+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check TRV and Delays

Tahereh

Feb 26, 2018
I am an Iranian national. I have applied for TRV on Sep 19 from the US and went to an ASC for my biometrics on the same day. Since then, my case has been stuck in background checks:
> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Does anyone know how long this process usually takes and what they are checking? Or why is it taking so long?
I have not left the US in the past 7-8 years and have been on a student visa, so I was not expecting this lengthy process at all. The longest processing time I had heard from other Iranians in the US applying for TRV was ~1 month.
Could you get your visa?
I am waiting for 5 months! Study permit stuck in background check!

Reactions: sabrinadk

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question is background check similar for student applications I mean the time frame.I applied for a student visa online from Pakistan on 27 sep and still waiting med done biometrics done just stuck on background check...any idea anyone how long will it take or any chances of getting a study permit after this much time?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just a quick question is background check similar for student applications I mean the time frame.
It depends on the level of investigations that IRCC intends to do + the type of external agencies from whom IRCC has sought responses.

I applied for a student visa online from Pakistan on 27 sep and still waiting med done biometrics done just stuck on background check...any idea anyone how long will it take or any chances of getting a study permit after this much time?
Wouldn't risk a guess on whether or not you will get a study permit. Nonetheless, hope for the best

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
It depends on the level of investigations that IRCC intends to do + the type of external agencies from whom IRCC has sought responses.

Wouldn't risk a guess on whether or not you will get a study permit. Nonetheless, hope for the best
Thanks for the response...

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017

What do u think about this
I emailed Ralph Goodales office and got this reply.what does passed means?
“Dear Muzammal - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Sept
All assessments are complete andpassed.
The file is currently awaiting final review and decision.”

kira260

Dec 12, 2017
What do u think about this
I emailed Ralph Goodales office and got this reply.what does passed means?
“Dear Muzammal - I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Sept
All assessments are complete andpassed.
The file is currently awaiting final review and decision.”
That means eligibility and security/ background are passed. U will get a decision in a few days or a few weeks. Seems to me it will be approved but u never know!

sabrinadk

Jun 14, 2018
Application status
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Document status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: April 20, 2018, Biometrics done 30 April
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I give them my travelling plan end of June but no response and still waiting....
I am confused about my Trv status, could anyone share his experience????

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Application status
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Document status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Applicant information
  • Principal Applicant: XXXXXXXX
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXXXXX
  • Application number: XXXXXXXX
  • Date Received: April 20, 2018, Biometrics done 30 April
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I give them my travelling plan end of June but no response and still waiting....
I am confused about my Trv status, could anyone share his experience????
The answer will not change even if you ask again and again

sabrinadk

Jun 14, 2018
@ Bryanna thank you very much for your help, I give them traveling plan for 29 june, i have some questions
1- Can i cancel my hotel reservation on 28 June? and give them the new one?
2- while submitting application, I never attached any flight reservation, employer latter and cover letter?
3- Can i attach these things now ?

awaited for your kind reply, Superman! : )
Thanks,.

MurphyA

Star Member
May 7, 2018
I applied online on May 12 from Canada for my friend in Nigeria.

Biometrics were completed May 15, and updated the next day.

Since then the status is in BC and "your application is being processed" but has not changed or updated. It hasn't even begun review of eligibility.

We did receive an email from CIC last week saying "No updates have been made on your application" as if our checking 100x a day didn't tell us that already!

This waiting is excruciating