+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
izahaguilloran11 said:
are the retail trade supervisor or the convenient store also affected with this?
They are now. Check out this link:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know what, to hell with this damn country. It doesn't want us there, so why bother stressing over moving there. I've seen that Canadians against TFW page. If they want these damn jobs so badly, then they can have them.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
A fresh article on tfw

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/employers-must-redouble-on-efforts-to-hire-canadians-first-kenney-1.1794569

ErickNL

Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It definitely seems heavy handed in the way they have no empathy for the people already in the process of coming here. All these plans, funds spend and with no prior warning at all. Seems like the definition of knee-jerk to me. With all the negativity in the news over the last few weeks I figured something was coming, but this was quite the surprise. I hope for all affected that they solve this in a proper and expeditious manner.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Intocanada said:
A fresh article on tfw

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/employers-must-redouble-on-efforts-to-hire-canadians-first-kenney-1.1794569
I actually find this article quite encouraging. At least they understand there will be significant impact from this move

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ErickNL said:
It definitely seems heavy handed in the way they have no empathy for the people already in the process of coming here. All these plans, funds spend and with no prior warning at all. Seems like the definition of knee-jerk to me. With all the negativity in the news over the last few weeks I figured something was coming, but this was quite the surprise. I hope for all affected that they solve this in a proper and expeditious manner.
Of course it is heavy handed and a knee-jerk reaction. Politicians only care which way the wind is blowing (mood of voters). When this story blew up, they went into "damage control". Before this they didn't care at all. This behavior is typical of most politicians from all parties.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
beholder69 said:
I actually find this article quite encouraging. At least they understand there will be significant impact from this move
Opposition parties in politics are always like that in any country. They want to pull ruling party into trouble. But the way canada govt responded was pretty bad. Also, they should have suspended only new lmo's. Not the ones for which the processing has already begun. So much of happiness gets pulled down & seems like they don't care about it.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beholder69 said:
Oh yeah, he understands that there will be a significant impact with the closing of restaurants yet he's still choosing to give these small business owners and foreign workers the giant middle finger. I told you guys that we're nothing but commodities to these people in this country. We're not human beings to them. We're foreign IMPORTS (as in objects/property) and when they begin to see us as cheap, crummy and now-useless objects, they toss us aside like garbage because they see us as inanimate IMPORTS. As far as they're concerned, if we were born outside their country, then were born to please and benefit them. Phooey on our whatever rights as human beings we possess. This is why they issued this moratorium without so much as a warning with complete disregard for how much trouble it would cause many of us.

collectskulls

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-12
AOR Received.
2-10-12
File Transfer...
2-10-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
19-02-13
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-13
LANDED..........
19-03-13
stopDA said:
Oh yeah, he understands that there will be a significant impact with the closing of restaurants yet he's still choosing to give these small business owners and foreign workers the giant middle finger. I told you guys that we're nothing but commodities to these people in this country. We're not human beings to them. We're foreign IMPORTS (as in objects/property) and when they begin to see us as cheap, crummy and now-useless objects, they toss us aside like garbage because they see us as inanimate IMPORTS. As far as they're concerned, if we were born outside their country, then were born to please and benefit them. Phooey on our whatever rights as human beings we possess. This is why they issued this moratorium without so much as a warning with complete disregard for how much trouble it would cause many of us.
Wow glad you wont be coming to Canada with an attitude like that.....

collectskulls

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-12
AOR Received.
2-10-12
File Transfer...
2-10-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
19-02-13
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-13
LANDED..........
19-03-13
stopDA said:
You know what, to hell with this damn country. It doesn't want us there, so why bother stressing over moving there. I've seen that Canadians against TFW page. If they want these damn jobs so badly, then they can have them.

Phew!!!!!!!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
collectskulls said:
Wow glad you wont be coming to Canada with an attitude like that.....
Apparently, you haven't seen these anti-immigrant hate groups popping up on the internet recently. Go there and read some of the comments. It's very disturbing. All this time, I thought that Canadians were friendly and tolerant, but groups such as "Canadians against TFW" tell a completely different story. I don't have an attitude problem. They do.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Trying to comment neutrally, although being aggressive is never the solution, but try to see it from a person's point of view who made plans, spend money, a lot of energy and injected into the process quite a while back.

Any sensible system any where in the world, even if puts an end to stop a process, they have the courtesy to let through those who are already in there.

Even none of CIC's past processing mechanisms ever did that. There is always a termination date announced and any applicants who were already in process were given due diligence.

I believe this is and rightfully more of a source of fury for people.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
collectskulls said:
Phew!!!!!!!
No, I was being sarcastic when I said that if they wanted these damn restaurant jobs so badly, they could have them. Why? Because many of the same people in these anti-foreigner hate groups wouldn't be caught dead working at McDonalds and eschew anyone who does. If they want these jobs so badly, then why don't they all go line up at McDonald's and sign a one-year contract to stay with their employer.

My fast-food job that was just put on hold due to this stupid moratorium has help-wanted signs all over the net, all over the newspaper, all over jobbank and all over linkedin. Yet it's still so understaffed that the hiring manager still has to take orders at the drive-thru window rather than doing other manager stuff. But if you go to all the restaurant review websites, you see these same people complaining about the painfully slow service at the restaurant.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
fkl said:
Trying to comment neutrally, although being aggressive is never the solution, but try to see it from a person's point of view who made plans, spend money, a lot of energy and injected into the process quite a while back.

Any sensible system any where in the world, even if puts an end to stop a process, they have the courtesy to let through those who are already in there.

Even none of CIC's past processing mechanisms ever did that. There is always a termination date announced and any applicants who were already in process were given due diligence.

I believe this is and rightfully more of a source of fury for people.
I believe that the Investor and Entrepreneur programs were terminated with pending applications rejected. Exactly the same with the pre-February 2008 FSW applications.