have a question, what is the "employer recommendation letter" ? is it same as the letter of employment, or doest have it to mention that I am good bla bla
can someone please help me?

Thank you

vincentwen

Jul 3, 2013
theknight said:
Merge both documents in one pdf just in case.

I have a question, what is the "employer recommendation letter" ? is it same as the letter of employment, or doest have it to mention that I am good bla bla
can someone please help me?

Thank you
I think basically it's bla bla how good you are. There is an official explanation for the term:

Recommendation letter: The supporting B.C. employer or B.C. Public Health Authority must submit a recommendation letter on behalf of the nominee applicant. This letter should outline why the employer is recommending the nominee applicant for permanent residence, why he or she is suitable for the position, and how he or she would contribute to the company or organization.

So you also received the two letters from CIC? one contains the EE number and Job seeking ID, and the other informing you are successfully in the pool?

theknight

Jan 8, 2015
vincentwen said:
I think basically it's bla bla how good you are. There is an official explanation for the term:

Recommendation letter: The supporting B.C. employer or B.C. Public Health Authority must submit a recommendation letter on behalf of the nominee applicant. This letter should outline why the employer is recommending the nominee applicant for permanent residence, why he or she is suitable for the position, and how he or she would contribute to the company or organization.

So you also received the two letters from CIC? one contains the EE number and Job seeking ID, and the other informing you are successfully in the pool?
Thanks for the explanation.

Yes, I looked around, and it happended before. So the safest choice is to merge the two files pdfmerge.com and attach it as one.

wavered

Feb 23, 2016
Hi folks,

I received an invitation from BC PNP yesterday, but I have a question regarding my status wondering if any of can shed some light. I work as a IT support/NOC 2281, my salary is $24/hr which is lower than median wage $26.5/hr. I am a recent graduate with just under 2 yrs of experience, applying under international graduate category, will they approve my application even if my wage is lower than median wage because I am a recent graduate?

Thank you so much for your time.