+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check TRV and Delays

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
That is useful to know. So 60 business days would be Dec 15. Is there anything I can do if I do not hear back by Dec 15?

Do you mind sharing a link to the information about the 60 business days maximum delay as well?

Its not necessary that Canada will take 60 Business days, There are many of the applicants who are waiting for more then 100 days. :)

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my friend in waterloo applied on mid sep and still waiting. Its fristraiting we used to get visa in 10 to 14 days. I applied on OCT 10. Now i am going to lose my job my car my rental house ( i havent been working for 3 months ... ) and i stated all these in my explanation letter and 2 3 CSEs and nothing ... They dont care. Someones life can easily be ruined just like this. I left canada not knowing my visa was expired so after a month of vacation i wasnt allowed to check in!!! Now 55 days of waiting. 3 months away from canada, work, and etc

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
That is useful to know. So 60 business days would be Dec 15. Is there anything I can do if I do not hear back by Dec 15?
The only thing you can do is withdraw your application.

Do you mind sharing a link to the information about the 60 business days maximum delay as well?
This is not a "delay" it is normal processing time. There is no such thing as "60 business days maximum", TRVs can even take 18 months to get processed. You can look for times in this subforum.

Its not necessary that Canada will take 60 Business days, There are many of the applicants who are waiting for more then 100 days. :)
Yes, the most I have seen is 18 months. But I would say 60 business days is safe for 99% of applicants.

Yeah my friend in waterloo applied on mid sep and still waiting. Its fristraiting we used to get visa in 10 to 14 days. I applied on OCT 10. Now i am going to lose my job my car my rental house ( i havent been working for 3 months ... ) and i stated all these in my explanation letter and 2 3 CSEs and nothing ... They dont care. Someones life can easily be ruined just like this. I left canada not knowing my visa was expired so after a month of vacation i wasnt allowed to check in!!! Now 55 days of waiting. 3 months away from canada, work, and etc
True. CIC agents are told to "not care" about personal situations. This is to prevent any unfair treatment to any application. All go through the same process, with the same filters and the same criteria. No exceptions.

roadrunner21

Dec 8, 2017
I did not receive a background check note in my email they just refused my application right away. so sad...so i guess one have a better chance if they conduct a background check than none at all.

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
I did not receive a background check note in my email they just refused my application right away. so sad...so i guess one have a better chance if they conduct a background check than none at all.
Its not like that, they can gives you visa if you fulfilled all the requirements at once.

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
what are the refusal reasons?

rikavache

Jun 12, 2017
Mine has been 67 business days already and still no response.
Hi Mazan,
I applied on August 10, 2017 to renew my TRV inside Canada and I am still waiting for it. However, they asked to send my CV and travel history on late November. Did they ask you to upload additional information/Document?

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi Mazan,
I applied on August 10, 2017 to renew my TRV inside Canada and I am still waiting for it. However, they asked to send my CV and travel history on late November. Did they ask you to upload additional information/Document?
My application is in CPC Ottawa too. Applied on Oct 10. After 7 days They requested my résumé and asked me to answer some background questions about work and studies. And after that that my BG check started. So far no updates. Have called couple times abd sent CSE emails and they all say just wait no control on BG check. My friend had a case like mine, applied on sep 26. Sent resume and additional info on oct 5th. And got his visa on Dec 12th

Reactions: Shezzy

CanadaEHCabada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Whats
Hi Mazan,
Whats your status? Woker Student or visitor? Me and my friend are worker status

Mazan

Nov 30, 2017
Hi Mazan,
I have not received any messages.