+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Intocanada said:
Training Canadians infact any other country people(in any country) on preparing food is not going to be easy. If it was easy why would these guys hire people using tfw. This is just my opinion and let's leave this topic here. Lets discuss about the lmo or the program.

Regarding Canadians & Canada, I have very good impression. That is reason, I am in this forum.
\

Because they will work for minimum wage.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
PMM said:
Hi

\

Because they will work for minimum wage.
The irony in these recent cases is that they found that the foreign workers were getting paid (on average) 20% more than Canadians were. They were also getting management positions over Canadians. So it wasn't an issue with slave labour. It really was the employer favoring foreign workers over Canadians because they viewed them as better workers. It makes sense since Canadians look at jobs at McDonalds as survival jobs that they will take the first chance to leave that they get while these foreign workers are just happy to be there and more importantly, they cannot leave their jobs without jeopardizing their visa. A bit like an indentured servant. Hence why the employer said they are more "reliable".

Candy85

Jan 4, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2015
Nomination.....
January 15, 2015
AOR Received.
April 7, 2015
File Transfer...
April 3, 2015
Passport Req..
September 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 16,2015
LANDED..........
September 26, 2015
Hi I received letter of approval/authorization to work in food service industry prior to bann but I have not yet entered Canada. Will the new bann prevent me from entering the border?

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=fullcomment.nationalpost.com%2F2014%2F04%2F25%2Fmartin-collacott-time-to-end-canadas-temporary-foreign-worker-program

will this really happen? :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
andreleiangel said:
Is the new rule affect all province ? Or B.C only thanks
All provinces. It's a federal decision.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
As of now - no, it won't be possible. But I think it's reasonable to expect the program will reopen at some point.
When? Will it be next week, next month or next year? We're so screwed right now.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No one knows. @stopDA i totally appreciate your opinion and i have a feeling this is only going to extend to other professions, counter with the argument that you should instead use the express entry program.

The way i see it, for one, it seems like incompetence on government's part to be able to develop a system will fewer crack holes. And when things go wrong and people start chanting slogans, they stash programs on a whim to gain popular support.

For the Canadians who rant about themselves being jobless and TFW taking away there jobs, trying to make it look like low wages is the only reason, it's not. They should go out more and work harder on their own capabilities.

If Canada has enough people to satisfy it's business needs and utilize resources, people would stop coming over irrespective of immigration status if they are not able to find jobs. So it is a two way street.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
No one knows. @ stopDA i totally appreciate your opinion and i have a feeling this is only going to extend to other professions, counter with the argument that you should instead use the express entry program.

The way i see it, for one, it seems like incompetence on government's part to be able to develop a system will fewer crack holes. And when things go wrong and people start chanting slogans, they stash programs on a whim to gain popular support.

For the Canadians who rant about themselves being jobless and TFW taking away there jobs, trying to make it look like low wages is the only reason, it's not. They should go out more and work harder on their own capabilities.

If Canada has enough people to satisfy it's business needs and utilize resources, people would stop coming over irrespective of immigration status if they are not able to find jobs. So it is a two way street.
But there is no express entry for restaurant work. People like me are depending on LMOs followed by provincial nomination to get into Canada. That's pretty much the same as express entry.

I need to know exactly when this lard-ass is going to end this moratorium. But then again, he's not giving us a definite date. All I know is that the NDP will motion to issue a moratorium on the ENTIRE program beginning on Tuesday. That doesn't help me feel any better or more secure.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
stopDA said:
When? Will it be next week, next month or next year? We're so screwed right now.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bad-news-for-tfw-under-food-service-processing-their-lmo-t199334.0.html;msg3075383#msg3075383

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bad-news-for-tfw-under-food-service-processing-their-lmo-t199334.0.html;msg3075383#msg3075383
Months rather than weeks?? OK, this is a bunch of nonsense that they're doing. I went to that link in your other post. There seems to be a "temporary moratorium" on the A-LMO program and as we all know, it's been over a year since the A-LMO has been banned. However, this ban on restaurants is quite severe and unfairly affects a lot of people, so maybe they'll lift the ban sooner than this.

It's one thing to cancel an expedited LMO program but it's another thing to entirely bar an entire sector of the economy from accessing foreign workers. I know for sure that I don't want to wait very long. They better end this ban soon.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
stopDA said:
I don't think any of us here can answer that. Unfortunately it's a "wait and see" situation.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Every single restaurant owner I've talked to here has the same opinion, that it will not last long as the effects will be too radical. I think they know best and that's the common sense. The notion that some Canadians have, that foreign workers are slaves and that they should just raise wages to hire Canadians is just nonsense. No economy can work like that, even less a scarcely populated country with such growth.

Is there anyway we could communicate with/complain to in the government about that? I don't expect much will be done but maybe if a lot of people complain and they have the pressure of businesses as well, they'll think it over

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
beholder69 said:
The notion that some Canadians have, that foreign workers are slaves and that they should just raise wages to hire Canadians is just nonsense.
Again the issue here is that Canadians are upset that foreign workers were paid MORE and favored over Canadian workers. It's not a slave labour thing. It's that employers preferred foreign workers and rather pay them more. Canadians were losing their jobs.

Is there anyway we could communicate with/complain to in the government about that? I don't expect much will be done but maybe if a lot of people complain and they have the pressure of businesses as well, they'll think it over
The people that the government will listen to are Canadians (i.e. "voters"), not foreigners who want to apply for TFW or currently working as a TFW. So the people to convince are your local Canadians. But right now, people see businesses are "greedy" and against the "poor" Canadian worker. The Canadian citizen is angry at big business and the Conservative government (who they view as business friendly over the average worker).

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

beholder69 said:
Every single restaurant owner I've talked to here has the same opinion, that it will not last long as the effects will be too radical. I think they know best and that's the common sense. The notion that some Canadians have, that foreign workers are slaves and that they should just raise wages to hire Canadians is just nonsense. No economy can work like that, even less a scarcely populated country with such growth.

The restaurant owners like the source of cheap labour. If they are unable to obtain overseas TFWs then they would have to increase wages to attract PRs/Canadians. An example, is an Indian restaurant owner with 22 cooks in his 3 restaurants, all TFWs. He claims that he can't find residents for the jobs. Odd with the high percentage of Indians in Canada, that none are cooks?