fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@ pkefal, quite much of the feeling is mutual. In general it is hard for people to argue only rationally. Seemingly, there is no escape beyond "the low wages" line of argument, which is of course not good but not practiced widely any where, nor any written stats support these opinions.

However, even in the government stances i have seen balance in rationale on both sides. So every one is free to have an opinion and it is easier to just ignore the points that don't support ones ideology.

I have been quite pissed off with the "poor imported foreign worker thoughts" and tired of defending it. Hell, education, living standard, wages (in home country as well as here), most of the foreign workers i see or run into are way better than the picture being portrayed here. May be i am an exception but then others should show stats. All i see reported are isolated events shown as a general stats which frankly i don't accept.

This was generic though and not pointing to any one individually.

Hopefully we will be Canadians one day (not necessarily talking in legal sense) but rather having lived here enough to own the country because you give to the country and gain from it - works both ways - so it will be important to remember the difference between real data vs opinions based upon isolated events.

makel25

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Med's Request
13/03/2014
Med's Done....
17/03/2014
Passport Req..
20/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2014
LANDED..........
13/05/2014
hi guys!! pang good vibes lang!! a friend of mine just land at calgary airport kanina lang at namigyan nmn po ng work permit. hes work is fca at dalawa po clang magksma knina at smooth nmn daw po.. pray lng guys..

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makel25 said:
hi guys!! pang good vibes lang!! a friend of mine just land at calgary airport kanina lang at namigyan nmn po ng work permit. hes work is fca at dalawa po clang magksma knina at smooth nmn daw po.. pray lng guys..
Once again, please speak English. It's the common language to all people on this thread. We want to be able to read your comment too. The information just might be useful to us.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The Tower strikes again...

olinidisu

Apr 15, 2014
qatar
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
AOR Received.
16-04-2014
IELTS Request
NOT YET
Med's Request
NOT YET
VISA ISSUED...
SOON
LANDED..........
SOON
makel25 said:
Hi guys!! Just to lift up our spirits!! A friend of mine just landed at calary airport ahwile ago, and both he and his buddy got their working permit, they're both gonna work as a food counter attendant, and they have passed the immigration smoothly.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Thanks for updated the good news.

kaligayahan

Apr 29, 2014
pkefal said:
and you'll be complaining about the price and the deflation or inflation caused by this. Every action has an equal re-action.
Almost right - "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." - Sir Isaac Newton

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
makel25 said:

yehey! ;D God is Great! ;)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdeleon said:
yehey! ;D God is Great! ;)
If your god is so great, then why won't he get Kenney to stop dragging his feet with this review. Better yet, why wouldn't he prevent the moratorium in the first place. Better yet, why wouldn't he design a much better universe than this so that there would be no need to worry about stuff like surviving and attaining better living standards via immigration.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There has been a Service Canada update yesterday. However, it was just a modification of an existing page about the moratorium. It's hard to tell what changes were made.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

At the bottom of the page, it says that it was last modified on May 8.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
stopDA said:
There has been a Service Canada update yesterday. However, it was just a modification of an existing page about the moratorium. It's hard to tell what changes were made.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

At the bottom of the page, it says that it was last modified on May 8.
I think it's this clarification...

List of all Sales and Services Occupations (Skill type 6 based on NOC-2006) affected under the Food Services Sector only

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I think it's this clarification...
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm beginning to see a pattern here with Service Canada. At the end of every week, they update the TFW-related part of the website to address some of the concerns that people seem to be having. For example, they posted a list of frequently asked questions last Friday and then just clarified their moratorium on food services yesterday. So, I guess this probably means that the moratorium will be lifted on the weekend or near it (like on Thursday or Friday). Well, the moratorium probably isn't going to be lifted today so there's a really good chance that we're going to have to wait another whole week (or possibly much longer).

Kenney said that he'd unveil more changes within a "few weeks", presumably at which time, the moratorium will be lifted. What I'm wondering is whether or not these weeks will turn into months. Kenney is a politician and politicians are notorious for lying and misleading. I find it really hard to trust that "few weeks" statement of his. For all we know, this ongoing review could end up taking 7 months just like some of the LMOs people on this site are waiting for.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1352651/small-businesses-look-to-hire-canadian-workers-first
Dude, your average Canadian won't give a flying toss about Dan Kelly. They're so biased against TFWs because of CBC and its anti-TFW journalism.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
stopDA said:
Kenney said that he'd unveil more changes within a "few weeks",
"Few" is one of those delightful English words that actually means nothing quantitative at all. It could mean "three" (because it's more than a "couple") or it could mean many more (when compared with government planning schedules of years...).